Jerry - Week 5

CeCiMom

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

April and Ollie are already fawning over Jerry (fake fake) and Jeritol thinks they have his back. Can you say stupid?!

The nite of the big girl fight - shoot I just forgot what I was going to say. Hello

I'm watching BBAD and trying to stay focused. Hah, that's not happeing

Poor, Poor Jerry...never really even had a war to fight in...Korea was really only a "conflict".

That must make an aging Marine really grumpy.

So, over 50 years later he has to come into Big Brother House to fight the REAL enemy...Dan.

Poor pathetic Jerry...he reminds of the aging High School jock archtype (who was so full of himself and a bully to those other "less fortunate")...trying to grasp that old glory one more time.

I liked Jerry in the beginning, but he is the one I like the least now. He's in my Top 5 most disliked HG's ever.

While I believe he's showing off for the camera, he has turned into a raging bully who thinks Follow the HOH means he has the ultimate power in the house. He claimed to be a fan of the game, yet his reactions to Dan's "betrayal" are not refective of someone who is aware of how the game is played. IMO, it was fair to be angry at Dan, but he's taken that anger so far over the top that he's losing his mind and it's painful to watch. It's just a game, and Dan will not be the only HG to "betray" him.

I also think Jerry is distubed that the rest of his own current alliance are not hating on Dan the way he is. Even Michelle has cooled off about Dan. Jerry can't see the big picture that Dan is not the best target at this time, and deep down I think it's killing him that he's the only one who wants revenge on Dan. Jerry is a punk and a bully because he wants to show he's holding his own in the house, and that HE knows what needs to be done. He also knows Dan is an easy target who will not come back at him.

First time poster here that's been lurking for a long time now...

Jerry isn't suffering from anything other than egomania. He was shoveled to the side by nearly every houseguest because he was annoying them, talking about places, times and events that occured well before even their parents were born and that made their eyes glaze over. He simply found a way to get in with the "In Crowd", in his eyes, and flex a bit so that he'd feel important. The venom that spews from that man's mouth over a promise that was made and then subsequently broken is rich with irony. I think he's bellowing louder and harder about Dan's broken promise in order to forget his own similar behavior back in Week One. The reason he won't let it go is because Dan's ultimate choice in that eviction was a slap in the face to his delusion that he actually held any power to begin with.

The thing is, the more this guy has the stage, the more everyone gets to see his true character. I don't think his personality has changed in the least, he simply has had the opportunity to showcase just exactly who he is.

I don't know where I read it, can't remember who wrote he said it, but remember I read it, got it? :animated_rotfl:

I keep remembering reading a post that Jerry's mouth was going off about how he will continue his tirade in sequester to make sure that the vote goes to someone they (whom ever he was talking too) wants to win.

IMO he said that so no one wants to be in sequester with him. He knows no one likes him, so keep being a nasty, grumpy old man, hg will think he's a sure win at F2 and somehow he'll end up with April and win!!

Or maybe I just had a nightmare.............. :animated_bouncy:

Just saw Vindaloo post, welcome and great insight!!

In NO WAY am I sticking up for Jerry's behavior....

but.. let's not make lite of the Korean 'Conflict' ...

that CONFLICT had an American casualty count of 54,246.

http://members.aol.com/usregistry/allwars.htm

My hubby was in the Airborne at the tail end of that... (jump instuctor)

He never left state-side ... but saw a lot of combat at a couple of bars near base.

OK>>>>> back to ragging on Jerry please ;)

OH, I hope Julie rakes Jeritols butt over the coals, and basically calls him a fool for doing the EXACT same thing Dan did way back in week one with Brian. He's an idiot and lets all hope and pray its a 2 person eviction and Jeritol and Libra go out hand in hand!!!!!!

I wish BB would edit out Jerry's rampage against Dan, since it was pure slander IMO, Dan was not on the block, J had no intention of using the POV and Michelle wasn't planning to put Dan on the block, if he did.

I agree with Michelle, the less that he's encouraged to be an a****** the better. He thinks his tirade put him in the spotlight, I would love it if it never even made it to primetime.

(of course, BB will not stand on principle, they'll go for the ratings)

I wish BB would edit out Jerry's rampage against Dan, since it was pure slander IMO, Dan was not on the block, J had no intention of using the POV and Michelle wasn't planning to put Dan on the block, if he did.

I agree with Michelle, the less that he's encouraged to be an a****** the better. He thinks his tirade put him in the spotlight, I would love it if it never even made it to primetime.

(of course, BB will not stand on principle, they'll go for the ratings)

I agree on both points, and since we all know they WILL air it, then I hope Julie does what I said earlier, and calls Jeritol out INSTEAD of "rewarding" him in some way. He's an idiot and I hope after she grills him, he feels like it. He's probably too stupid to "get it" anyway if she does make him look like an arsehole!!!!

Alright SlowPoke, you spanked me appropriately.

I do not want to make light on any war, police action or conflict.

I actually have a great deal of respect for Vets and especially those wounded (or killed) so that I can have the privilege to sit at my computer and type this ridiculous drivel.

But, that does not change that it happened over 50 years ago. I do stick to my analogy that Jerry seems to embrace his time as a Marine as an old High School jock clings to his teen years as a pinnacle of achievement. He does not seem to have learned and grown from that experience but seems to treat his environment as if he were still living in that time and expecting others to fall into line.

To me, Jerry lost "honor" and "respect" as soon as he stopped acting like a gentleman (oh let's say that would be around the time he was honking April's hooters on National TV). I cut him slack because he was trying to fit in, he is a man and April was ridiculously flailing her breasts toward him. But, he has repeatedly proved himself to be a bully and a poor player. His "X" signal with Brian was embarrassingly laughable and he immediately flipped at the 1st sign of pressure. He does not talk to other HGs but down to them. Renny's words to Jerry ring true about his statements in the house..."it's inappropriate". In order to get someone to shut-up and listen you do not tell them to shut-up and listen. Jerry's attacks on Dan are relentless and overkill. He's a bully cloaking himself in the American Flag (or under a Marine hat) and it has grown old and tired.

I agree whole heartedly that Jerry's example of being a Marine ... is making many REAL Marines cringe.

It's just that I wanted to remind folks that it wasn't insignificant ... by any means.

I just meant to stick some facts into the thread..... WHILE we were sticking it to Jerry ^_^

Archived