Libra - Week 4

CeCiMom

P.S. - there is no such thing as libel when you are discussing someone who is in the public eye. This is why I can say "Richard Gere likes to have sex with gerbils" and there's absolutely, positively NOTHING he can do about it.

Uhmm, legally that's not a correct statement.

Refer to this please. It's the first one I found. Every single one will say the same thing.

http://www.sbindependent.org/node/199

Lions and Libel and Slander, Oh My! | Stony Brook Independent

Especially read this part, and I quote, "If you do have a piece that speaks of someone personally, or really tears into their performance on a job, etc., make sure that this person is a public figure. You really can

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I find it hard to believe that there are Libra defenders out there but to each his own. General concensus is that she is not the most popular HG, either in this forum or in the house.

Anyone notice how April put her hands over her face when they announced that Libra could take any prize she wanted? Makes it hard for me to believe that that the order was prearranged between the final 3. It appeared that April was afraid of losing the money. Of course, Libra didn't want to bring down the wrath on God upon herself so she chose a lesser target in Michelle. We all know she had no interest in a non-monetary prize such as a letter from home. Now after the competition, she's lamenting about her family in an effort to dissuade opinions about her choice. Can you say hypocrite?

I've also noticed when Libra argues/confronts, she thinks volume solves all problems. She thinks over-talking the others makes her points more valid, when in actuality she just keeps repeating the same thing over and over.

Actually Libra should have taken the POV. By letting Jerry have it she opened the door for April to use it,had April been smart she would have done that and put someone else up. That would have caused the vote to shift as the Keesa,Libra,Renny ,Dan, plan would have fallen through.They wouldn't have had the numbers,it would have been 4 to 3 with Jesse staying.

So by giving up the veto,she put their fate in April not talkingg Jerry into using it,luckily it worked out and he didn't. But Libra could have taken the POV, and it would have been a moot point,their plan would have gone forward ,with no possibility of failure!

Unless that really isn't the plan and one of them breaks ranks and goes with April?

gsn good post

i agree

april knew the vote was maybe flopping and still made no attempt to use veto

what bb has told us over years are vote you think you have "dan" are never a lock

reminds me of dustin thinking he had votes and just like bb 8 the ap help flip the votes

yes

The assumption is that if someone is a newspaper editor, actor/actress, university president, etc., they are accepting the scrutiny of the public eye to a degree. Being critical of politicians and others is an important right of having free speech."

Being critical is one thing, but making false allegations is slander/libel regardless of being a public figure, and it would be up to the person making the accusation to prove that what they say is true.

This is basic law school stuff.

In all my life, I never saw a game where the winner got to wear a unitard and the person in second to last place got a trip to Hawaii.

I think they planned it that way so the winner would more than likely take someone else's prize. Just to make sure the pot got stirred. Who woulda thunk when Jen first got it, she's keep it!?!

That doesnt make sense...if it was before they shot the puck, how could they make that deal if they didnt know what the prizes were yet...specifically if money was involved and that they were allowed to split it?

IMO, they probably guessed money would be a prize. I think for the past few seasons during this white-elephant type comp, money is involved. If whe you say is true, Ceci, and april was suppose to take the Veto in exchange for the cash, I think she did an understandable thing. Why give Jessie money? Although, then Jerry could have taken the cash, unless there was a rule that an item can only be taken once.

It takes eye/hand coordination just like real golf and darts and any other sport like that.

You got it there, sister. I can hit a double bull all day, but a dub-8 is nearly impossible. Go figure. Now, do I think Libra is a master mini-golfer? No. Did she have better luck than others? Possibly. It appeared that when she was making her shots, she was watching the ball and trying to read the floor. Unlike Memphis, Michelle and Jessie who just wacked it and didn't care where it went.

You got it there, sister. I can hit a double bull all day, but a dub-8 is nearly impossible. Go figure. Now, do I think Libra is a master mini-golfer? No. Did she have better luck than others? Possibly. It appeared that when she was making her shots, she was watching the ball and trying to read the floor. Unlike Memphis, Michelle and Jessie who just wacked it and didn't care where it went.

Actualy as much as I hate to say it Jerry had the best/right technique. It really wasn't like mini golf where you needed a backswing. Putting the hockey stick behind the ball and sweeping it like Jerry did ala "wrist shot" was the right technique. No power was needed accuracy was the key!

Most eveyone was taking this HUGE backswing,then hitting the ball!

