Libra

Jem

How many times have we, myself included, wanted HGs who were NOT bartenders and actress wannabes. We wanted "real" people with jobs and concerns like most of us. But the second we get someone who is not 20 single, jobless and looking for the casting couch, people cannot wait to poo-poo her for leaving her well paying job and her family and her responsibilities. Gee whiz, make up your minds.

As for her leaving her children for x amount of time really has no impact on me. If she is not the primary care giver of her children and her husband is than its really no different that if the dad was the one to leave for 3 months.

100% agree

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you don't get it you don't get it. scratchhead.gif

I guess it is a mother love thing not understanding about a mother leaving her babies for a reality show.

I agree with Francis too. Maybe she is a working mom and leaves her kids with day cares most of the time and her husband is the primary care giver as well. And yes, I am not disagreeing that it is tough to leave you kids for 1-3 months let alone 1 day... but sometimes some people have priorities that weigh out. And nope, I dont have any kids yet but do Psychology Research with infants born addicted to drugs.

I just think that we can't say terrible things about why she left her kids for a reality show (regardless of income!!) since we dont know her or her reasons yet. When you work at a job where parents leave their kids all the time, I guess you get a bit jaded about it all. And regardless of how much she makes.... the future is definitely important (including very expensive college educations for her 3 children!). And just saying... the more money you make, the more bills you have to pay. I like to give people an opportunity to know them, instead of judging them immediately. And we wont know about her for sure, til Sunday.

I could care less what Libra and her husband do, but to nip this in the bud right now...I could talk about them all I want and every other hg, too.

That's how it works here.

For those who want to debate if fine, you can debate it until the cows come home....I just post my opinions and move on.

:):):):)

And about the "intimidation"...does Mr. Libra think he is going to intimidate us into liking and agreeing with her? I hope he visits again!!!!

Count me in as one of the confused ones as to why this new mom would choose to leave her babies and toddler and go on a reality show. I'm sure the kids will be loved and well provided for...the older child will certainly miss her and the infants will forget her soon enough. I can't imagine it could be easy for Libra to be seperated from them either...so why do it? So many new moms stress about leaving their babies in daycare while they work...and that's just for 8 or 9 hours a day. They still get to see their kids mornings, evenings and weekends. Libra is choosing to leave them for up to 3 months...that say's something about her character...I don't know what yet but I suspect it is something innate in her...her lacking in that maternal gene, perhaps greed or maybe hopes for a singing career???

I definitely will feel no sympathy for her when/if she starts crying about how much she misses them and when/if she starts playing that "I'm doing this for my family" card. She's made her choice and she knew what she was getting into.

From the video I will say that I like her...she's pretty, smart, interesting and talented. I like her view on politics (from what she's mentioned so far anyway) and I think she has potential to be a good BB player too. I have my suspicions about her character although I actually would like to root for her...but not just yet...that whole kid thing is just holding me back from supporting her on this show.

Point is on MY behalf ( which was proven by replies from both sides )...is that I'm one of those mothers that it would take more than a reality show to pry me away from my small child. Doesn't mean those who could drop and run are wrong. Just wired differently. My kid's going to the college of his choice via my hard work. Not rolling the dice. Side note: I'm sorry but there's no way unless you are a mother you'd understand maternal instinct and love. Observing won't cut it. I saw my sister give birth but no way would I have understood how it felt until I did it myself.

Libra's more likely to annoy me if she pushes liberal views or Obama. What kind of mother she is is her problem.

I don't know if it was a commercial or a show on today (I passed a tv while at work) but they showed her twins. It appears that she wants publicity for the whole family.

My guess is she'll talk more about Obama than her family. That's what she was hired to do, right?

yes, iIsaw that comercial also, and she said if part of being on BB gave her any publicity as far as becoming some kind of celebrity she would not mind that. so I suspect that she would like a singing career. I do not care what her motherly values are either, just that I do not get them and question why she left her young family for 3 months, I think Gingersnaps hit the nail on the head when she said Libra prolly was takin her a nice vaca, yep I suspect that too,lololol

As far as us complaining about what kind of houseguests we have this time around, wha? Stating that I do not understand why in the world Libra could or would leave her very young children in no way is saying I do not like the line up of the guests or that I am unhappy in any way about not having a bunch of model and actress wannabees, who knows tho, this bunch could all have hidden agendas. We will just have to see how it all unfolds, I may like this libra with the missing mommy gene, ya know??

Remember when Queen Elizabeth left on a 3 month tour of some kind and when she came home Prince Charles looked right thru her, like he did not know who she was? He always said he felt his nanny was more like his mother. Queen Elizabeth is prolly one of mothers who feels less in the kids dept, just sayin

I'm just surprised to hear that women with infants can be required to serve their country. I would have thought they'd get a pass at that point. Do they have the chance to opt out until a later date? I'd worry about the marked increase in soldier depression ....

As a few have pointed out, she may just not be strongly maternal, making this seem like a plausible idea. Doesn't make her a bad person, just not one with a strong maternal instinct. Even without the strong pull, I think she's going to find this a lot tougher than she expects.

I'd worry about the marked increase in soldier depression ....

or the increase in pregnant soldier murders...just saying...

