Jerry - Week 5

CeCiMom

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi, Mrs. Dunn. Yes, I think so. I hope so. And please understand everybody this is just my personal viewpoint. I would recommend if any of you have a spare hour on a weekend stop by some Alzheimer's center and visit some of these people. There was this one lady who was 100 years old, a retired school teacher. her son lived about three blocks away and had not visited her for 5 years.

I promise I'll lighten up.

My personal wish is if Jerry gets too far gone, he leaves, goes home to his wife. It will be ironic if Libra and Jerry are in Sequester House together for a week...alone.

My father died of Alzheimers. Truth be told... Jerry is not exhibiting any of the symptoms. I do believe that all the houseguests are given a full physical before coming into the house. I would be concerned about him being on slop for so long though. But there is nothing to tell me that he doesn't have these kinds of conniption fits at home when someone does something he doesn't like either. I'm not saying that he does... I'm just saying that there is no evidence that he isn't like this outside the house as well.

I see Jerry lying.. conniving.. starting fights on purpose to point accusatory fingers at others (to keep attention off himself)... all of which are necessary elements in BB game play.

The personal attacks are the things I have a problem with. If he's going to wish someone would burn in hell... then turnabout is fairplay. I'm not saying he should immediately start his journey towards hell.. but when he does go... I hope he is prepared for the same fate himself.

Jerry is disgusting!! I dislike him more than I dislike Libra ~ which blows my mind!!! I cannot stand his nasty mouth, he is an idiot and when it's all over, he's going to realize what an ass he made of himself. I wish to the BB gods that this was a 2 person eviction, Libra and Jerry, buh bye!!!!

He amazes me, I wish Dan would smack the crap out of him..........

To Lenray,

I would just say you're very lucky with the Alzheimer's patients you have cared for.

Two of the clinical, scientific and medical symptoms of second stage Alzheimer's are angry mood swings and paranoia. This isn't opinion, it's documented fact in every medical journal around.

Just thought I'd point that out so people don't get the wrong impression.

My father died of Alzheimers. Truth be told... Jerry is not exhibiting any of the symptoms.

I'm not speaking about my personal life but trust me when I say I know the disease all too well too.

I think everyone should do their own research on Alzheimer's and not to take my or anyone else's word for it. There are plenty of resources online, probably the best being http://www.alz.org/index.asp

Alzheimer's Association | Home

What you'll learn as you read is that everyone is different. Some patients exhibit some symptoms and others all of them. It all depends on the person.

I'm sorry for derailing the thread but this is a terrible, horrible disease that everyone should learn about and understand so they know the warning signs in their own elderly loved ones. It's actually one of the worst diseases on earth because it can take someone you have lived your life with and turn them into someone who know longer even knows you. That's one of the worst feelings on earth.

I don't see any clinical signs of Alzheimer's or dementia in Jerry. Geesh, he's showing off for the cameras...he's the first 75 year old guy to be in the BB house - it's a big deal for BB and an even bigger deal for Jerry.

Yes, he's forgetful at times but aren't we all. Sure, he could have a heart attack in the house, but so can Renny or Michelle. Shit happens and the older you get there's a better chance of it happening.

As for my crazy comments...like I said above - he's acting for the cameras. He knows what BB likes and he knows what the audience likes but because of his age people are finding him offensive. He's a walk in the park compared to other former hgs of BB, yet those characters were found to be entertaining.

I think we have to look past his age and just view him as another "crazy" hgs and rid ourselves of the "nice old man grandpa" thoughts because if Jerry portrayed himself as so to the producers he would have never made it on the show.

PS: Most Alzheimer/Dementia patients I've known were irritable and violent and have the strength of 5 large men. My grandmother at the age of 85 diagnosed with Senile Dementia kept 4 cops at bay with her strength.

Well said Xal. For alot of neurological disorders there is no such thing as a set of "classic symptoms", in the case of Alzeimers the symptoms vary depending on the level of dementia. Even though the disease has been broken into 4 levels of progression, the symptoms in each of those levels vary depending upon the individual.

Ok I would dislike Jerry and think he was a pig if he was 30 years old. I gave him more chances because he was older but can't hold back anymore.

Jerry sucks!

Well really people, we aren't doctors (at least I'm not) and even if we were, we can't diagnose Jerry as having Alzheimers from what we see on TV or BBAD. My opinion is he is probably just an obnoxious opinionated rude old fart.

He started out as my favorite in the house. I thought it was a hoot that he went ahead and grabbed April's boobs when she shoved them in his face. I thought he would have a heart attack then, but he didn't. I wrote off his anger towards Memphis as gameplay. I thought... dang... this guy is just fixated on Memphis. I figured it was gameplay. I didn't even really knock it when he joined up with Ollie and April because he really had no choice. I don't fault him for kissing HOH a%%. My main targets until his tangent this week were Libra, Keesha, and April with Michelle coming in third. I liked Dan, Renny and Memphis.

Then comes his fixation on Dan that crossed the line. So no... it has nothing to do with his age. I think any of Libra's fans can attest that I was more angry with Libra up until this last week.

Well really people, we aren't doctors (at least I'm not) and even if we were, we can't diagnose Jerry as having Alzheimers from what we see on TV or BBAD.

Speak for yourself LOL. As far as diagnosing, no one has done that, it was merely looking at his behavior and trying to rationalize it. Do I think he has Alzheimers personally? No...BB goes through a medical exam (Im not sure how in depth it goes) so Ill give them my judgement. Do I think he has some level of dementia? Possibly.

Then comes his fixation on Dan that crossed the line. So no... it has nothing to do with his age.

Nope, it doesn't have anything to do with his age...that was my point and my other point is he's no more obnoxious than other hgs that have been in the house, but more was expected from him.

No...BB goes through a medical exam

If it's anything like their psych testing, I'd be leary.

Agree Misha - Jerry has crossed the line with Dan, and that just puts the icing on the cake to all the other crap he has done that is stupid or irritating. Can't stand the old fool - and I'd not be able to stand him if he were a young fool either.

thats how it works

and you see why they have hg remove knives

The few.

The proud.

The MARINES.

Before entering the house, Jerry was required to memorize the House Code of Conduct. Then he took the HOUSE OATH, designed especially for him. Following are excerpts:

"I will, to the best of my ability, always kiss the asses of Heads of Household. I will command my

Jerry's Angels with respect, but will do the bidding of the House Hags at all times. I will call the male

guests I do not like 'bow-legged sons of bitches' and will command them to burn in hell. I will

always tuck my orange shirt into my blue shorts and will wear my red Marine Corps cap with pride.

I will always exercise my vocal cords in order to maintain my clear, resonant, authoritative voice.

I will, whenever possible, claim to have 'all the power' even when I have none. I will begin my stay in the House as a mild-mannered, soft-spoken elderly gentleman. I will, over time, become a

changed man; that is, I will become a vulgar, vile, mean-spirited old man in my attempt to become

the most hated Houseguest in Big Brother history. Even though I will not be allowed to sing, I will

often recite the Marines Hymn, which begins 'From the halls of Montezuma, to the Head of

Household room-a" . . . . .

" I will fight the Houses battles, along with the powers that be"

:smilielol: :smilielol:

Archived