Should Cbs Remove Evil Dick ?

stinky

Yeah UVP because thats the same exact thing right? Is that how you really think? LOL

Have you ever said you wish somebody would die or was dead? Did you always go murder that person?

saying it out loud and in my mind are different ballgames. i bet folks in school system would agree with your logic

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What I meant, King, is that there are so many warning signs this season, so if it happened the station and producers might be able to be brought up on negligence charges at the very least.

There can't be stipulations put in contracts that invalidate state and federal laws, for instance.

edit - not saying they could be brought up on criminal charges, I'm saying civil.

In my opinion he needs to go. ED is getting out of control with being verbally abusive towards anyone in his path that does not do as he wants. The rant he went on with Jen yesterday was terrible. I also think it is sad that Nick put himself at ED level by allowing someone to talk to a women in that manner. What would ED or Nick do if someone was talking that way towards Danielle!!

What I meant, King, is that there are so many warning signs this season, so if it happened the station and producers might be able to be brought up on negligence charges at the very least.

There can't be stipulations put in contracts that invalidate state and federal laws, for instance.

you becoming one of my fav poster here

where there is smoke there is fire?

saying it out loud and in my mind are different ballgames. i bet folks in school system would agree with your logic

So you have never said you wished a person was dead or would die out loud in your whole life? Is that what you are saying? If that is the case I think you are the exemption then because I have heard many people say it and none of them has actually gone on to kill anyone. Ive said it myself and Ive never killed anyone.

If you want to hurl insults me personally or our school system thats your perogative. I wont hurl insults at you.

Long time reader, first time poster, but this thread has really acted as the impetus for my registration.

I was a big Dick fan when the season started, but he

Yada, I think the difference is when you say it out loud and direct it at the person you want "dead". Dick has done that at least three times in the house now directly at Jen. It's a pattern and if Jen felt threatened at all, I'm sure she could get him in trouble. It's all about perception and how the person being targeted feels. If Jen genuinely feared for her life, and said as much, I doubt he'd be there any longer.

I agree with Xal, if someone is hit there might not be another BB, I do think Dick needs to go cause he has been pushing his limits everyday and gotten away with it. There is a difference between gameplay and harrassing and Dick has by far in my oppionon crossed the line.

If you want to hurl insults me personally or our school system thats your perogative. I wont hurl insults at you.

you got to be kidding me. i never flame or baited or insult any on mortys ever

Ive said it before and I will say it again. Anything physical including pouring tea on somebody should be out of line.

But words are words.

Jen, Jameka, Kail, Dustin all have said things I found offensive. Who is the judge of what words are allowed and what words are not?

Ive said it before and I will say it again. Anything physical including pouring tea on somebody should be out of line.

iagree.gif

Realistically speaking Yada, the judge is the judge. If you are being followed around by someone, for instance (not saying that's the case here, I'm speaking in general) and this person constantly harasses you, you can get them in trouble. It's not always the words one says. It's sometimes the amount of times they have been said and where they have been said.

I hate to stir up another can of worms but I simply must say this. I think people often forget that actual words have probably caused more violence in the history of the world than actions ever could, and I'm speaking of religion.

No, I'm trying to start a religious debate. I'm just trying to make a point that words can be very powerful weapons in the right hands.

Xal I'm speaking about the game. I agree religion has been used as an excuse for a lot of wars but inside the house I have no problem separating the physical from the verbal.

As I sad before Dick has acted like a jerk verbally but so has Jen, Kail, Jameka and Dustin in their own verbal ways.

I find Jameka, Amber, and Kail the most hateful people in the house because they have decided that what they believe makes them the only "really good" people in the house. (reminds me of the nerd herd) Bringing the bible into the house and trying to justify every thing with it is scary. It's a game ... Dick and Jen are doing what they were hired to do. And if you don't find Jen really weird and robotic you have to be blind or deaf. Dick may be a dick, but at least I will always know what he thinks since he's so willing to discuss anything. He may think you're stupid for not agreeing with him, but who cares?

:hide: Whispering to DJB

DJB heard about your post in another thread, had to come read (felt I needed this first :footballhelmet: ) and want to say well done :clap: and glad you came out of the shadows. Welcome....

:::::::::::sneaking out now::::::::::::::::::::::

Every year there is something that crosses the line and every year people get worked up about it. What Dick did was childish, stupid and in the real world it boarded on minor assult. BUT this isn't the real world, it's the Big Brother house and I've seen others get away with a lot more than iced tea on the head. Lets not forget the Beau and Janie fight, or the night things came much closer to getting dangerous between "Cappy" and Kayser. How about the great toothbrush incident? If Dick crosses the line I am sure CBS will handle it, as they always have in the past.

I must admit I am not as found of Dick as I was at first, but at least he is bring so excitement to the BB house.

It's not about the tea. I haven't seen which part of the whole argument Jem linked to (where is it posted?). But I was disturbed by the scene after it was poured, when both Nick and Dick were screaming at Jen. I also agree that it is wrong of people in the house not to stand up for her. If I were there, I would. I would never stand by and watch someone being abused like that and not say something, even if I just stood between them and told them everyone needed to calm down.

I think that it also matters that these verbal attacks are one after another. There's not a day that goes by without it. Maybe it is strategy (and I don't like that kind of strategy, but I guess to each his own). However, I feel that Dick gets this huge pent-up mass of anger, and he feels he needs to attack someone with it. So, when something happens like the POV, he goes out and finds his target. In this case, it was Jen. In other cases, it was his children (according to Dani, who says both children were afraid of him when he would get in their faces and scream, with spit hitting them in their faces). This is why I can't fault Dani for her actions, and I like her. I think she's gone through a lot in her life.

I'm really not sure how to vote on this one. Dick annoys me but Jen annoys me more. Did she deserve to have tea poured over her head ? No. Was it funny to me? Yes!! LMAO (JMO) I really don't think it's assault. Humiliating yes...assault....nah...Maybe a warning would suffice? Again JMO and I love you all for all your great opinions!

He got a warning. He told Jameka and Amber later on that it "didn't cross the line, but almost."

I guess next time we will all hope he isn't holding hot coffee when he decides to act out.

Archived