* Chima *

sparklet

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm confused ....when I saw Casey on BBAD he said he doesn't like racism, and was nervous to be called racist just because he conversed with Braden. he even said he loves his school which is 80% non-caucasian. What could he have said?

Chima's personality is what offends us all. Sometimes she's a princess, sometimes in-your-face ghetto and actually proud of it. If Chima was white, you wouldn't be defending her and probably wouldn't like her as much as you do. Chima deserves whatever comments follow for her actions.

I haven't heard any racist comments from Casey but I don't have the feeds and can only read the live updates.

Personality yeah it pretty much sucks!! Because of the princess attitude. I am not talking about that... yeah that is fair game. But talking about her big lips (black people have big lips) and calling her ghetto has cross the line...Not once have I seen her at ghetto. She is not from the ghetto...Yes she has a big in your face attitude but because she is black dont u call her ghetto... Now I like her not only because she is black, it is because she is mean and daring!!! She has that no holds back attitude...and because she is the only black girl there yes I am pulling for her because the odds are against her... EVERY year I have to defend the black players because there are alot of people who go beyond the normal comments... Each year I sick of the same o'l sht because they have nothing better to gripe about!!!

Chima has a bad attitude, she is definately mean...(Unpopulars at Hampton University VA.) She probably got her butt kick alot in school or she ran around with a crowd that always protected her...Because of her meaness. Jenelle was mean and I liked her too. (homeless comment) so lets not get it twisted

Here's what I find hysterical. The majourity of us are making fun of the HGs for what they look like (ie: Laura's boobs, Jessie's muscles, Ronnie's belly, Lydia...in general as it goes because she's just so completely whacked), but the moment someone makes a comment that appears to be racial, only then do people get offended. I can't help but laugh. It's the same sort of hypocricy that made me laugh with the whole Michael Jackson dying his skin and people freaking out thing. I don't get it, white people change their colour all the time to be darker, why can't a black person choose to be lighter? Why is it okay to make fun of someone's lips, @ss, boobs, obesity, muscle mass, thinness, body hair, baldness, teeth, look in general, but not their race?

I'll be honest, I had a hard time typing in that last part "but not their race" because I do think it's wrong to make fun of someone based on that. I guess that makes me a hypocrite... not I guess, I know it does. I'm a hypocrite. If you're someone who is pointing fingers at what others have said on this board, maybe you should also take a step back and see what you've participated in... what things made you laugh? Was any of it based on the things I've mentioned above? If so (and chances are they have), then maybe you're not so innocent either.

ETA: I deleted my last statement because I don't want to be rude. I'm trying to make others aware, not start a fight.

I am really shocked, this is week 2 and this stuff is starting already?? I seriously NEVER heard braden say anything but call Kevin a Beaner, not nice, but said in a heated moment, I have however heard a lot more come out of Chimas mouth that I would consider racist, and hateful. I also think it is unfair to say that ppl on this board think that all African Americans are Ghetto and all conduct themselves accordingly. I have benn comin here a lot over the years and I have never thought this group was racist in anyway, just sayin. I cannot stand Chima and it has nothin to do with her race.

Oh, and Elle, well said, I also can be a hypocrit when it comes to the stuff you are talkin about, yep I'm busted, but I am not a racist!!!!

I'm confused ....when I saw Casey on BBAD he said he doesn't like racism, and was nervous to be called racist just because he conversed with Braden. he even said he loves his school which is 80% non-caucasian. What could he have said?

LOL LOL you're so P. C. "non-caucasian". I think what he said was 80% black.

You seem to be basing your positive views for Chima based on the fact that she is black and we should have to like her for that.

Umm... no.

She is still a complete mouthy bitch who just so HAPPENS to be black.

The fact that she made such a big deal of the race card when she says sh*t about whites herself is what pisses people off about her.

According to her own words, if you support a racist, then you are a racist yourself.

You seem to support her a great deal.

NO!!! I am basing it on comments like ghetto and big lips!!! AND they are all mouthy...

I support because she is the only black person in the house... But you support Casey and Braden does that make you a racist too!!!

But talking about her big lips (black people have big lips) and calling her ghetto has cross the line...Not once have I seen her at ghetto.

