Libra - Week 4

CeCiMom

I agree completely.

oooh I wonder if someone is talking about me in other forums :-p

I'd be a superstar!

So yeah my skin is so thick from growing up in my household it doesn't even phase me anymore. I love that people defend her because at least we gat to have discussion

Love the updates guys!

-Kyo

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A lot of people want Jesse so the house flips but I wanted Jesse to stay so Libra can get evicted next week. I knew I did not like her and there was something more about her and she proved it tonight. Some one like her does not deserve to be here or controlling the game. She is a disgrace as a Mother saying what she said and should be out the door. I can only hope Americas vote is to vote out Memphis and Michelle or Jesse win HOH and get her out.

Once April sees Libra, Keesha and Renny went against her the house will be split wide open anyway but I doubt Grodner will keep Jesse I think she wants Libra and Keesha to go to the end.

Funny maybe there should be a board just to discuss board posters. Maybe since this season of BB was so boring that the people on the boards were more exciting to discuss.

But don't you get tired of posting the same negative things? No one is talking about game play or strategy. You just sound like a bunch of Libras, Aprils and Keeshas. Maybe that's why some posters are so hot to bitch about Libra, they see themselves in her. Pathetic.

Francis, I LOVE you for that comment even though you have a mccrankypants avatar. lol

Over the past few years, I've seen so much hate on the board and it's just gotten out of hand especially in season 8. This season, people were judging libra before she entered the house, and we're still seeing things about how she's a bad mother. I saw her whisper to herself that she missed her kids and saw her trying to hold back tears, and she didn't cry. Myself, I'm not that emotional of a person and I hate showing my emotions in front of other people. There are so many other factors that no one takes in to these situations and most people are so quick to judge. Most people are hating Libra and using her mothering skills against her, but what about Dick's fathering skills? His daughter did not want contact with him for five years, but I never remember seeing as much hate for him for that issue as I've seen Libra. Hypocritical is what it is.

There is no strategy talk. There is no talk of how people play the game. There is only bitching. It's the same hate over and over again, and I just get tired of reading it. It sounds like the nerd herd alliance has taken over the boards. Remember all that hate that we couldn't stand to listen to that season, well now it's hard for me to even read the boards because some of the things I read are ten times as vile and hateful than what I heard season 6. Honestly, I'm sick of it. Morty's isn't the same as it used to be.

To be honest, no one really knows Libra's situation, no one here (to my knowledge) has actually met her or any of her family. To me, it is fine to judge how people are playing the game, but when it comes to the personal lives of HGs, none of us know the real situation. Who knows, maybe Libra saw how Danielle became a target during Season 3 from talking about her children too much and that is why she doesn't talk about her children much, or maybe she really just isnt phased....however, in my opinion it isnt my place or anyone else on a message board's place to make that call.

The real cherry on the cake is April wants Memphis out of the house for getting '69 Camaro but knows damn well Libra drives a Mercedes. Memphis has a classic car of unknown value (they all assume it's an untouched original with zero miles on it) and Libra drives a luxury car most people need a second job to even get it off the lot to take home. I'm pretty sure Memphis won't be cruising around with GPS, heated seats, CD player, TVs in the headrests, etc. Memphis will be lucky to have an ash tray he wouldn't use anyway.

Brain, classic cars are worth BANK more than that Mercedes will be worth in a few years, they go UP in value not down. I used to restore classic cars, and my dad collects them, from 30 Model A's to Roadrunners. TRUST me that car given it is original and restored is worth a lot and will continue to go up.

According to some sites I visited a fully restored 1969 Camaro go for $70,000 -$75,000 so YosemiteSam you're correct when you say restored cars are "Bank" and April only needs to go up $15,000 to get the aprox value of Memphis car....she's at $60,00 while Libra keeps making fun of her for her ever increasing value of the car...

But what I am saying is if you don't like that we keep bitching about Libra's motherly skills...ignore us! We aren't picking on you or any of the board members. We are picking on the hamsters themselves.

I very much remember ED getting picked on for his treatment toward his daughter and I very much remember Dani being picked on about her treament of her father. They didn't talk so much about game play and if I recall properaly, and please someone correct or support this...ED had ALOT more hate and discussion that Libra.

I don't think Morty's has changed a bit in the seasons I have been here. I think it's just about the same

Hamsters enter the house...we love the ones we love and bash the ones we don't.

