Jeff - Week 1

It's not a place to talk about lifestyle views, yet it's okay to let everyone know your daughter is gay? Anyways, this is not the first time you have told us this on the board. You stated this a while back when one of the HG said something about gays and you got offended due to your daughter. Dick was a huge homophobe and said some nasty things about gays, yet you were never offended. Stop giving passes for those players you like and try to be consistent.

this is not a board for calling our other ppl who post here, you dont have any right to talk to other posters like they said or did something that was wrong or bad, the poster you are talking down to has been here a very long time, just like you, yet you don't see any one putting you down, this is the Jeff thread not the jump on others posters thread just sayin/

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I was reading the recap of that convo since I didn't have feeds on today, I had a mental "he said WHAT?!?!" reaction. The world has come a long way towards gay acceptance over the years, but in the privacy of their own home, some people still think that homosexual relationships should be kept away from the view of children, because a) they think it will confuse children about the "normal" way they should be and b ) there is the idea that one perversion means they might be prone to other perversion such as taking advantage of children. I'm not saying that this is fair or right but it's what I've experienced from others.

I think this was what Jeff was getting at.

Most children books are meant to entertain, but also teach and help instil values in the children who read them. He may have felt introducing these kind of conflicting moral decisions should be kept to parents, and not put in a children's book.

So rather than jump all over him, I think people need to relax, because people don't know the full extent of his feelings on the subject. Or why he felt as passionate about it as he did.

thank you thank you Casper Sabe, you put this so well, and I was trying to say the same thing about childrens books, and we don't know Jeffs true or deep feelings on the subj yet everyone is sooo quick to judge. and sling the mud at ppl who do not agree with their views, I think the rules of this board are to say what we want about the houseguests but to leave each other out of it, yet the first chance some get around here they go for the jugular / thanks for your voice of reason

When I was reading the recap of that convo since I didn't have feeds on today, I had a mental "he said WHAT?!?!" reaction. The world has come a long way towards gay acceptance over the years, but in the privacy of their own home, some people still think that homosexual relationships should be kept away from the view of children, because a) they think it will confuse children about the "normal" way they should be and b ) there is the idea that one perversion means they might be prone to other perversion such as taking advantage of children. I'm not saying that this is fair or right but it's what I've experienced from others.

I think this was what Jeff was getting at.

Most children books are meant to entertain, but also teach and help instil values in the children who read them. He may have felt introducing these kind of conflicting moral decisions should be kept to parents, and not put in a children's book.

So rather than jump all over him, I think people need to relax, because people don't know the full extent of his feelings on the subject. Or why he felt as passionate about it as he did.

Oh bull!!! If you watched the video you know exactly where Jeff was coming from. He's a bigot, no matter how you or any of his fans try to rationalize it. And, he's a bully for yelling at Kalia, and using the F word. That too was uncalled for.

No matter how you slice it Jeff is a homophobe.

Why include sexuality in any CHILDRENS book AT ALL? Can't we just let them be innocent for as long as possible? How many 10 yr olds are reading their fantasy stories and thinking, "I wonder if this guy's straight or gay?" In a perfect world, none. But we genius adults have to shove our opinions down their throats as early as possible apparently.

Sexuality in any context and in any child's book is inappropriate, IN MY OPINION.

Maybe, just maybe, Jeff was thinking along those lines?? I mean, why point out in a child's book whether any character is heterosexual OR homosexual? Imagining adults in a sexual context is not appropriate subject matter for children, any way you slice it.

Why include sexuality in any CHILDRENS book AT ALL? Can't we just let them be innocent for as long as possible? How many 10 yr olds are reading their fantasy stories and thinking, "I wonder if this guy's straight or gay?" In a perfect world, none. But we genius adults have to shove our opinions down their throats as early as possible apparently.

Sexuality in any context and in any child's book is inappropriate, IN MY OPINION.

Maybe, just maybe, Jeff was thinking along those lines?? I mean, why point out in a child's book whether any character is heterosexual OR homosexual? Imagining adults in a sexual context is not appropriate subject matter for children, any way you slice it.

This subject has nothing to do with the innocense of children. By the way the Author Rawlings didn't write the character as gay. This subject is about the insensitivity of a grown man, Jeff.

Oh bull!!! If you watched the video you know exactly where Jeff was coming from. He's a bigot, no matter how you or any of his fans try to rationalize it. And, he's a bully for yelling at Kalia, and using the F word. That too was uncalled for.

No matter how you slice it Jeff is a homophobe.

now we are telling other posters how they are full of it?? Because they have their own opinions?? I watched the video and I dissagree, and even if Jeff is a homophobe it is his choice and perrogative, live and let live, ppl are allowed to be whoever they are, I don't think ppl who like jeff are trying to rationalize a thing, just trying to be fair. So he raised his voice at Kalia??? big woop, I am sure there is gonna be more yelling and carrying on before this season is over and it has barely started. I will keep my opinion of Jeff, noone in this world is perfect, noone, and everyone is entitled to express their opinion, and should be able to do so without getting railed on and spat venom at by fellow posters

I stand by everything I said. No matter how any poster tries to twist my words. Jeff is disgusting.

