Jeff - Week 1

Ragan's reaction to Jeff's rant. It's a pretty good read...he takes a look at the broader social aspect of the situation.

http://ragan.wordpress.com/2011/07/13/my-reaction-to-jeffs-homophobic-rant/

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ragan's reaction to Jeff's rant. It's a pretty good read...he takes a look at the broader social aspect of the situation.

http://ragan.wordpress.com/2011/07/13/my-reaction-to-jeffs-homophobic-rant/

Thank you for posting this response! Ragan expresses exactly what I was thinking about this whole brouhaha. Jeff's messed up views are a reflection of our society. I hope he (and we) can take this as an opportunity to learn what the heck we are so afraid of when it comes to gay teachers. Many Americans who are opposed to gays being around children have the misguided notion that gay = perversion = pedophilia.

Please take a moment to read Ragan's response, it would be mine if I was better, smarter writer.

The political correctness in this country is what is going to ruin it. I would not want my children to learn about homosexuality in a childrens book,so I would not buy it for them to read or to have it read to them. I feel that its the parents job to decide what they want their children to know about sexuality, not the school system, not books, and not the public. However Jeff does feel about the subject is how Jeff feels, if I judged everyone that made rude and stupid comments about any number of things I would not have family members or many friends. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and has the right to feel how they want to feel. I don't try to make people see my point chances are you are not going to change their mind anyway. Jeff probably should not have made the comments but he did so hate him if you want thats fine I choose to look at it for what it was a STUPID commment. I don't think he is a bad evil person!

couldn't have said it better, it was a stupid comment and I bet he will be surprised when he gets outta there that it caused sooo much rukus,lol, I have several really good friends that we have different opinions but am I gonna drop them as friends, nooo, but if I tried to change what they think by telling them they are full of it on on and on they would sure drop me, to each his own,, there are plenty of good things about jeff to keep me watchin him and liking him for that matter. Janis is right about the politically correct thing in this counrty, it's just too much

http://ragan.wordpre...omophobic-rant/

didn't read Ragens commentary, cause who cares what Ragen thinks, just cause he's gay his word makes and reinforced that Jeff said a stupid thing??? Paaaleeaasssee, I couldn't stand Ragen in his season so would not give a rats a&& what he says. I know what I think, I think this whole thing is gettin blown out of proportion, what is the point, tryin to make yourself right?? Noone said Jeff was great for makin his comments but that just because he said what he did first I don't think he meant it the way it came out and even if he did he can have any ol opinion he wants, noone looks at the good in this world just want to jump on the bad, noone wants to give positive strrokes to their friends and co workers, they would rather rip them a new one, we are the richest countey in the world and we have everything at our fingertips yet everyone walks around pi**ed off and ready to jump. I will continue to give Jeff the benefit of the doubt till he can come out of the Bb brother house and defend himself and tell us what was on his mind

In my opinion to call someone a homophobic because he doesn't think a gay headmaster should be in a children's book is wrong. It is PC run-a-muck. You would be labeling half the people in the US as homophobic for thinking that childrens books are not the right place to put in a gay character.

Jeff probably has many gay friends he cares about and for people to try to ruin his reputation and career is just wrong.

But I am sure it is fun for people to keep posting it over and over and over for the rest of the BB Season trying to ruin Morty's for the the majority of us. :food-smiley-005:

Thank you for posting this response! Ragan expresses exactly what I was thinking about this whole brouhaha. Jeff's messed up views are a reflection of our society. I hope he (and we) can take this as an opportunity to learn what the heck we are so afraid of when it comes to gay teachers. Many Americans who are opposed to gays being around children have the misguided notion that gay = perversion = pedophilia.

Please take a moment to read Ragan's response, it would be mine if I was better, smarter writer.

:)

I agree. Unfortunately there are many closed minded individuals out there that refuse to even open their minds...they're a dying breed though. Acceptance of diversity is improving on a daily basis ...slowly but surely. A ways still to go though.

