I Am Boycotting BB9

sparklet

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Parker looks half Asian to me. Mulatto perhaps? He certainly doesn't look 100 % black. I agree, we need some diversity.

Plus...

I just was over on the CBS site looking at pictures of HGs from seasons past.

Remember in season 1 and 2 there was such a variety of people in the house, All age groups and back grounds.

It seems now they have to be white and in their 20s with questionable morals, and then they toss in a token 'old' person (if you define 40 something as 'old') and a token person of a race other than white.

So we're left with a token minority and one 'older' person amongst a cast of white 20 somethings with loose legs.

I really would like to see a vast variety of age groups and people.

OP said "Thank you for understanding Katydidit. I cant support it anymore. But catch me on the survivor threads...I havent type anything because it just started."

There was a story in Entertainment Weekly about how all the members of the "fans" team didnt rep any minorities...

It's kind of sad when people force things down everyone else's throats like the perfect percentage of blacks, whites, gays, hispanics, chinese, hermaphrodites, ducks, pugs, french pressed coffees and tomato plants for each and every tv show. Live and let live and quit hanging your unreasonable expectations on all the good tv shows.

Good for you Sparklet! I know exactly how you feel. I would love to see more people of color on my favorite shows as well. So to all of those who don't agree and always seem to say "just get over it" to a valid point of view maybe they should consider doing the same and respect others personal feelings and opinions.

I would like to see more fat people on the show.

I think there are way more fat people watching than those of different ethnicities.

Seriously though, I think I'd rather just see REAL people. Don't need a quota, don't need certain personality types. Just 14-16 DIFFERENT people who don't know a thing about any other person in the house. No relations, nothing. That would make for an enjoyable season.

Ok let me start with something....if you do not read this first bold sentence please do not read the rest of my post.

I AM NOT AGREEING WITH CASTING ONE RACE

If you have read and understand that, then let me say this...

Saying you are going to boycott is just. Getting others on board is great too. The problem is, it isn't going to make a huge difference until millions start doing it. I agree with all you are saying and it would be really nice to see some different aces and creeds and such. I myself am a pagan and have yet to see anyone other than christians or catholics there. The thing is, if several milion Americans are watching it all day, those are the people who need to be knocked around but chances are it is gona continue like this for a long time. IMO I love the show and no I don't consder myself either racist or a race warrior. I am entertained by it but in the end I hope someone like you does change the world someday. I think it's futile to try and boycott through here but I salute you for it and hope more do the same on a larger scale

Good luck to you

-Kyo

:lol: @ i knew that was coming

I really do want to assure people know what I meant...This isn't a race war...I ust hear this alot but I think the American people run TV because they are the statistic that drives it all....wlel i best shut up before I become an enemy :-p

seriously though...that bold sentence is what I meant....

-Kyo

are you this year board trouble maker?

i gotta keep my eye on you

keeps report buttton within left click

:lol:

I love people here I really do...don't want to jeapordize anything...though I should stay on topic

I mean if ya wanna know my honest opinion it doesn't seem like any reality show caters to anything other than caucasian...although I suppose Survivor was a bit better

-Kyo

idol caters a bit to minorities

I want to know why they all had to be so YOUNG this year :animated_scratchchin:

I really liked the mix of older and younger people :animated_bouncy:

I agree about minorities.........no reason they couldn't have made the cast more diverse.

IMO--Casting Sheila with this group is really weird :animated_shocking:

Beginning to think I'll boycott BB9 also, but for a different reason--it's turned into MTV's Real World. It's been leaning that way for a year or two, but with this young cast, I can see everyone hooking up by the end of the month, and that will complete the transformation.

And Amanda is Janelle in disguise, right?

This season is so BORING :sleep1: I hope when summer hits they have normal people on the show. I am not interested in watching a bunch of 20 year olds have sex in the house. They need to have more normal average people on this show that are not 20 years old. I didn't bother with the feeds for this season either.

Archived