Final H O H Competition (part 3)

yadayadayada

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thursday's live show..

I think it will be a toss up... the questions will be something really lame like which jury member said, "mmmhhmmm" or which jury member said, "Oh, I just love Eric, he's so cute."

So I think it could go both ways...

Dick did manage to guess his way into the FF HOH

Him and Dani are drilling the wrong things. they are going over personal info like family members and jobs. I hope that throws the dick off

It doesn't really matter. The questions in the final are always True/False answers to statements that the HGs have made AFTER they entered the jury house.

For example: They will say "Dustin says that his worst experience in the BB house was being HOH".... True or False?

then they will show a clip of Dustin, saying either that statement or something different.

Studying won't help anything at this point.

I posted this in the Zach thread (since the final comp was being discussed there), but thought I'd re-post it here for further discussion on the how the final competitions play out (for this and previous years).

This is my first season watching bb, and I'm kind of surprised that the final hoh comp isn't the most difficult. I expected it to be. I know the all-stars had questions for the last comp (saw the video - talk about quick and easy-peasy), but were ALL the bb's comp #3 just questions in the previous years before All-Stars?

It seems to me, the most important is the third comp. They should switch comp #2 with comp #3. It appears, from videos I've watched of past years, that comp #1 is about endurance, comp #2 is both physical and mental, and then (based on only seeing last years comp 3), the last is just questions that have a 50/50 chance of being answered correctly. zzzzzzzzzz (maybe that's why I haven't seen any videos of the final comps (#3) from previous years anywhere - it's too boring to bother).

IMO, the first should be endurance (strongest likely to win), the second, questions (most knowledgable of other hgs most likely to win), and the third should be a mix of both body and mind (endurance and knowledge in the mix).

That way, you have the physical winner (comp 1) playing against the mental winner (comp 2) for the final, and most important of the three competitions.

You know, upon thinking about this a bit I'm GLAD part 3 of the HoH is a tossup and random. Why?

The challenge was getting to part 3 by winning part 1 or part 2. Part 3 should NOT favor one or the other. For instance, if it were physical it would probably favor Zach. If it were mental about houseguests it would probably favor Dick. Thus, since it is the LAST HoH, it shouldn't show favoritism.

Think about it. In Survivor the final challenges are usually a MIX of mental and physical in the same challenge and the FINAL challenge is always endurance that ANYONE can do, like standing on a log. Mind over matter.

So I'm GLAD part 3 is pretty random and a tossup since neither Dick nor Zach will have an advantage.

I'm sure Dick fans would be miffed if it was endurance and I'm sure Zach fans would be miffed if it was straight up questions about houseguests personal lives. Either one would show a preference and that's something we don't need for this final part.

At least this way no one can say "fixed!"

some one asked about the ODDS and mentioned Vegas takes bets on about anything. Well these are the most recent that I found:

Here are the latest Big Brother odds for the remaining contestants in Season 8:

Zach Swerdzewski - 3/2

Daniele Donato - 5/6

Dick Donato - 3/1

it has to be a question round b/c endurance could last too long

It's all just a matter of proper scheduling for the television shows. And it doesn't have to be a 'who can last the longest' endurance in comp 3 -- as long as there are physical elements within it. Comp #2 last year was both physical and mental, but wasn't a 'who can last the longest' challenge by any means. There are so many ways to add physical challenges without having it drag out for hours.

some one asked about the ODDS and mentioned Vegas takes bets on about anything. Well these are the most recent that I found:

Zach Swerdzewski - 3/2

Daniele Donato - 5/6

Dick Donato - 3/1

Yea I did good ole Vegas ,Thanks

Zach Swerdzewski - 3/2

Daniele Donato - 5/6

Dick Donato - 3/1

Can someone translate that for me. I don't watch sports or bet on things so I don't know what those odds mean. :wacko:

So I'm GLAD part 3 is pretty random and a tossup since neither Dick nor Zach will have an advantage.

This relates to one of my questions in my earlier post. Is comp #3 a toss up, where it could go either way (or both) -- or has it always been the quicky-question round with a choice of A or B in the past ? How was it played in years previous to last year?

Archived