I for one am not twisting any ones words, in my humble opinion I like Jeff and will give him the benefit of the doubt, you should add "in your humble opinion" to your posts that you think he is disgusting, you are entitled to your opinion, just quit slinging mud at the ones of us who dissagree . There is no right or wrong here , just opinions

I disagree. I think it's fine for Prince Charming and Sleeping Beauty, Shrek and Fiona, etc..to all fall in love and get married....they are obviously straight couples and falling in love is a natural part of human existence and children are not scarred by knowing this. They don't get descriptive and specific of what a straight couple does ...and that's the way it should be, except perhaps a kiss or 2....which is fine for young children. I also think that it's fine and acceptable to portray a homosexual person or couple in a children's book...without specifics of what they do in privacy too. It's not damaging to a child to know that there are heterosexual and homosexual people on this planet. What is damaging is when people try to make a loving relationship out to be wrong, perverted, or pretend that it doesn't exist.

Jeff's said outright that it is "perverted" and he insinuated that Dumbledorf would be a pedophile if left in charge of children...which is a completely inaccurate and homophobic comment to make.

If someone is to say that it's ok to portray a straight couple in a story, but not a gay couple...or gay person for that matter...then that is homophobic.

If anyone agrees with Jeff's comments that a gay person should not be left in charge of a child...that is homophobic.

Just my opinion.

I disagree. I think it's fine for Prince Charming and Sleeping Beauty, Shrek and Fiona, etc..to all fall in love and get married...

I understand what you are saying now. Snow White gets a kiss, Sleeping Beauty gets a kiss and even though six year olds are watching no one gets upset about this kind of interaction-it does seem unfair.

This subject has nothing to do with the innocense of children. By the way the Author Rawlings didn't write the character as gay. This subject is about the insensitivity of a grown man, Jeff.

Did you miss the sentence I wrote, "Maybe, just maybe, Jeff was thinking along those lines?" That was my point.

Maybe in Jeff's mind (you nor I know for sure), it had a lot to do with the innocence of children. I've not read the books and it sounded to me as if the character was meant to be written as gay, which again, sexuality in any context is inappropriate for a child's book. MAYBE this was Jeff's thinking too.

I think that part of what is being missed is that the author thought in her own mind that the charactor in her story was gay but she did not write it in the story that way. What ever jeff said, and I did not hear himsay the word perverted, it is is opinion, and it is only an opinion, he is entitled to it without being bashed, I am not a homophobe and I can say that I do not think that it would be approiate to have gay charactors in childrens books, that is of a certain age group anyway. I read my first book about homosexuality I think when I was 14, and even then I did not quite understand it, so I do not think young children need to be exposed at a very young age about all that, they are exposed to sooo much these days that I think is innapproiate. I see young girls out barely 11 or twelve wearing heavy make up and high heels, etc, why does this society let our children grow up so fast?? If Jeff is narrow minded about this subject then he needs to be educated but I would never go so far as to say he is a scumbag, when I know the guy has many good attributes, that is with anyone, I give ppl the benefit before I totally label them into a class like "Homophobe" scum, "bigot". I just don't roll that way. I don't for one minute think that if a headmaster is gay he should not be teaching children or left alone with them as he might harm the children with his homosexuality, but that is me, I can't judge how other ppl feel or why they feel the way they do. If Jeff really thinks that way, in a small minded way then he needs to be educated, but I think the guy has enough really good things about him that he does not deserve to be just written off as a scumbag, bigot, or homophobe. I am not offended at others opinions just offended that if some of us dont agree we are getting bashed, jsut sayin

Guest 6Borders

Irregardless of what Jeff said and what he meant or didn't mean, I'm heading back to the "this is a Jeff thread"...just going with my observations of Jeff in the house the first week plus...he and Jordan both act like this is "just a job" and I got the impression their relationship is more of a script than a relationship. What I see in Jeff is that this is becoming just an easy way to make money...do reality TV and get everything you can out of it, and take Jordan along for the ride because of the fan base.

I liked Jeff in his season and he and Jordan were "the cute high school dating couple" image which was refreshing, but this season Jeff has not shown me much. He makes a lot of condescending remarks to and about Jordan, drops the F-word all over the place and acts like he should win the game "just because he's Jeff". The golden boy looks pretty tarnished to me.

Again, I am JUST expressing my opinion, so please refrain from the name calling and hate pm's (we've been down that road with Janelle).

I for one am not twisting any ones words, in my humble opinion I like Jeff and will give him the benefit of the doubt, you should add "in your humble opinion" to your posts that you think he is disgusting, you are entitled to your opinion, just quit slinging mud at the ones of us who dissagree . There is no right or wrong here , just opinions

Slinging mud? Did I accuse you of twisting my words? Did I mention any particular poster? Don't ever tell me what I should say and not say. Nothing I posted was against any Morty rules. I don't need to add "in my humble opinion" to anything I write. It's just my opinion and there ain't anything humble about it.End of story.

