Is BB fixed/manipulated?

SovFan10

It was opened before nominations. From the updates:

Posted 26 August 2011 - 04:58 PM

4:57 PM BBT

It was a Pandora's box. Porsche explains it had a champagne bottle and briefcase on it. She won 5k. Adam says "Well we still have the nomination ceremony right?"

Posted 26 August 2011 - 08:00 PM

8:00 PM BBT

"Like I said, just because you're nominated doesn't mean your done." Jordan says to Rachel "You've still got veto."

Looks like Jordan/Rachel are nominated.

Correct. The pairs were also chosen during the Pandora's Box. Porsche knew the implications of what she was doing when she nominated Rachel/Jordan.

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess I misunderstood when I read this:

4:48PM BBT: The feeds are back. Something's up! "We wanted the two of them on the block. The two of them are on the block." Porsche says. Rachel and Jordan are really happy. There was a Pandora's Box, and there's a new twist, Rachel and Jordan have a chance of both remaining in the game this week, it sounds like it's dependant on them winning PoV. "We will be playing the veto in duos. If one person wins, we both win." I heard Rachel ask if Porsche won money. Porsche says she won $5,000 from Pandora's Box.

It appeared Porche was saying that they are on the block.

She was referring to being able to put the two of them on the block together, not them being nominated. Everyone in the house knew Porsche was going to nom Rach/Jor from the minute she won HOH.

I watched the feeds (and wrote the above I think) and had trouble remembering which came first! I could've sworn it was the other way round too.

Looks like he's busy elsewhere:

by Lynn Hoppes

8/5/11

Mama won't be happy.

But Jessie Godderz -- Mr. Pec-Tacular from CBS' "Big Brother" -- is heading to TNA Wrestling this fall as an arrogant musclehead.

Godderz, who starred as the loudmouth bodybuilder on Seasons 10 and 11 of the CBS show, recently signed a developmental deal with the hopes of debuting before the end of the year.

"My mom hates that I'm likely going in as a bad guy, but I told her that I might be good later!" said Godderz, who is 5-foot-9 and 200 pounds. "Now, my girlfriend

BB is a social experiment. The sooner people learn that the "experiment" is on the viewers and not the HG's, the less frustration there will be amongst the masses.

I would like it better if BB admitted this. Let us see the DR sessions. Let us know ahead of time that they are going to screw with the game. But they dont. Why not show Rachel and Jordon begging production for a special power to help them out then producing it?

It was opened before nominations.

Yeah, definitely before.

I remember because when Porche went into the HoH room I thought it was her first time and she wasn't asking "Who wants to see my HoH room?"

I think this was the first time they ever skipped that part where she would have gotten to show the room to everyone and everyone would have pretended to care.

I assume they showed it on the live feeds though, didn't they?

I've watched for years and it was quite some time ago that I realized the production staff were making "suggestions" to the HG during DR sessions. I often wonder if that is how Nicomus came up with the five finger plan. I think the thing that annoyed me most this year is when two of the production crew threatened to quit if Danielle was evicted (and the HG's (or at least some of them) were aware of it! That was just going to far! Fixed no ~ manipulated for sure!

Dani said that two from production would quit for her but who in their right minds would give up a good job for her because she got voted out? I think Dani was blowing smoke trying to get the others to believe she had some special pull with production. She might have friends behind the walls but I don't believe anyone said they would quit for her.

I've watched for years and it was quite some time ago that I realized the production staff were making "suggestions" to the HG during DR sessions. I often wonder if that is how Nicomus came up with the five finger plan. I think the thing that annoyed me most this year is when two of the production crew threatened to quit if Danielle was evicted (and the HG's (or at least some of them) were aware of it! That was just going to far! Fixed no ~ manipulated for sure!

Dani is a liar. Nobody quit because of her. I doubt they even thought of it for a second in this economy. The stock market was taking at the time!

Jesse is funny and is only playing a character, as he clearly says through the entire interview. He can laugh at himself and often does. I was rooting against him in BB11 but I will liked him in his first season. :animated_bouncy:

Is BB fixed/manipulated?

