Dan - Week 6

CeCiMom

I never lost any sleep over the mantis thing, but it did show me that Dan is a tad bit mindless and childish and especially when people gave him a hard time about it he gave a really stupid statement as to why it was nothing that he did that. I have a terrible fear of Spiders, and inside I smash them to smitherines, outside?? I don't know, as long as they stay away from me ,fine.

I am not totally against him but I do not like the Memphis / Dan duo. I wish Dan would just be by himself or with someone else, but then that whole house is sorta not my cup of tea, this season has sort of bored me, sorry, just the way it has played out I guess. Also I wish he would quit acting like he has masterminded his whole exsistance there, it has been pure luck, this guy is just so clueless when it comes to life!!!!

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not going to hold the mantis incident against him, personally. I'll put up with someone killing a bug (quite possibly by accident in this case) if he's shown himself to be basically a nice guy. And I also see Dan as someone who sincerely accepts an apology (whether or not the apology itself was sincere). I'd have a bigger issue with a person who would never think of harming an insect, but has no problem tearing down another human being. Dan has his quirks, but he's okay.

I don't think anyone who chooses to go on Big Brother is going to be 100% a saint! Not saying that those of us who choose to NOT go on are either, but still.... :angel_not:

I've killed bugs, but as quickly as possible, before they knew what hit em. there is no reason to torture any creature to death. I wouldn't want to have someone put glass over me and have me burn to death slowly. Praying mantisis are really good for the environment too so it's too bad. it wasn't to bright of a teacher to do this.

I can't stand the way Renny talks to Dan. Irritates me to no end!!! <_<

LOL, Elys............I never thought of that!

This is beginning to remind me of the time that one of my brother's got a new cowboy shirt and refused to take it off for weeks.............finally, one night, my Dad literally had to pull it off him. I thought it was a mean thing to do at the time.............but, now, I realize the frustration because, if I could, I would rip the shirt & trunks off Dan through the screen. :frusty::pixiedust:

I like Dan...I really want ... to rip those swim trunks off of him ....

oh...do you now!?! :giggle:

Well above it is being talked about more or less the hypocrocy of say not killing a bug but doing something else underhanded, I was not exactly saying by the act of Dan killing that bug he is a serial killer, I just said it showed a side to him that we had not seen yet. I think it was a mindless act, and something I would expect a child to do, and hopefully not on purpose, because baking the poor thing in a glass is cruel, and also to me very telling about ol Dan is when some of the houseguests confronted him about what he did to the mantis he made an excuse saying that all creatures , bugs etc are put here on earth for us to look at and study, I find that completely lame, and that one small act and what he said to defend it gives me some insight into Dan, and I do not necessarily like what that shows me, now, he can redeem himself, but that whole thing makes me wonder just a tad.

I never lost any sleep over the mantis thing, but it did show me that Dan is a tad bit mindless and childish and especially when people gave him a hard time about it he gave a really stupid statement as to why it was nothing that he did that

I agree. Dan is the typical ballbreaker. He gets bored and annoys people and I think that is childish.

I feel kind of bad for Dan having only 2 outfits there.

Wash one and wear one. Keeps him busy and out of trouble. lol

someone to rip those swim trunks off of him and burn them with the St. Mary's shirt

What BB season was that that one of the comps was to burn articles belonging to other hgs??? I can picture it, but can't remember which one???? Someone lost a pink.......

(having what some would call senior moment,,I call it a brain fart!)

It was S5 with Drew/Diane. Diane burned his "fav" shirt (which just happened to be his ex-gf) ... cause it was old and raggedy. :lol:

both beautiful girls...they could pass for sisters. It's rather creepy how similar they look.

What BB season was that that one of the comps was to burn articles belonging to other hgs??? I can picture it, but can't remember which one???? Someone lost a pink.......

It was season four. The Fashion Fire Pit where they got to burn one another's clothes. Don't you remember that dreaded pink hat Erika wore all the time? They were all tickled to death to burn it! rofl After that they all got new clothes. :)

I really hope dan goes far, and hopefully wins. He's made so many good moves and is working this house.

And the burning clothes was Big brother 4, and big brother 5.

I know BB3 had a shopping spree thing because I remember Danielle's black dress she got and always wore lol, but no burning clothes in BB3.

Archived