The details I gave were from Libra's mouth last night while talking to Keesha and April, just before lights out. About 1 am BBT. However, I have no idea if she was lying or not... but, I don't think she was. Cause we have heard numerous times from April, Jerry, etc. that Libra got 1, Jerry 4 and April 5. So, it makes sense as to how that came to be.

Why is it that people have a right to hate Libra and say hateful things, but we don't have a right to like her and defend her?

Where does it say that?

The comments I made a couple pages back start off with...

This is season 10 people... bashing a house guest is NOT new. Defending a house guest is NOT new. Both are allowed here.

I don't know how I can make it any clearer. You all have the right to post anything you want here about a HOUSE GUEST!!! (Within the guidelines, that is.) You CANNOT bash/attack/bait/flame another POSTER or their OPINION... even if they've stated that said opinion a million times a million different ways.

Well that's the thing I never saw anyone here saying you can't defend her.

Saying she is a crappy mother isn't likely to go to a court of law and if it did I imagine the judge would, in professional terms, say 'get a life' to the complaintant. Nobody here has honestly made a specific libelous statement.

Please understand too that Libra isn't the only who has defenders here. Keesha get's defended as well. I gotta say if this was bad I think you should have seen those of us who had to defend ED and Dani. PHEW!!! That was a riot :-p

I heard somebody say we don't know what she is like at home but neither do her defenders. She could be an evil cuss at home and putting on a pretty face. Kudos for sticking to your guns and kudos to the Libra haters for sticking to theirs and any other hamster lover/hater. I think we're all good people but in such a drama-filled situation blood will boil. The most important thing is that when you leave the site for the day that you don't take it with you. If you want to discount anything I say I promise here and now you will not and cannot offend me. (I mean really...I defended ED...how much pride can I really have?!?!?) :-p

Ah well...I will say again...I hate her...I think she is a crappy mother....most importantly...I love you guys

-Kyo

I've defended only one hg and that was Jen BB8 because I felt bad for her. The whole house was against her and vile Dick was horrific toward her.

Otherwise, unless I get some of the winnings, I could care less about any of them. They choose to put themselves on exhibit.

Where does it say that?

Sorry CeCi, I read a post complaining about Libra's defenders and responded before I read your post about the rules.

Please understand too that Libra isn't the only who has defenders here.

Kyo, I was responding to a poster who said she was the only one with defenders. That was a couple of pages back.

I heard somebody say we don't know what she is like at home but neither do her defenders.

I haven't seen any defender of Libra say that they do know what she is like at home. That's been the point of the defenders is that no one knows what she's like at home.

So true.

I can only base my opinions on what I see.

I see she left her home, husband, toddler and twin infants to be on a reality show that so many seem to think is a once in a lifetime.

I see her turning hgs against others.

I see her being jealous of others.

I see her stomping through rooms and screaming like a mad woman when she gets called out for something.

You're right, I don't know her at home, but there's enough to see of her in the house to base opinions on. Since she is in the BB house and that is what we are observing, right?

I haven't seen any defender of Libra say that they do know what she is like at home. That's been the point of the defenders is that no one knows what she's like at home.

Well I do recall a defender of Libra saying she left her home with the father and that was acceptable so I thought that was a mention of her life at home. I am not picking on that person because I say we can all say our wild things about the hamsters :-p

Actually...I will tell you a little secret. I LOVE watching people talk good or bad about them. It gives this game new dimension

DANG I LOVE THIS FORUM!!

-Kyo

Quote Denise: They are with their father.

You mean this post^^^.

Yeah, that makes it allright for the kids. Of course, we have no idea what kind of man Mr. Libra is because we haven't been able to observe him. But, yes, I see your point about the post ILD.

Well I do recall a defender of Libra saying she left her home with the father and that was acceptable

Well, if you're talking about me responding to a post saying she left her kids with "others" and I corrected to say that she didn't just leave her kids with other people, but with their father. That's not saying that I know how she is as a person or mother or daughter or wife, it's stating a fact. She did leave her kids with their father. And, yes in my opinion, it's perfectfly fine to leave your children with their father. They are his kids too.

Yeah, that makes it allright for the kids. Of course, we have no idea what kind of man Mr. Libra is because we haven't been able to observe him. But, yes, I see your point about the post ILD.

I'm speechless. I'm sorry I'm not baiting. I just am astounded by some of the things that people post. I certainly understand where you're coming from though, Ginger.

Archived