She put herself up as a public figure and she MENTIONS her kids and her home life so I feel totally justified in forming my opinions. She left her babies...I think her priorities are out of whack and because of the way she acts it IS affecting her game play.

But...if you really want gameplay talk, even though I think her attitude and mothering skills DO affect her game play (which I will explain in a moment), then here I go.

She bitches about old people on her team. That pisses others off. (affects her game)

She whines and has a huge mouth and is too up-in-you-face. This pisses people off (affects her game)

She talks about all her sweet sweet life and prizes at home and her lovely paycheck. Thos who go to sequester may think about giving a girl who doesn't need the money as backwards and give it to another. (affects her game)

All of these things affect her game. So now let me get into the mothering thing

She would rather be here than with her infants....she's a crappy mother to me...so how is this strategy and game connected? Allow me to explain as it can have good AND bad effects.

When Renny looked at Libra, Renny saw a tired mother who wanted to experience life and tackle a dream of hers. Renny has now connected to her on that level. (that affects her game and strategizing. She sees Renny as a possible friend and ally)

On the other hand, other hamsters may think she is awful for doing what she did. (she can make enemies and lose allies and be in harms way alot. This also affects her game)

I think all we have discussed, while very personal has to do with this game. She says she didn't sign up for this (leaving her kids this long and such) WHAT THE HELL IS SHE DOING HERE?!?!?

What a whiner...also affects her game

I dislike her and pray she goes and does not win anything beyond her little vacation.

-Kyo

Kyo

I agree with your post except I don't hate her...I dislike her rotten personality and the person she protrays herself to be in the BB house......but I can't hate her.....however keep "bitching" away about Libra..she deserves it...

SEE? Libra throws her PERSONAL PRIVATE business out there like confetti. So have at it folks! She's not talking game so unless we're to leave these boards completely blank until they do type away!

Cajun, no one as a rule LIKES hatred. Personally I don't hate anyone at the BBH because they mean about as much to my life as a pothole. Some repulse me more than others. Only one I ever LIKED was Dr.Will.

However, the people here at Morty's who get their underwear bunched up because other posters express their distaste are LAUGHABLE! I know for a FACT that several of them go to other boards and bash fellow posters and some have mouths like gutters. So who are they to point fingers. They're not only as bad but worse in my NOT SO HUMBLE opinion. And if in their minds it's OK to shred posters but not reality stars then they need serious help. Bring on the whacko wagon.

OnT. If Libra's so wealthy she shouldn't fuss over the cost of anything. There is NOTHING about her that screams money to me. Not her need to be on a degrading reality TV show. Not her clothes or style of dress. Certainly not her manners or general behavior. And definitly not her discussions of money. People as a rule who are financially set plus some... don't BRAG. Sorry, Libra..... not buying it. And whether she was a stay at home mom or gone 24/7 mom I feel she sorely lacks in parenting skills. Not an attractive person. Her gameplay's shrug-worthy. None of the HG's have astounded me to date.

There is no strategy talk. There is no talk of how people play the game. There is only bitching. It's the same hate over and over again, and I just get tired of reading it. It sounds like the nerd herd alliance has taken over the boards. Remember all that hate that we couldn't stand to listen to that season, well now it's hard for me to even read the boards because some of the things I read are ten times as vile and hateful than what I heard season 6. Honestly, I'm sick of it. Morty's isn't the same as it used to be.

There is nothing I feel more passionate about then children. If I see a crappy mother and a rude nasty person then I am going to call it. I post and talk about every houseguest in the house. Some I like some I don't.

Can't figure out why ONLY Libra has all these defenders. They are either just in the thread to bait and flame or they defend Libra because they see themselves in her. (kinda like defending yourself)

Sorry CeCi. I have been biting my tongue. I don't see why Libra is supposed to be exempt of criticism according to some posters ~ and only Libra.

She screwed her own "public image" last night, huh?

I don't like her simply because she reminds me so much of my ex sister-in-law, who walked off and left her 3 young boys and my bro, and all she could do to justify it was whine, "...but what about meeee??? What about my happiness??" (never mind how she messed up her kids lives and minds.)

Sorry, but when you choose to have children, your life goes on the back burner for at least 18 years from the dates of their births. Period.

I know she hasn't left her children permanently, just for a 3 mth vacation, but her personality is that of a classless, self-absorbed witch.