Read back a few pages here in the Jeff thread...it's been repeated a few times. I think the most offensive part of his comment was when he said it would be "perverted" for Dumbledorf to be written as a gay character, and that he shouldn't be left in charge of children.

The youtube vid keeps getting taken down due to copyright violations...for some reason Reality Blurred's vid still works, but it's poor quality.

http://www.realitybl...homophobic_rant

-------------

On the separate topic of Jeff's and other bigots rights to "free speech"...absolutely he and and they all have the right...I support their right, as misguided and ignorant as it may be. I also have the right to voice my disagreement and call them out on it. It's disturbing how accepting people can be in the mistreatment and misjudgement of others.

Thanks for posting the video, everyone should see it, and interesting, read the responses below it. I saw the original before it was taken down. I will repeat myself,he is disgusting. Being PC and being and bigoted are two completely different things.

I'm a believer in free speech, but come on dumbo you're on National and cable TV. To open you're big bazoo like that only proves how ignorant you are, on many levels.

Haven't read Ragans response yet, going to do that now. Thanks for posting that too.

I think we need to take responsibility for our own words and actions and stop blaming "society" for everything. Blaming society is a cop out for most incarcerated people.

Blamining society is like giving a free pass.

2co0evs.gif

smile.gif

I agree. Unfortunately there are many closed minded individuals out there that refuse to even open their minds...they're a dying breed though. Acceptance of diversity is improving on a daily basis ...slowly but surely. A ways still to go though.

Who cares about close minded what the hell ever??? This is the Jeff thread, in the BB house, and as far as how the world is coming along, I am 65 yrs old and have seen it all, and it ain't gettin better it's gettin worse with ppl and all this PC bs why can't ppl just have their opinions with out having to have every little thing picked apart by the PC know it alls in the world??

Everybody sittin on their High Horses lookin down their noses at who they think said somethin Politically incorrect, sadly those are the ppl who are the most closed minded

I think Jeff is a fine guy, I think that he is gonna kick some booty this season, that is if we can ever get this game started, this 1st week has been crazy, never seen a first week such as this one, I am even confusd as to who is gettin the boot at this point. I haven't even seen much talk about his comment in the updates thread, prolly cause it is just a small blip in the day in the life of Hamsterville

I'm with Fatcat - I don't give a fat rat's patoot what Ragan has to say about this or anything. And also agree this first week has just dragged along. Glad we get to experience the first elimination tonight FINALLY!!

^^^^ Yes and sooo happy I dont have to work on thurs so I can watch the show, then maybe we will see where things stand and things will start movin along here, this 1st week has been brutal,lol

I think we need to take responsibility for our own words and actions and stop blaming "society" for everything. Blaming society is a cop out for most incarcerated people.

Blamining society is like giving a free pass.

I agree. Everyone needs to take responsibility for their own words and actions and should own it. Jeff screwed up big time. He should apologize. He can have any small minded bigoted thought in his head, but to verbalize it in a rant for anyone to see and here was dumb, disgusting, and disturbing. Don't forget he bullied Kalia too. Nice guy huh?

I agree. Everyone needs to take responsibility for their own words and actions and should own it. Jeff screwed up big time. He should apologize. He can have any small minded bigoted thought in his head, but to verbalize it in a rant for anyone to see and here was dumb, disgusting, and disturbing. Don't forget he bullied Kalia too. Nice guy huh?

He probably bullies Jordan too. Leopards don't change their spots!

Anyways, I agree, what a moron since he lost a lot of his fan base with that maniacal rant, especially the gays.

On and on and on, I think Jeff would take responsibility if he knew he caused a rukus, dumb , disgusting?? and disturbing? oh that is waay too dramatic to describe Jeffs remark, for me anyway, I am laughing at the drama this has caused, soooo silly in my opinion

So let me ask this question where is the outrage when Danielle and other house guests say retard??? Where is the outrage when on the live feeds Brendon says he agrees with Jeff? There is such a double standard when it comes to what people say its not even funny anymore.

