Luxury Competition

JAS

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well don't blame Dan for the luxury comp. They all had a chance to win. It was a lame trip but whoever won has the chance to have major conversations about the jury house and how everyone is thinking. Michelle could have given Dan a lot of good information.

Dan tried for a moment to have a conversation with Mempis about his decision about who to send home. Dan said that he doesn't know what Jerry is up to with his pain in his neck. Dan was calling Jerry out that sometimes he says it is stinging and sometimes a pinch and he is not sure if it really is a pain. They were going to discuss it but Jerry walked out. I am thinking that Dan is going to work Mempis some more to try to keep Keehsa. Maybe Michelle told Dan that Jerry might get the votes in the final2.

Who knows.

edited to change I meant to say try to keep Keesha and not Jerry.

Wrigley owns Catalina Island (or they used to) I have been there many times.

Marty, too bad you couldn't have known just 24 hours earlier, although I'd guess Catalina Island is a pretty big place! Is Michelle going to be sworn to secrecy too? Because as soon as she tells Ollie, April, Libra, et. al., they are just going to be bashing Dan even more. Even if Keesha stays, Marty, I would prefer Dan to win. When Memphis votes Keesha out, I hope Dan can at least mouth "I had no idea!!!" Sort of like Adam did to Nat when she left!

I am interested in what Memhis and and Dan talk about tonight when they get a chance. Maybe he can get Memphis to keep Keesha for the finals. She is not good at discomfort physical comps and not very bright at questions. It would just be a better ending.

Marty: Either Memphis or Dan can beat Keesha in an endurance comp. What I don't like about their gameplay right now is Jerry is getting a free ticket to F3. Wish Dan had taken Jerry on trip, then Memphis might get paranoid that Jerry has F2 deal with Dan (which he doesn't) and put a big target on Jerry's back. It's a shame if Memphis causes Dan to lose out on F2. Dan has been best player.

Len--it would have been great if Dan had taken Jerry but Dan had to choose who to take before pov was played so he didn't know Memphis was going to change tracks and want to vote out Keesha. :( I too would hate to see Dan knocked out of F2 because of Memphis' move this week.

The chance to sit down with a jury member for a few hours and explain what you've done and why. I don't think it was too bad of a prize, I'd take that over a movie and popcorn like they usually get this time around. That talk with Michelle may just win Dan $500,000. ;)

or ... Michelle could think Dan was a PUTZ to invite her... and laughed up her sleeve that he thought

inviting her would actually change how she would vote (she's NOT a deep thinker folks)

Probably just enjoyed being away from Libra for a few hours :P

I do not think Michelle will change her vote, and who knows if she went anyway, maybe she did, just to see what was up, but I think Michelle is a pretty stubborn girl, and may not change her mind. I wish they would just leave the game alone.

Last night I did not hear Memphis and Dan talking at all about much, least of all if Keesha was goin or stayin, maybe I missed someting, I was half awake,lol I really dislike the memphis Dan duo, because I hate memphis, and I am very unsure about Dan, there are many things I do not like about him and his personality quirks, that is the best I can describe them as quirks, he is strange, to me anyway.

who knows if it is dan vs memphis he may get michelle vote

memphis did vote her out after they had a deal to look out for each other

jmho

O My Lands:

I'm learning what the luxury comp RULES were for the first time now.

It would have helped when I was trying to figure it out. (All I had to go by was a soundless yootoob sweep of the yard so I didn't even see all of the clues clearly.)

Ah well. (I love conundra.)

Ok... I just HAVE to say it.

Now that I've actually seen the lux. comp. from start to end...

I am floored at how they were only left with a berry and a hatching egg with "IT" on it, and only Dan???? could put it together?

Damn! My head is hurting. From the HGs though... not the puzzle.

(It would have helped them to remember the phrase is supposed to be able to help them in the house/game. Uh.)

I know I was thinkin the same thing, I love crosswords and do 2 of them every day, so when Memphis said he hated crosswords and such, I was like ok then, tells me some more about you, he really is kinda a nincompoop,lolol

"I am very unsure about Dan, there are many things I do not like about him and his personality quirks, that is the best I can describe them as quirks, he is strange, to me anyway. "

This is a common personality hit-miss issue. I do relationship-building seminars involving personality typing. A couple of tremendous and interesting books you may want to graze if you have friends, coworkers, or family that you just don't "get" but wish you could be on a better wavelength with are:

TypeTalk, by Krueger and Theuesen, and Please Understand Me (Version I not II!) by David Keirsey.

They're extremely eyeopening in a helpful and even amusing way. You can even learn what kinds of traits tend to mesh satisfyingly in the sheets so you can spot it before you ever "go there!"

Having said that, Dan's personality tree stems from only 1/4 of the general population. He's a high intuitive rationalist, and they make awesome strategists and scientists (so not surprised he teaches biology)... but if stats research is any indicator, 3 out of 4 people would agree he is obtuse and quirky.

I quoted the above cos it mirrors Renny's reaction to Dan as well.

I highly doubt Michelle would vote for Dan regardless of the trip.

Yikes, Memphis: I don't think you realize, against Dan you'd have April, Ollie, and Michelle's votes. If Keish finds out you're the reason she gets voted off, you'll lose her vote as well. Uh.

Hee, Marty...

my guesses were dumbass as well, EXCEPT!!!

(Heck: I didn't even know the freaking rules and the vid clip I saw never showed the blueberry. Woops! So here I was trying to incorporate everything. GUFEETLE: guessing "undercover" cos something had already been put under a tarp. Yeeyah :animated_rotfl: )

But o.

They DID know the rules. OW-acious!

Sorry to go. Have a great day!

Well, the luxury comp is over. Dan won it and fibbed to the HG's about some of what transpired. We don't know what he and Michelle talked about. I.E., did she promise him not to tell where or with whom she spent the time or did BB tell her to keep mum about it all.....Did he promise her something for her vote and is that BB kosher - to offer a cash value prize for a vote. I dunno. All I know is that it is done and I know little about it and what I do know makes me wonder why it took place in the first place.

thanks for the insight furrious,lol I do find him quirky, and he did annoy me to no end just the way he did Renny, even tho later when she was not worked up she recinded,lol. There are things I do like about Dan, but the fact that he has hooked his star to that scum Memphis has me not crazy about him and the duo, and there is a side to him I find that I am putt off by.

Archived