Dan - Week 3

Jem

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Her pick last year was Adam

was this at begining of the season

or midseason?

He's a runner...strong but not big...I'll bet he's good at endurance...make that kick ass at endurance!

if it wasnt for jacob big mouth adam was a goner week 1

I would love for Dan to beat Jesse in an endurance HOH comp!!! Also I think Michelle has bad knees so she probably would last about as long as Matt did in HOH comp in BB9 that Nat finally gave up to James.

Kinda up in the air on this guy. I think I'd like him outside of the house, but inside he seems like a weasle. He's always schmoozing around the HOH's and I hate his DR vids. "My plan to show I am a weak player is working like a charm!" Yeah right Dan, you just suck.

If he's just fade into the woodwork, I'd like him better.

I think Dan really likes hanging out with Memphis and Angie. They have really good conversations just being goofy and talking about nonsense.

I am undecided about him, of he stays the hell away from Memphis is a serious way, say game wise I would like him, but I think it will be curtains for him if he continues a realationship with Memphis.

I think right now Dan is able to keep friendships outside of battle lines (it also helps he isn't strongly in an alliance). I agree that with the catty nature of BB he could suffer maintaining friendships, but sometimes these petty conflicts create a perpetulaly awkward social dynamic, and respect that Dan is able to work around that. Of course, Libra can always use that as fuel for a paranoia fire

I just read on last nights feeds (thank you transcribers!!) when Angie requested him to teach her something about biology, Dan replied, "That's why I have summers off." I didn't see it, so I don't know if he was joking, but if he wasn't...WTF??

Maybe because I grew up with "Teach until Death" type teachers, but that comment just didn't sit right with me.

I just read on last nights feeds (thank you transcribers!!) when Angie requested him to teach her something about biology, Dan replied, "That's why I have summers off." I didn't see it, so I don't know if he was joking, but if he wasn't...WTF??

Yes I heard Dan say that then they went on anyway joking and talking about life at the bottom of the sea and having a good time.

If Dan won HOH (can happen because they are such crapshoots) if the other 6 would pound on him in the HOH room and not let the Outsiders in.

If Dan won HOH (can happen because they are such crapshoots) if the other 6 would pound on him in the HOH room and not let the Outsiders in.

i maybe in minority but i dont see bb comps as a crapshoot

if they were truly crapshoot the same hg wouldnt win each comps everyseason eg.janelle, dani, james

Except for the honey comp that was meant for a strong person the rest have been crapshoots.

This is the first season I have thought of them as crap shoots. I hope they start having the rest of the comps and the are made for skill.

for me i think of crapshoot as something any of hg could win

all bb comps favor certain hg skills which maybe recall skills, physical skills etc......

the last comp was a pure observation test

i didnt see crapshoot

I don't think Keesha won the last comp with skill. She got one answer right but then won the final by default. Not a lot to work with in that competition. Could be who is faster on the buzzer.

I would like to see some harder comps for HOH.

I read that too about Dan and was surprised about the attitude. Then I thought he must be one of those fake teachers...barely got by on a degree and needs the textbook open to teach.

Well...I doubt he's a "fake" teacher Ginger ;) I do think he's probably pretty green when it comes to teaching though...and I'll bet you're right in that he requires a textbook for teaching and making up his lesson plans.

He is only 24...and has a master degree in Kinesiology (the science of human movement. It focuses on how the body functions and moves.) A master's degree takes at least 5 to 6 years to obtain...so that would mean he probably only has 1 year of teaching under his belt...assuming he started college at 18. So while he's likely to be book smart and is definitely well educated...he probably lacks experience in teaching and talking about biology specifically. Also...could be part of his strategy to not appear to be a complete brianiac...might scare some of these dummies.

besides all that...I really dislike talking about work when I'm not on the clock too...I can understand why he may feel the same way.

First, Francis_3, I LOVE YOUR AVITAR!!!!

Secondly, I'm a teacher and happen to be one of those people who talks too much and has no problem explaining, emoting, detailing 24/7. I would have bored the pants off of that girl about Biology. I have the summer off but I tend to EXPLAIN too much which gets on my family's nerves. I don't get his comment about teaching. He's new, that's obvious given his age. Also, I missed the point about a masters degree. It's required after 3 years of teaching and to teach the HS level in CT but his major is wierd. Even for a Catholic School. I think he might be a gym teacher.

Undecided about him. He may be the real thing (his niceness to everyone) or just a schmooze.

Archived