I hope we can just enjoy the game and see how things play out. Is this going to be like did Dick burn Jen with a cigarette? (for 4 years)

Jeff seems like a great guy. Nobody is perfect and in the hamster cage we get to see them ALL be less then perfect.

I think the plan by some is to shove the one opinion down the throats of everyone and I am sure drive some people away from Morty's. Maybe we can have a Morty's Survivor Sucks. :mellow:

Anyhooooo. It will be fun tonight to see wins the next HOH. :popcorn2:

I got a feeling Jeffy has been informed by the DR exactly the poop he's stepped in. He knows.

Wondering how anyone can describe this topic as silly? This topic is hurtful to a whole community who don't deserve being called names and treated as second class citizens, just because some reality "star" thinks he's cute and can do and say whatever he wants with no repercussions. To repeat - He's dumb, disgusting and disturbing. Plus a phoney. He did and continues to pull the wool over peoples eyes, cause why? He's good looking? Good looking with a pea brain. When he gets out of BB he should take some sensitivity classes.

there was a big ol brouhaha a few yrs back over that word, let me tell ya

I hope we can just enjoy the game and see how things play out. Is this going to be like did Dick burn Jen with a cigarette? (for 4 years)

Jeff seems like a great guy. Nobody is perfect and in the hamster cage we get to see them ALL be less then perfect.

I think the plan by some is to shove the one opinion down the throats of everyone and I am sure drive some people away from Morty's. Maybe we can have a Morty's Survivor Sucks. mellow.gif

Anyhooooo. It will be fun tonight to see wins the next HOH. popcorn2.gif

or like when ED did not burn Jen with a cigarette but when Jen ran into the cigarette when she was tryin to grab it from him?? cause he was smokin when she was eatin,lol

I got a feeling Jeffy has been informed by the DR exactly the poop he's stepped in. He knows.

Wondering how anyone can describe this topic as silly? This topic is hurtful to a whole community who don't deserve being called names and treated as second class citizens, just because some reality "star" thinks he's cute and can do and say whatever he wants with no repercussions. To repeat - He's dumb, disgusting and disturbing. Plus a phoney. He did and continues to pull the wool over peoples eyes, cause why? He's good looking? Good looking with a pea brain. When he gets out of BB he should take some sensitivity classes.

oh, I can describe it as silly silly silly silly, oh yeah and Jeff thinks he's cute, oh wow yeah that's just why he made that remark, cause he knows he's cute and can get away with his Politically incorrect remarks, no matter what it is, I repeat , he is gorge, I dont care what he said, I know he did not say it to start all this or to spread his homophobic agenda on the world, this subject is soooo hurful and serious, NOT, cause it is a silly thing to be nit pickin on, you go Jeff, and if he 's been told in the DR about his remark, whatever, and who are the judges that are saying he is in deep poo poo, some internet fanatics that watch BB 24/7?? Oh and I include myself in that catgory and I think he is in no poo poo at all, only in some ppls minds

love this pic, thanks for posting it smitten.gifsmitten.gif

Chima had tweeted this a few days ago...

"Okay Jeff apologists, explain this one away. I'll start it off...."

"He smiles rainbows, so there's no way he's homophobic"

:animated_rotfl:

And yes...I know, Chima of all people had her rants and inappropriate comments as well (Russell/terrorist, etc)...and she got a lot of flack for all of it. That's why it's funny.

Love her subtle way of calling out the hypocrisy.

I know people who would agree with Jeff's comment and I know people who would probably take offense. I'm not caring what Chima or Ragan think about anything and neither would anybody I know; from either aforementioned group. Chima and Ragan. Really.

It's a no biggie comment for me but then, I don't watch reality TV to school myself to the PC world in which we live. Jeff being obnoxious doesn't make me like him less it just makes me aware that he (like so many of us) can be less than he should be from time to time.

I'm liking the pace thus far.

P.S. The camera adores Jeff. It is an affair that goes on and on and on. Hush, Jeff. Just sit there and emote, love.

Archived