I Am Boycotting BB9

sparklet

Yes King 123, I want to see Big Asians, Small Asians, Big Hispanics, Small Hispanics, Big people of African descent, small people of African descent. I want to see racial and cultural diversity.

You better believe I want to see more diversity. Your perspective and views are what keeps tv the way it is. You think Asian people on tv are boring and will bring down ratings. If you feel this way, don't watch Big Brother. Julie is Asian. So don't watch. Your stereotypical and disrespectful views are what keeps tv the same it is and the same it has always been for over 50 years. Disgusting.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, Julie's Husband runs CBS, she has say so.

jeffthedrunk, what ethnicity are you? Because it is important to other people. If you're not an ethnic minority, maybe you wouldn't care. Some would, but some wouldn't saying they just want good tv. I'm glad people do care about seeing more diverse racial minority.

Money talks. Julie's husband is the head of CBS, and he is where the money comes from, so he can make the changes necessary. But I hope Julie cares about this issue. I don't know, I wish she did. Maybe she is trying.

And if people will watch Julie Chen as host, why wouldn't they be willing to watch a more racially diverse group too? I think they would be willing to do that too.

Peace and love. :)

Sorry for being angry in my tone, it's just frustrating.

And I don't mean to sound so superficial and materialistic talking about Julie and her husband that heads CBS and that he can make the changes because of that.

Sorry.

bb has had a lot of diversity on this show.

i will admit though that the past few seasons have had a larg share of the models and actor

wannabes

but they have had a lot of diverse people

they have had asians/black men/black females/black gay males/gay men/lesbians/caucasian men and women/fat old white men/an amputee/big stupid white jocks/the barbie dolls/smart men and women/stupid men and women/tattood punk men and women/holy rollers/people who dont believe in god or jesus/

I think they really missed the boat with Sheila as the 46 yr old mom, she has a spoiled brat attitude, I would rather watch the younger ones who seem to be more open to anything than a 46 yr old who is so holier than thou on who she got hooked up with, she will give Milf's around the world a bad name,lol. B)

I would rather watch the younger ones who seem to be more open to anything than a 46 yr old who is so holier than thou on who she got hooked up with, she will give Milf's around the world a bad name,lol. cool.gif

:marie: I agree with you girl! I being a person over 45....I'd rather see younger HGs than a b!t*hy older HG! :lookaround:

:pixiedust:

I am also older than 46, waaay past milfdom, but I would never had acted like that, not until I found out who he really is,lol :)

GO Skinny Albino Midgets in their 50's who have extra toes!

OR

To be politically correct GO Petite Pigment Challenged Little People who are mature and have extra digits!

I personally think that BB has done a pretty good job of trying to throw some diversity in each year, but I definately think they could do more. Part of the problem though, is exactly like the title of this thread. The more diverse they cast, the more chance that someone in the viewing audience is going to be offended by something one of the HG's says or does and all hells gonna break loose with boycotts and civil rights groups sticking their noses in. Look at what happened when Survivor did a totally mixed show. The media and civil rights groups did everything they could to threaten and scare advertisers away and even tried to get the show yanked from the airwaves. And Survivor is taped and on once a week.

BB is 24/7 and 7 nights a week on ShoToo. We saw the problems when Kaysar and Eric and Ivette got into it and a huge part of fallout from that for the rest of the season was because it involved people of different ethnic backgrounds. There was some pretty hateful stuff tossed around both on these boards and in the media.

Right or wrong, it seems they are playing it as safe as possible. Unfortunately, you can't afford to offend anyone these days.

Can you imagine a show like "All in the Family" making it to the airwaves in this day and age?

Dep

I wish I had your will power Sparky, but I totally agree with you. One year (half year) Big Brother is going to be like that Real World skit fro the Dave Chapelle show...and I will definately buy the live feeds then.

...you stabbed my dad... :hahohi:

I'm shallow when it comes to reality TV.. I want to see pretty people with attitude...

We have a bunch of serialized shows with tons of diversity..

Just look at the Law & Order cast as an example..

Give me pretty people of all ethnicities.

So in conclusion Go.. Chelsia ... :food-smiley-005:

idol is the most fair show in terms of diversity

The more people say "We need more minorities" makes it seem like they have to be given an x amount of slots. 1 colored person this season, there was 1 every season except for AS when they had 2. its nothing new, you need to think of all the applicants, who are cut out for it and i doubt they are like, who wants to be our black dude? it just happens this way. (This is a quote from Snipa)

I would like to thank the people who are supporting me and my decision. I saw I had several responses from my personal emails from morty... Thanks morty... I understand some people's view points that do not agree with my decsion. Every year bb has had either 1 or 2miorities out of 14 or more..I know more than 2 know how to play this game.... It is stating to me that bb believes that minorities do not bring in ratings or we are not smart of enough to play the game...this is a sore spot with me and I cant turn a blind eye to it anymore...I dont care how good it is...it is just my principle now...I have other reality shows to get me by...BB just is not one of them anymore. This post was not ment to offend anyone, I'm just posting my personal opinion because this was burning me up inside and I just had to get it off my chest. If you dont share my view point that is ok I still luv ya.

Now Snipa....Ignorance is not Bliss but just plain sad .... (colored?)

It just seems like the entire cast are clones of themselves, like Barbie and Ken dolls with different hair and clothes. No Asians? No Hispanics? Parker is the only one who isn't white and there's no counterpart to him.

I really hate political correctness, but do you mean to tell me everyone who applied was caucasian? I find that hard to beleive.

been complain about this for years

wasnt even worth me starting a thread this season

because it fall on deaf ears

it is now more political correct to cast 3+ gay guys

Archived