Yes

Positively

Undoubtedly

Some seasons it is fixed toward people I am rooting for and some seasons it is towards others. But, yes, it is unquestionably manipulated.

It's just part of what the show is.

Guest Corky812

"a social experiment"??????... really people, what are you thinking??? It was a social experiment until about BB3...maybe!!!

Do you really think and/or actually BELIEVE if Porsche had a choice and could have said "no, I don't think I will open Pandora's box" that would have been ok with production? It would have screwed up their whole agenda...not to mention explaining to Tori Spelling and Grodner's "pool boy" Jessie..."gee, sorry, they didn't open the box...guess ya gotta go home now".

This is a scripted, rigged, and manipulated show and that's the whole 3 months of it! This year I suspect it's Rachel for the win!

This is a scripted, rigged, and manipulated show and that's the whole 3 months of it! This year I suspect it's Rachel for the win!

Wow the conspiracy theories just keep getting crazier. First people say the show is manipulated, which is absolutely true. Then people go on to say it is fixed, which is pretty outrageous. Now you are saying it is scripted? In that case, I have much respect for these genious actors who were able to memorize 3 straight months of dialogue and never get a second take on their SCENES!

Manipulated? Yes, on occasion. Such as BB realizing they were perilously close to having an Adam, Kalia, Porsche, Shelly final four. It's still a TV show and BB will try and change the flow if they see the season going in a bad direction. Porsche did have a choice about opening Pandora's Box even if BB was in fact pressuring her.

Rigged/scripted? No way. If BB was rigged or scripted we'd get a 'good'(in other words popular) winner every season, say with Janelle winning BB6. And they never would have allowed Jeff or Dani to be evicted back to back leaving so many less exciting people in the house. I do think they favor certain people. Even Jeff Probst has been known to have his favorites. "Boston Rob is literally carrying his family on his back..."

I do agree with the person above who said BB should just admit to the manipulation they do. Just about everybody knows about it already. At least I think they do. It's hard to say what the casual BB viewer thinks when things like Porsche's Pandora's Box happen.

Manipulated? Yes, on occasion. Such as BB realizing they were perilously close to having an Adam, Kalia, Porsche, Shelly final four. It's still a TV show and BB will try and change the flow if they see the season going in a bad direction. Porsche did have a choice about opening Pandora's Box even if BB was in fact pressuring her.

Rigged/scripted? No way. If BB was rigged or scripted we'd get a 'good'(in other words popular) winner every season, say with Janelle winning BB6. And they never would have allowed Jeff or Dani to be evicted back to back leaving so many less exciting people in the house. I do think they favor certain people. Even Jeff Probst has been known to have his favorites. "Boston Rob is literally carrying his family on his back..."

I do agree with the person above who said BB should just admit to the manipulation they do. Just about everybody knows about it already. At least I think they do. It's hard to say what the casual BB viewer thinks when things like Porsche's Pandora's Box happen.

Good Post Outlast! I agree.

Good Post Outlast! I agree.

It comes down to ratings and ads, if they see the show going downhill they place things in the way that might change the game if the decision by the HG does so. So basically they push it in a direction they HOPE it might go and if it does television ratings go up.

Well said!

Don't underestimate the stupidity of the average viewer. Then realize that half the viewers are even dumber than that!

CBS gets away with manipulating these "reality" shows, because people are naive. At least BB has feeds and boards like these, so that we know most of what is really going on. Compare BB to Survivor, and the manipulation on BB looks tame in comparison. I stopped watching Survivor, because it's just too rigged.

That said, I prefer a bit of manipulation to none at all. No manipulation often results in boring shows. CBS needs to keep interesting players and conflicts in the game, to make a good show.

Kalia gets the win on the Morph. Dani did Jedi training on her how to win that one.

Marty/Anyone: Do you remember the strategy that Dani shared to win the morph game? I would love to know in case it ever comes up in life :)

Archived