I'm not understanding the "strong maternal instinct" argument. She's trying a different way to provide for her family. What's the difference in what she's doing vs. an olympic athlete or a professional singer going on tour. You take your chances when they come. I'm sure, if she had the choice, she would have done the show before she got pregnant or next year. But who's to say Big Brother will be around for another season? I always here people on shows like AI and SYTYCD all say, "I had to take my shot". She's taking her shot. I don't think her maternal skills are lacking. At least she's not looking for a "showmance" like half the others (even those with significant others).

I will feel a little sorry for her if/ when she cries about missing her family. But I always feel bad when the HGs break down a little. Hell, I felt sorry for Dick and his frickin daughter was in the next room. I hate seeing people sad, maybe that's my strong maternal instinct.

I have a job that makes it hard for me to see my family for 3 months out of the year, and it is hard on me, my dh, and my girls. It is hard, but to not have any contact at all... My job keeps me so busy that while I am working I don't have the time t miss my fam. I don't know if I could do it with all that time to miss them, but like she said if I was that close to thato $$$ I might do it too. My dh is great with the girls I know that they would be ok. Maybe she feels the same. I think that I am going to like her. I agree that if she can't win I hope that she goes early.

She's trying a different way to provide for her family

Providing how?

Do they need money? She has a job right?

Does the family need her to be on a reality show for three months? Who knows..after watching a week or so of BB, maybe the family does really need her to be away for a while. Respite for them. We'll see!!!!

As I said earlier, I don't really care what she does, but I will comment on what she does, but that sentence gave me a chuckle.

OK, you win. No one on a reality show NEEDS money because there are thousands of jobs they can take. No one NEEDS to be on a reality show. Everyone on Big Brother, because it takes no skill to win, is selfish and they should be shamed in public.

She couldn't possibly use the grand prize money. She couldn't possibly use any entertainment industry contacts that she may meet by this process. She couldn't possibly think this might be a once in a lifetime opportunity unlike anything in her hometown. Non-poor people NEVER want to have fun. You are so right, what could these people be thinking??

I'm just surprised to hear that women with infants can be required to serve their country. I would have thought they'd get a pass at that point. Do they have the chance to opt out until a later date? I'd worry about the marked increase in soldier depression ....

Yes women with children and pregnant do serve our country. :flags_unitedstates:

I looked quite cute in maternity BDU's.

She couldn't possibly use the grand prize money. She couldn't possibly use any entertainment industry contacts that she may meet by this process. She couldn't possibly think this might be a once in a lifetime opportunity unlike anything in her hometown. Non-poor people NEVER want to have fun. You are so right, what could these people be thinking??

I'm still trying to think of one famous person who's come off of BB. I'm thinking reality is these people think more of themselves than the industry ever will. I'm still waiting for Janelle or Kasar to pop up in some blockbuster. Or not. But honestly I couldn't have FUN away from my new babies for three months. Wouldn't happen.

There's many area's in the military that people serve that doesn't require gun in hand. My Aunt was the first woman Byrd ( sp ) Colonial in the US Army. She retired after traveling the world as a nurse. She's on her deathbed currently and is 91 today ( bday ). She likes gameshows AND reality tv.

OK, you win

This is where you and I differ. It's a discussion board and we are here to discuss the hg, not debate everything until it is beaten to the death. It's not about who wins....it appears that things are win and lose situations to you.

Nothing here effects my life.

No one on a reality show NEEDS money because there are thousands of jobs they can take. No one NEEDS to be on a reality show.

True and true!

Going on a reality show for fun, fame, adventure, prizes, etc...sure, great, go for it and have fun...but to do it as an act of desperation and NEED is pathetic. Libra isn't here because of NEED...she is here by CHOICE.

It appears from her bio and interview that she does not need to be here...she has a decent job and says she isn't looking for fame...so what selfish motivations does she have to leave her kids? That's the question here that many are plagued with. Sure, she is an adult woman free to make her own choices...she made it and will have to live with it...her kids and husband have to live with it...and she'll have to deal with the consequences of it...whether good, bad or inconsequential. Many posters are just stating that given the same CHOICE they wouldn't leave their young kids...admirable. She'll have to live with the criticisms and judgements of the fans of BB...since obviously many have very strong opinions on her actions.

She may very well win the hearts of us who are critical and judgemental of her...and I for one am hoping she does. I've said before that aside from this I like her (so far.) We'll see once the feeds and show start...until then... :food-smiley-005:

nods... yep! His gf pays me to be his friend and tote him around everywhere. I only agreed after he lost the suspenders, sock pouch and headbrace.

bot: I don't believe Dan nor Libra will get the first boot. They know ( unlike Renny ) they have strong personalities and will hold back at first trying to look calm and level headed. Then blow it. I think Libra will trigger Dan.

even thou i find it hard to think she go on bb when just having twins

well it happens

i seen mothers back to work in less than two weeks if not days

only a few thing that would bother me about her is if she allows bb to constantly play up her political views or if she plays like jameka and tries to make bb a team sport

if she plays like dani bb 3 and keep her mouth shut that would be sweet

but i dont see it

Archived