Talking about her big lips is like talking about Laura's big boobs. Don't inject racism into it!

She got real ghetto on Michele. I live in the suburbs of a city with ghettos, and they way she acts, she fits right in. Seriously.

LOL LOL you're so P. C. "non-caucasian". I think what he said was 80% black.

LOL ! I still don't know what he said! When I saw him last he was so concerned people didn't think he was racist!

Next year I'm getting the feeds!

Even with BBAD and Morty's I miss things!

This will be my last statement on this subject.....Seems to me that a lot has been said about all of the houseguests... comments about their looks etc. it's just sad that because Chima is black, we are suddenly expected to censor ourselves or appear racist... and that just isn't the case... we are treating her the same way we would any other houseguest that we didn't like

I'll go rag on the other houseguests and continue to ignore Chima's existance

She prides herself on being a bitch and runnin the show. Her comments to Jeff during the comp, then her comment to Casey about if he wants to go home when picking the have-nots. Lastnight on BBAD she was rehashing everything she said and made sure people knew what she said, and meant it. No one is saying anything she isn't priding herself to be. If she wants to be known as the loud mouth botch then so be it. We all see it, and are allowed to talk a bout it. Why can't we comment on her lips? They are frikin huge and nasty. So are Lauras fake boobs. Hell, when she was lying on the couch lastnight they didn't even part, they looked like 2 basketballs on her chest, was nasty. Why is it OK for all the bashing on Ronnie? Because he's an asshole too! Color doesn't have a damn thing to do with it. Seriously, she is very easy to hate as is Ronnie, Natalie, Lydia, and Russ.

Saying she had big lips is not the problem, it was the way it was said and the content of how it was said...and last week someone made a comment about her wide nose...these are ethnic features...AND then when I come back today the first thing I see is this ghetto girl with the big vocabulary...Why does she have to be ghetto...Slamming on her ethnicity is what I had a problem with...

Now Chima is a bitch!!! she has a bad attitude... and she runs off with her mouth... she is rude and only thinks of herself... and somebody needs to punch her in her mouth ...or give her a true wake up call that she is not all that...

But too me she is funny...Because I cant believe some of the things that comes out of her mouth...I really do think she may have some brain damage because of the beatenings and surgeries..JUst Kidding but I am pulling for her because she is all we got to represent us...I know she is not going to make it and i would be surprise if she does... Now for her racist comments...She was wrong and you see how stupid she is to say those things on TV...that is why I said brain damage... I appologize for my earlier comment today...I wrote out of anger!!!!

Chima's actions are what make her a bitch and an unlikeable player. I chose this year to not automatically support a player because they are black. But some of the comments here seem to go beyond the pale. For me the things that go over the line is when people bring in statements about Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton, things that go beyond the game. In response to Chima's remarks about white people, some posters have said things about black people in general rather than Chima in particular and that I find hateful.

Just my humble observation and opinion

No it doesn't because I don't believe Chima's rant about what makes somebody a racist.

She does however believe it since she said it and you seem to as well.

No, that would be me.

Quite a while back I said something about her freaky looking lips and Sparklet called me a racist for it.

I didnt call you a racist..I educated you...Go back and find my response..

That's the chitty part about the internet and typing. A lot of things sound better in person then when you type them. Can come off wrong or worse then what is meant.

But too me she is funny...Because I cant believe some of the things that comes out of her mouth...I really do think she may have some brain damage because of the beatenings and surgeries..JUst Kidding but I am pulling for her because she is all we got to represent us...I know she is not going to make it and i would be surprise if she does... Now for her racist comments...She was wrong and you see how stupid she is to say those things on TV...that is why I said brain damage... I appologize for my earlier comment today...I wrote out of anger!!!!

She isn't all you have. You seem to be a lot kinder and have better manners than her. Why is there never any indians? I am half Cherokee and never see any damn engines on here!