Jeff was pretty descriptive with his f words back in his season, he used to get pretty verbal ,I just chalk it up to that's his personality, I think all of the oldies are back in it for whatever they can get out of it, I fell maybe Dani would like to win cause he dad overshadowed her in her season. Butthen the newbies (porsche ) are really there for ridin the reality gravy train

Jeff was pretty descriptive with his f words back in his season, he used to get pretty verbal ,I just chalk it up to that's his personality, I think all of the oldies are back in it for whatever they can get out of it, I fell maybe Dani would like to win cause he dad overshadowed her in her season. Butthen the newbies (porsche ) are really there for ridin the reality gravy train

:party_smilie: Gotta get that swatter out sometimes.

Slinging mud? Did I accuse you of twisting my words? Did I mention any particular poster? Don't ever tell me what I should say and not say. Nothing I posted was against any Morty rules. I don't need to add "in my humble opinion" to anything I write. It's just my opinion and there ain't anything humble about it.End of story.

since I seem to be the only one responding to your posts I am thinking you are speaking to me about twisting words, no need to be so defensive, most ppl put imho by their posts as for it not to look like they are jumping on other posters for what they think, there are a cpl groups here, the jeff lovers and the jeff haters which is fine, but we can bash or love on any house guests we want what we cant do is tell the others that they are wrong, threaten other posters Like "the dont ever tell me" comment, that seems like some kind of threat, and your opinion and nothing humble about it?? again trying to intimidate, and it is not the end of story just cause you said so, it will be tho when the mods come in here and we all get a warning and a slap on the wrist. You don't agree with me and I do not agree with you, that should be the "end of story",lol

since I seem to be the only one responding to your posts I am thinking you are speaking to me about twisting words, no need to be so defensive, most ppl put imho by their posts as for it not to look like they are jumping on other posters for what they think, there are a cpl groups here, the jeff lovers and the jeff haters which is fine, but we can bash or love on any house guests we want what we cant do is tell the others that they are wrong, threaten other posters Like "the dont ever tell me" comment, that seems like some kind of threat, and your opinion and nothing humble about it?? again trying to intimidate, and it is not the end of story just cause you said so, it will be tho when the mods come in here and we all get a warning and a slap on the wrist. You don't agree with me and I do not agree with you, that should be the "end of story",lol

Exactly! Get your fly swatter ready. I personally like Jeff and think he's great, but I would never jump on others because of their opinions. That just smacks of high school and immaturity to me. So don't worry about a ruuddie or two in here. They'll reap what they sow when people get tired enough of their bs.

Holla, so now its off topic for one sec, off to work, will rejoin later this eve, cant wait to watch the feeds tonight the night before eviction

1. Jeff is the subject of this thread. (That means anything he says, does or possibly thinks is subject to comment.)

2. We are ALL allowed our opinions regarding the house guests; what they say, what they do, how we like or dislike or are indifferent to them.

3. Members put there views in a post should expect to have comments and opinions in response.

4. The only rule about those responses is that they can't flame/bait. (ie. name calling, cussing, mocking, threaten, etc.) But, questioning a person's opinion and engaging in a discussion about a persons opinion is not flaming/baiting.

You don't have to be a Jeff lover or hater to be heard. And, you most certainly have the right to question a house guests behavior and/or comments... even if those discussions are outside the realm of BB. I suggest the defensiveness stop before someone crosses the line.

Come on people, all of the members that reported someone or were reported have been here MANY years. I've never known any of you not to be able to defend your opinions or expressing them for that matter. Why some of you felt the need to interject yourselves to defend another member is beyond me. Keep your posts to the subject matter and don't flame/bait. It's pretty simple and the results of following these rules are... DISCUSSIONS where not everyone will agree but, we're allowed to voice ourselves which is what these threads are all about, right?

Oh thanks for the picture. My teen-age and 20 something nephews say things 10 times worse then Jeff has ever said but they are in no way bigots. I lived in Chicago for years and Jeff is so much a Chicago talkin guy.

He definitely is eye candy and I thought it was funny when he had that exchange about the Harry Potter stuff with Kalia. We all know it is hard to remain PC all the time, we all slip up, but does not mean we hate anyone or group for their sexual preference, color, or religion. I just don't think it should come in to play in a book aimed at children. I watched all of the Harry Potter movies and never once did I think anyone was portrayed or mentioned as being gay. To me, the ones that say that, are the guilty party as they are insinuating that a man with feminine qualities is gay. Not true.

I really think he was mad at being called out for his opinion that homosexuality should not come in to play in a children's book. He is not a bigot or homophobe, and that was why he got upset. Don't think he got upset about defending his veiw as much as someone calling him out for bigotry unjustifiably. If you truly have a close, gay friend or relative, you know they make more jokes about their life choices than we ever thought about.

Archived