I Am Boycotting BB9

sparklet

Well I am not watching BB this year... I am tired of the lack of minority representation. Every year I have complain to BB and every year there is still lack of representation...well I am fed up. This year I will continue watching survivor but BB is not in my viewing vocabulary anymore... I am not leaving morty just bb so to my friends I will still ...occasionally keep in contact like I have been doing.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gee, Sparklet, the Morty's clan could miss you big time.

I can understand your point, but I do think BB has made the effort.

It's difficult to find people, let alone Minority Members, with the hard shells and gusto to hang inside this microcosm. We've had a few great MMs and I give BB credit for finding them.

Certainly OK if you disagree, but let me add that I think this season will feature Parker holding up his side of life. Besides, I'm really WAY past watching these shows in black and white.

The more people say "We need more minorities" makes it seem like they have to be given an x amount of slots. 1 colored person this season, there was 1 every season except for AS when they had 2. its nothing new, you need to think of all the applicants, who are cut out for it and i doubt they are like, who wants to be our black dude? it just happens this way.

its not even worth complaining for me this year

allison has her formaula which is 2 gay guys, 1 minority, 1 chick with a baby voice, 1 mtv reject vetc....

parker is imho mixed

lol i mean they go out of their way to cast these babies holly, jess and now amanda

i am sure that bb has just as hard of a time as survivor does

survivor has an extremely hard time with their ethnicity edition

they were pulling people off the street to audition, using myspace and other networking sites

bb probably likes to stick with the applications because people applying understand

what they are getting themselves into. whereas people off the street might not understand

If you look at the proportions of minorities in the US population, I would say that their has been a higher amount on BB.

There are less of them, so you'll see them less often on the show.

I don't see why this is a major issue.

Again this season, there's a lack of Racial diversity. It seems that since Allison has took over, there has been less diversity in racial diversity. Arnold Shapiro seemed to allow more racial diversity.

Being that Julie is Asian, I wish she would step up and force more of a racially diverse group. I know if it's not in her, she can't be forced to. I bet if Oprah hosted this show, she would insist on a more culturally diverse and racially diverse group. I wish Julie would. But I can't force her.

I also wish Robin Kass would insist on more of a racially diverse group since she is the casting person. But it's very disappointing.

I'll watch, but who knows how long I can keep watching. It's very frustrating. I've seen all the seasons, and it seems the past 2 seasons there is less diversity.

I don't know how this can be changed? What can be done? I don't know. Something should be done and has to be done.

Gingersnaps, regardless of age, most of the Houseguests are "annoying" after a while. I think alot of people just get annoyed at seeing older people that's why they talk of this. Maybe you'd prefer to see a younger crowd. That's cool To each his or her own. I'd rather see a diverse crowd, age, race, and other aspects and characteristics. I don't want to like a person based on age. I'd prefer whether they be younger or older, that I like the person.

Also Gingersnaps, you rarely see a 40 something. There's only usually 1 or 2 40 year old or older. So the fact that you focus on an older group to complain, shows me you obviously prefer a younger crowd. I mean out of all the people, you think the 40 year or older are annoying? You don't find the others the same?

So I respect your views, but don't agree with everything.

Peace.

lol the cast director is black smh

only more diversity i see bb getting is three gay guys instead of two

Juliey has no say so.. HA..

And do yall really want to see a house full of a bunch of Obese Asians?

(Im not saying anything bad about being Big, or Asian.. BUT im guessing if there wasnt Eye Candy in the house, the ratings would drop)

I wouldnt care either way (Though, i do enjoy the Eye Candy! :D)

Archived