When she spoke of her friends and how she's the only one to have children, she sounded as if she had real regrets. She was patting herself on the back tho for helping her 4 yr old with homework. Wow. Give her extra maternal points. She'd have gotten extra points with me had she been able to say, "I gave up a chance to be on a tv program for 3 mths. It was a no brainer. My children need me."

I agree with Wicked and call bs on her bragging about $. She doesn't act like someone who really has money. Her ghetto speak helped to give that away, and the fact that she is on a reality show to try to win money. Maybe she's in debt up to her eyeballs and bb is a sink or swim last chance effort to save herself. The IRS may be zoning in on her, and they are ruthless. I'd bet she's been living well above her means. Just an assumption. I'll say it again...something just isn't right about Libra.

yes, Libra has certainly made a spectacle of herself, bet her family are lovin all that they are hearing and reading, can we say real reality check???

I do no think that Morty's has changed one iota, and if it has it is for the better, yes season 6 and season 8 were very harsh, and a lot of hate was spewed, but that is just the nature of the show, and this board is very low key when it comes to the way the members conduct themselves, man I do not enjoy being ripped up at some of the other spots, not that I have, I have observed tho how it is, and sooo I love Morty's for being the place it is and the members we have. I disliked Maggie the most and liked ED, so every season it changes. I think Morty's is at a place that everyone is getting along and having fun, and it is just a few die hards that come riding in here to rip into your posts and try and make an argument out of whatever it is that is your opinion. I seriously do not think any of us want that any more.

I think Libra is clueless and has no inclination of what she is doing with her life, hey hind sight is harsh and you cannot get time back, you can wake up one day, and sy "What the Hell?" "What was I thinkin?" but sadly you cannot get that time back, so if she thinks someone is crawlin, some one prolly is, she made the wrong decision in my opinion to spend the summer in the BB house instead of with her family. as far as her game play?? paleeaassee, she will bring herself down and out soon enough, she is not a good undercover player, she has no game, thus far, noone has, but tonight I have a feeling things are gonna change,lololol

re Morty's, I don't see how this site has changed at all either. That's why I come here. There was just as much hatred for Maggie (S6) and even in S4(?) for Diane and especially for Drew when he kicked Diane out. There's been strong opinions in every season. Some just have short memories I guess. I was a Dick/Danielle supporter and I sure do remember getting slammed more than a few times. :lol:;)

Morty's hasn't changed at all. The houseguests have, or rather, the producer.

The moment the producers started actively trying to recruit obnoxious scumbags is the moment people on Morty's started reacting to them.

P.S. - Libra is a horrible person

Only one person on these boards who posted here actually knows her in real life and she confirmed what we've all been seeing. Libra is a materialistic bitch who thinks her crap doesn't stink. That's what was said by someone who knows her basically and she has confirmed it on the feeds time and time again.

Wicked, I know what you mean.

For some people who regularly post on Survivor Sucks to come over here and say we bitch about Libra too much is the epitome of irony.

In my opinion: Watching Big Brother just for the strategy is like reading Playboy just for the articles. Part of the game is for us to interact around the "hamsters" whether it is viewing them on CBS/the feeds/Showtime and/or posting on the boards.

I love Strategy talk but I also get so much more out of Big Brother. It is an ongoing social experiment. The show gives me a glimpse into current popular culture; insight to trends and slang; and challenges my own values and beliefs. Which brings me to Libra. Being maternal is an animal instinct, not just a human characteristic. I don't hate her, I just find it fascinating that a person (particularly a woman), could volunteer to leave her family (with 2 infants and a toddler) for 3 months to be on a reality show that's sole purpose is have people watch, scrutinize, and yes criticize, your every move 24/7. She says she has a great job, it must be great to allow her 3 months off (after a proable maternity leave) to be on a game show.

I think Libra is taking the game seriously (I love when Jesse said - "she counts everything like it is her job"). I also found it warming to see Libra break down a little on her birthday saying she missed her family. It really is a no win for her, cause she is darned for speaking about her family and darned for being a cold hearted biactch if she doesn't. I am confused by her telling the other HG's about all the nice things she has because that is just reason for them to evict her and/or not let her win (but maybe she thinks it can get her as a solid position as a final 2 choice).

nice post Califcyclone....your post made me not regret opening up the Libra thread for a change...

Kwildcat wrote:

Sorry, but when you choose to have children, your life goes on the back burner for at least 18 years from the dates of their births. Period.

