Dan - Week 3

Jem

I also would have thought out of sheer boredom that Dan being a teacher would have jumped on the chanced to talk about his subject, he seems to be a tool at times,lol

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After seeing some of this guy's videos either previous to entering the house or his DR sessions, it just seems to me he's trying real hard to be something he's not. I really don't see that working for him very long. Sooner or later somebody is going to push the wrong buttons and the real dude will show up. Once that happens the gig is up.

i think he stay cool

he wants to keep his job

yep...and I also think he's probably the genuinely nice conservative guy that he appears to be.

He's in a good position in the house right now too...out of the line of fire. With his build, PE teacher/coaching and running experience...he'll be a major contender in the endurance comps...not to mention that he should do well in any mental comps. I think this guy is a serious contender to go far in the game...I hope so anyway. I didn't like him at first based on his bio and vids...but I like what I see in the house.

^agreed. Dan is definately in my top 2 favorites. and while yeah, he was a total douche in his pre-show interviews, I think that was him being fake and trying to be showy before actually getting into the house, while what we're seeing in the house is more of the real Dan. Think about how nice and pleasant Libra was in her pre-show interviews and how friendly and cool Ollie seemed. IMO that's SSS and once we get ot see them living on a daily basis we can get a better impression

I also would have thought out of sheer boredom that Dan being a teacher would have jumped on the chanced to talk about his subject, he seems to be a tool at times,lol

I agree...I think he just wanted to diss Angie make it look like "I'm done with you, now" probably to prove a point.

I don't know how it is in the States, but here you need two "teachable" courses in order to be a HS teacher. So if his major is in say Religion, he wouldn't be teaching Math. He'd likely be hired on as the Religion teacher.

Idk what Dan teaches, but maybe he's not the Biology teacher? So his declining to answer is a way to save face? Maybe he really is the Health/Gym teacher and didn't want them to know because 1) he could be embarrassed or 2) he doesn't want to look like a physical threat?

I'm thinking way too much about this. I should probably check his bio. lol

The link Eastcoast posted #102 says Dan teaches Biology, PE and Health

:)

Well I have never disliked Dan. I mostly have liked him but at the moment I am leary. I am waiting to see if he does something to please me. :food-smiley-005:

Teaching can be a HUGE drain on a person at the end of the day. After spending all day (8-9 hours) with engineers, they usually wanted to go out at the end of the day. I would find myself either off on my own, shopping, or reading a book in my hotel room. I did not want to talk for a few more hours no matter the subject. I wanted quiet. Now it may be different when you are off for the summer and not talking for weeks. I probably would have done it just to have something to say.

Basically his masters degree is in Phys-Ed.

So, if the next comps involves dodgeball, kick ball or smacking people with twisted wet towels, the producers are pushing for Dan to win.

I'm wondering if he'll try to win HOH this week...I don't think he will. He's not anyone's target...and won't want to become one either.

He has talked about teaching health and about how hard it is to keep a straight face when the boys come up with their questions about sex...........it's kind of tricky to teach that in a Catholic school, because you have to give the church's teaching along with the facts, it can't be easy for him, being so young......... I'm thinking he probably really is a PE/Health teacher, they usually go together.

He's still laying low right now. A quasi-floater. But then aren't they all? Just imagine if (yikes!!!) if Jesse gets HOH. You think Ollie, April, Jerry, even Libra won't be bowing down to Jesse and give him the respect he doesn't deserve?

I think Dan will be voted as America's Player. He is as pukey and affable as the last one. He also wants to be a stand-up guy and everybody's friend.

Archived