Libra

Jem

i TRIED to leave my youngest (then 6 months old) 14 years ago for one night to go to a wedding in boston. i started crying hysterically as we were driving over the george washington bridge, and we had to come back home and take the kids with us. my stomach is clutching just remembering how i felt...so i don't know how she can leave four month old babies...but i'll try not to judge her for doing it. i don't think the prospect of any amount of money could have made me do what she's doing.

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Erika's ex left his little girl to go on BB.

Such sexist remarks, to say that, in general, fathers do not have a strong bond with their children. WTF??

Well as a parent of 4 grown children, there is no way I would have or could have left them at 4 months to go on a game show. That is an age where they are starting to really get a hold on the things and people around them, they are locking onto you as you come and go from the room, they are smiling and cooing at you, nope I could not do it, and I do down her for that. I am not sure I like her or dislike her at this point, but I do know that leaving the babies is already a strike against her in my book.

I am excited for Sunday so we can put mannerisms and voices to the pics we have seen. My vibe from just Libras pic is not so good,lol. It will be fun to see if any more hit me that way. so far Memphis is one that I think I will not be crazy about, don't know about Jerry or Renny.lol

Well from Brian's interview he doesn't like me!LOL I'm from Boston. Not a good way to make friends Brian!!!

Sorry I posted this in the wrong place.

I am not sure I like her or dislike her at this point, but I do know that leaving the babies is already a strike against her in my book.

Totally agree Fatcat. I couldn't leave my son when he was that young.. I still remember my first trip to the grocery store without him when he was about 2 months ago.. it was tough.. but now that he's 3 and incredibly onery (sp?).. well that's a whole different story lol

I think leaving them at say a teen age is different, or even 8 or 9 on, kids are a lot more able to understand a 3 mo leave if they were told the exact reasons why, even still there is always something missing when one of your parents is just not there, so, I find it a weird charactor flaw in Libra. I have read that the basics of a persons emotional being is formed in the first 2 years, and if you get good bonding and good basic ideas and foundations are formed in those first 2 years it is a solid thing for the years to come. My grown children all had that good foundation in the first 2 years, and I do believe they are better for that.

It's crazy to me for a mom of 4 month old twins to leave them. For the money???? Please. What are the odds of winning the money?jmo

The odds are 13-1. I have no problem with her leaving her kid. I'm a believer that you grab your opportunity whenever it comes around. I think I will dislike her for other reasons. I'll leave it at that for now.

well competent or not I find it weird that she could leave the babies, and 13-1, not so good odds when it is the game of BB, and not just a roll of the dice or something. I will also dislike her for other reason too, but for now I dislike her for leaving those kids,lol

her odds of winning bb is zero

Personally, I would find it difficult to impossible to leave my infant(s) with anyone (including my husband) at that age. That' just my maternal instinct...

But, if I look at it logically... there are situation that arise in many people's lives that may result in a mom being gone for a while. The important thing is that the baby bonds. Usually that's the mother but, it can be the father. As long as they are being LOVED, cared for and nurtured.

It doesn't seem like we're talking emotional scars for these children. Libra might have some emotional repercussions from this decision but, she has the right to do that, imo.

oh I agree with you on that Ceci, but I find it weird that she can leave them, I couldn't and I am or can be pretty liberal in my thinking, and if there are occasions that mom has to leave, like say the service or any other extenuating thing, I say well, make the best of it, but this is a game show, a reality thing, and not a good enough reason to up and leave the babies with the old man. Makes me wonder about her, about who she is, guess we will see soon enough.

Completely understand what you're saying Fatcat... and I do agree. I guess I'm just wanting to like her cause that smile of hers is contagious. :D

Libra is a beautiful girl with a beautiful smile and from her interview she seems like a nice person. (time will tell)

Yes I do judge her for leaving her 2 babies and toddler for 3 months. I don't understand how she doesn't have a mother's instinct to be a part of every second possible of her babies lives.

I just can't comprehend a mother making a choice to be on a reality show over nurturing her babies.

Money's most certainly the motivation. I mean can you seriously hear a mother stating she ditched her little children just for the experience? I'll need review if she mentions her husbands job? Maybe he's a lawnboy, doorman, dough tosser, or lab rat and they need the funds. Maybe the twist is they bring her kids into the BBH instead of pets. Ha!

Many mothers have to leave their children to go to work and that I can understand but not a reality show!!

What about mothers that leave thier children to serve our country? Do you all think they are bad mothers?

If it's voluntary and not in a time of war that requires long periods of absence... yes. But I'm not impressed with kids stuck in daycare 10 hrs a day either. JMO.

So the dad leaves the mom to stay at home and raise the kid is OK. But if the mom leaves the dad to stay home and rasie the kid, it's not ok??

I'm sorry francis. But I believe we are getting away from the Big Brother show. Perhaps you can find another forum or thread in another topic to pose that question.

It'll be interesting to see if Libra and Dan will try to get one another booted because they see each other as a threat, or just annoying.

edit: re-inserted my reply that i originally erased since it's still being talked about below my post.

I'm terrible at quoting but as far as moms who leave their children to serve...

Many times, YES.

If it's no choice, that's one thing. Not their fault and they're doing what they can to help their family. My husband and I (I'm ex military, husband is an army officer) OFTEN see others who make plenty yet their wives who are also active CHOOSE to re-enlist and/or have a child knowing they are going to iraq RIGHT afterwards, and quite frankly ...we think it's selfish. As a mother, I can't imagine ever leaving my child esp. as a newborn. Even more because of the length of time I must be gone as well as being the person most bonded to them. Again, I understand when the couple has no choice due to finances. We can make this a separate thread as I can go on and on about this. My views may be a little stronger because I am a stay at home mom, ...I don't know.

Archived