I know some women will hate me for saying this but this what is quoted here is 100% right. If it's sexist, too bad, I don't apologize! Nature made the woman be the one to carry the baby, have the ability to breastfeed etc. This is life!

The world is extremely overpopulated. There is no reason to have a baby if you don't want it! There is no excuse!

mortys has change a ton

alot of old timers that would chop up strategy here and dont do it anymore screbel, twincity, yath etc.......

it actually get boring here so my post count overall has been low this season compare to most

i may post here and there but i spend the majority of my time on jokers

part of reason is the casting of certain hg that gives show that producers cast them to give and lack of new posters that actually participates

libra and keesha are such characters 24/7 with them is a catty bitchfest and that ends up taking up majority of post here

usually in past i might defend a few of african american hg that bb cast or lack there of but not this season because frankly i dont care because these hg are cast for a

reason to exhibit the stereotypical traits that public have of them

you have ollie the preacher boy who is a naughty sex freak

and libra the loud mouth

bb stop casting real folks long ago and instead now focus on drama queens / actor/actress wannabees

I agree UVP. Being a long time person here at Morty's, I don't have the posts like I did when Morty had his old site. I do believe that the changes in who is on the show has degraded, hence the reason for picking on the HGs more.

Back to picking on Libra and her terrible gameplay...LOL!

All I see that has changed here are some of the old faces are gone, and hopefully never to return, I am not gonna name names, people have become a little nicer to each other, sans the few die hards I have spoken of, I still see strategy talked about, but also the game itself has changed and it is not like it was back before season 6, so consequently the posting has changed some.

Also I liked your post califcyclone, that is the kind of Libra love post that we are talkin about, it is what you think and I am not gonna shred your opinion, I agree that for once I was not unhappy I had come into the Libra thread, also agree smassdi.

Part of the problem with BB lately is that none of the HGs have any game. No one seems willing to make any waves and shake things up. Right now, the most interesting person to watch is Dan. And when did they all decide to vote as the HOH wanted? That bothers me immensely and makes for a boring show. I regret that Angie was one of the first to go. I think she could have been a strong factor in this game.

I wonder if the HGs were instructed by the producers to mix it up to provide a better entertainment value for live feed viewers and the show? It all appears staged and fake to me sometimes, like each is looking for a reason to start some drama. Of course, I realize being a hamster under scrutiny can make them want to rattle their cages but please someone get some game.

I only have observations about Libra and don't hate her. She just isn't a person I would encourage a friendship with. The way she raises her children and her private life is her own. She will have to deal with the consequences of her actions after the show.

For me the biggest change at Morty's is not having Morty himself reporting on the day to day coverage.

Morty brought a certain wit and charm to the daily coverage that has not been recaptured by others.

With that said, I still love this site. And Big Brother is still a very important part of Morty's - as you can tell by all the activity within the Big Bro threads.

The game has changed. Players are playing a much more overt vs. covert game strategy (BB7-10). BBAD while I like to watch it - has the people getting ready and "acting" for us for 3 hours every night. Personally I think the game is the worse for it. Last season people just seemed to fold themselves into a mold of creating chaos and tension under the guise of gameplay and not sure what it bought anyone. Chess can be a very agressive game, but you do not point your finger in someones face, yell and/or talk smack behind a players back all day long and then feign innocence. Some of my favorite players are the ones that that get others to do their bidding. Dr. Will was an evil genius - he told people he would lie to them and did...and he did it without confrontation. Danielle and Jason created the perfect alliance no one knew about and Danielle got Marcellas not to use the POV just because he trusted her. Jannelle an in-you-face player at times was always assessing and adapting her gameplay. Evel Dick while seeming to be the poster boy for this "mean" strategy really only used it for strategic purposes - he would use it to rattle people just before an important event.

Today I watch the feeds and hear these people spinning reality as they see it and wonder what kind of drugs they are putting into the Koolaid. I am not seeing great or creative strategy to rattle players just reactive, vindictive, irrational moves. Angie's speech last week was brilliant - it was not only spot on in it plea but I believe also rattled Jesse into mumbling some really stupid defense. Someone should have changed their vote based on it. April truly believes that everyone should go along with her decision because she is the current HOH - even after she had no more power after Jerry won POV. I can only hope that Libra, Keesha, Renny and Dan get Jesse out because he is more of a threat than Memphis as Jesse has an apparent to-the-end 2 person alliance with Michelle, will come after them and they can still leverage Memphis winning the car against him in the future.

Archived