I've had a break, I've also received an inbox message. So, to be clear not just for that poster, but for others who apparently feel the same way, I cannot stress enough that comments made about Chima haven't been racially motivated. Because Chima is so vile in her treatment of others in the house, posters here (for the most part) can't help but dislike her and lash out at her in any way possible. If she were fat, they'd be insulting her about that. If she was bald, they'd make fun of her for that. If she had big teeth like Laura, you better believe they'd be bringing that up and making jokes surrounding that. To be fair, much has been said about mostly all the HGs. I think Jeff is the only one who has been spared. When a guy on here calls Lydia a skank, b*tch, or ho, I don't think that he's being derogatory to all females. He just can't stand Lydia. I don't assume he hates women just because I'm a female reading those comments directed towards another female.

As for Chima's lips, so what, people have said they're big. Angelina Jolie also has big lips. Women pay oodles of dollars to have bigger lips. They're lips. Laura has big boobs. So does Pam Anderson. Women pay oodles of dollars to have bigger boobs. They're boobs. Ronnie has a big tummy. Kevin James also has a big tummy (but he's cute and likeable so it's okay).. for the most part, people don't want bigger tummies. But still, they're just tummies.

If you're someone who doesn't agree then you should be able to voice your opinon. By all means, please do. I've disagreed a lot in my time here on Mortys. I'm always prepared though for the response I'll get. It's okay to disagree, this is the place to do it. Let it all out. But at the end of the day, we're all entitled to feel as we do. If I am telling you that my comments weren't racially driven/directed, then they weren't. If you walk away believing they were, then that's your problem, not mine because I know who I am. I can't help if you're frustrated that you see things differently. In fact, I'm glad when you do because it makes me look at things in a different way. Like today.. I realized I was a hypocrite in being able to laugh at someone's looks and not their race. I'm not as innocent as I thought, and I needed that awareness.

Saying she had big lips is not the problem, it was the way it was said and the content of how it was said...and last week someone made a comment about her wide nose...these are ethnic features...AND then when I come back today the first thing I see is this ghetto girl with the big vocabulary...Why does she have to be ghetto...Slamming on her ethnicity is what I had a problem with...

Now Chima is a bitch!!! she has a bad attitude... and she runs off with her mouth... she is rude and only thinks of herself... and somebody needs to punch her in her mouth ...or give her a true wake up call that she is not all that...

Personally I don't think Chima is a racist since, as I said, I don't agree with her reasoning for what makes a racist.

I do think she has some issues with white people though but that hardly makes someone a racist.

Just like I think Braden, after living in Mexico has some issues with Mexican people, but no, not a racist.

I haven't heard Casey say anything but if he did, it is possible he could have some issues with other nationalities since he works in a multi-cultural school.

Yes, it is possible they all have some issues with other races but saying someone is an actual racist is too extreme when we've only known these people for 2 weeks.

And 'having issues' which make you say really stupid things and being racist are entirely different things.

That's the chitty part about the internet and typing. A lot of things sound better in person then when you type them. Can come off wrong or worse then what is meant.

She isn't all you have. You seem to be a lot kinder and have better manners than her. Why is there never any indians? I am half Cherokee and never see any damn engines on here!

:lol: I know I have cherokee blood too!!! That is BB and their casting LOL!

So you are saying that the only reason you find Chima's behavior "funny" is because she's the only black in the house? That seems strange to me. If the BB house was 50% black, 25% white and 25% other ethnicities, I'm sure you'd be able to find a better example to represent the black race.

Maybe my definition of ghetto is incorrect or different from yours. I always thought it meant someone who had little class and an in your face attitude. For that matter, Lydia acts very ghetto.

What's wrong with Kevin? He's half-black.

I'm white and have an issue with white trash. I wonder what that makes me??

Ugh, I grew up in the ghetto... I work in the ghetto...and I cannot stand that ghetto mentality or white trash people who are lazy, unmotivated, and sponge off the system. God help them that they "can't" work, but they can lay on their back with their legs spread and have children they can't afford or want for that matter. They're just extra money from welfare and baby bonuses.

Ya, you heard me. I'm white and I hate some white people. Bring it on!!!

ETA: Ghetto is the poor neighbourhoods that are more trashy and have more crime than your middle to upper class ones. If you're acting ghetto you;re acting as though you're bad @ss... wanna be cool but you're really not. Don't forget to add the chip on your shoulder for how "society" and the "government" has done you wrong..YOU wrong, even though you've had no problem freeloading off them.

Archived