Dan - Week 3

Jem

But, do you think anyone really trusts Dan enough yet for him to try and make something happen??

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, I just read this from the feeders:

Dan is talking about the long-term teachers who have been in for years and years and then they start chilling out and not working as hard.

WTF?? Now I have a better idea about what kind of teacher this little dip-sh*t is. What an a$$. Those lifers probably work harder than the "hip young teachers" but they MAKE it look easy. Do you know how? Because they love what they do. They aren't teaching for the paycheck. They aren't teaching for the "summers off". They're teaching because they have a gift and heard "the calling".

Jerk!

I agree with you Francis. Most long time teachers know what they're doing and do it smoothly so it looks like it's "easy" to a beginner like Dan. It's kind of like watching Fred Astaire dance. He makes it look so easy, yet he really worked his butt off...Ginger Roger's feet would start bleeding, so she'd have to bandage them up and keep on rehearsing.

Nope, my son confirmed this in high school. The older teachers on their way out, couldn't care less. No class work, no assignments.

I think it'a always the new breed of any profession that comes in "gun ho." Of course, they either lose interest along the way or something changes in them.

Either way, it's hard to stereotype older/newer teachers it all depends on how much someone likes their jobs and if they find the job rewarding and fulfilling.

My old school system where I attended as a student relished in keeping some real LuLus! But like you say there were some really great teachers, too. Unlike college, in High School we were stuck with the teachers we were assigned!

Wow I didn't hear that Francis... Thanks for posting... I have to say that I had a lot of the older teachers in my school days and not so many younger ones, and that I learned more form those older ones that I ever did from the younger ones... I had one teacher who believe it or not, turned out to be my favorite, she was my 4th grade teacher and a friend of mine and I had written on the pages of our brand new readers, and one of the guys in our class saw and told on us... She called us both to the little storage room, each in turn, and asked if it was true... I told her yes I had written in mine, but didn't say anything about Diane, and she didn't ask about Diane either, she made me erase what I had written, and wright lines, Diane fibbed and said she didn't write in her's... Well the teacher just sent another teacher in to get Diane's book, and sure enough they found where Diane had written in her book, so Diane got a paddling... This teacher's rule was if you tell me the truth, you will be punished, but no paddling, but if you fib to me you are going to be paddeled... I learned myself that day, lying was a bad idea... Not that my parents didn't teach me not to lie, but this was a true lesson to me for some reason it stuck, much more so than my parent's telling me lying was wrong...

Teaching, like any profession, has good and bad in both the older and younger ranks. There are some really bad older teachers....but there are also some younger ones who think they know everything...and don't. Can't generalize on anything anymore.

Archived