Luxury Competition

JAS

Well, the luxury comp is over. Dan won it and fibbed to the HG's about some of what transpired. We don't know what he and Michelle talked about. I.E., did she promise him not to tell where or with whom she spent the time or did BB tell her to keep mum about it all.....Did he promise her something for her vote and is that BB kosher - to offer a cash value prize for a vote. I dunno. All I know is that it is done and I know little about it and what I do know makes me wonder why it took place in the first place.

Dan won luxury comp and all he got was a visit with Michelle? I'm glad I missed all the fun.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you might as well crown dan winner of bb 10 then

if he is against memphis

jmho

That was a nice set up for Dan. Dan back doors Michelle wins luxury comp and gets to take Michelle with him so he can talk to her before she gets to vote and can kiss her ass for her vote. The other hg's don't get to talk to none of the jury before hand and in private. Nice going BB Dan must be the fav this season.

All of the HGs had the opportunity to do the same thing... just like Boogie won that competition for a special power (the coup d'etat) during All Stars. It would have allowed him to veto the HOH's nominations for three weeks and put two people up instead. He didn't use it because he didn't need it, but they HAVE put special powers in competitions before. All of the houseguests had an opportunity to win the comp. As a matter of fact, all of them knew that certain clues would be covered up to narrow the clues down to help the houseguests, but Jerry didn't wait long enough and blew all of his guesses too fast. Keesha even pinpointed the two clues and still got it wrong. They both made 3 guesses BEFORE Dan made his one guess. I mean really... it could have been anybody with that "game changing" surprise. But it could have (and still might) backfire on Dan. There is a huge risk that people in the jury will be upset that Dan didn't pick them for the luxury prize. You just don't know if it was a blessing or a curse.

Aw come on now with the favorite card - please! All the HGs were out there together looking at the clues. Jerry, in an effort to beat everyone else, used up his guesses first before everything was covered up. Dan, I've noticed, has patience. Probably comes from being a teacher, not sure. He doesn't get froggy and jump to conclusions. Keesha and Memphis were clueless, quite literally. And this competition has been advertised as being one that could "change" the game, even Jerry commented on that. It's not like the rules are made up after Dan wins the comps. The rules would have been the same for any of the other three. However, I doubt very seriously if any of those 3 would have had the insight to invite a jury member (with the exception of possible Keesha who might invite Renny). They'd need to take the whole jury on a paid vacation in Hawaii to get votes. And tell me truthfully, would you spend a whole day alone with Jerry on a private beach? :animated_shocking::giggle:

Initially, I said that it could have been anyone on the luxe comp taking anyone and that is true. I also said I felt it to be unfair no matter who won that they could take someone from the jury house. I still feel that it was a dumb BB move to allow that and totally unfair. It doesn't take a member of MENSA to be aware that people favor some HG's over another. Had Memphis won and taken say....April; I think some people might view it differently. I am in no way discounting Dan for being clever enough to use the opportunity. Go Dan. We don't know that another HG might have done/not done the same.

IMO

I think it was completely fair... the BB crew said "It could change the game" and the 'mystery word' was Bury The Hatchet so therefore the winner of the luxury comp had the opportunity to make ammends with someone... who would they need to make ammends with? Someone in the jury house who has already been evicted and quite assuredly holds a grudge. Dan played that comp incredibly smart and played exactally they way it was meant to be played.

Dan made one guess, the right guess, it was not that hard a puzzle, but it does make me ponder , it really does, I do not think the game is like fixed, but the last 2 seasons I see more and more manipulation towards certain people.

yes, that is where Dans overthinking things worked for him

Misha wrote

"Lets go grab a beer while we work on our renegade clothing line."

Yeah.....coming to a Walmart near you...

Memphis right now doesn't care since he thinks they are sharing the money...the Q&A should be interesting this year if its brought up....If anyone brings it up it will probably be Keesha once she's indoctrinated by all the Dan haters in the jury house....

I didn't even know that was a known fact. Did they ever talk about sharing the money?? There is no way in hell they are going to be able to do that. Memphis is delusional IMO, plus its not going to happen when 1. family, 2. Their contract, 3. IRS are involved. Plus, when all is said and done, and life resumes to norm again it will be interesting to see what happens. ]

Regardless, Keesha will go and push for the better game player. She thinks Memphis floated thru this game up until the end when most HG were gone, and thinks Dan deserves it. She even mentioned to Gretchen on House calls that she was pretty certain that Dan was in on her eviction, but is giving him props for staying with her and dealing with the fallout. Plus, she thinks overall, he has been the best. She will push to get people to see her POV, I am sure of it.

Archived