Memphis - Week 3

CeCiMom

Just go to YouTube, search for BB10 Puppet Show (this one was loaded 13 hrs ago)...Angie was just laughing, trying to hide her face with a pillow but one camera still caught her. It's not the end of the world or anything. It was IMO a little over the top and something I would not want of me on YouTube. I'm not sure why they thought it would win them new fans and supporters. Brian's puppet show was much funnier and less mean spirited.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I can't find the puppet show on you tube. We should judge for ourselves.

The vids are still there...I just checked. since we can't link...

go to YT> in search type in BB10 puppet show > then in sort by click on date added ....there are a few that come up.

personally...I didn't find it that racist... inappropriate at times...but I don't easily get offended so I'm not the best judge of offensive things. I guess it depends on your perspective...so to each their own on it. I did think some of it was funny...spoofs on events/conversations that had taken place in the house mostly involving Libra, Jerry, Brian and Renny....like when Jerry asked Libra to iron his pants, Libra asking for chicken, Libra complaining about her stomach ache and not being able to poop, etc...

PC is for the birds. No one can say anything anymore that they believe in for fear of the PC police. You find it in anything...one parent at baseball told the kid to lower the stike zone since the kid was short. The PC police went to the parent and gave them a warning. Geesh! Someone please take away PC!!!

But let me ask you something, from Libra's fight with Jerry and afterwards when she went in crying to one of the other hgs, do you think it was a racist comment she made when she said..."It was a flashback, some white guy sticking his finger in my face?" Also, I like the comment about her mom who said and "just look at that white baby" - I don't know if I was Libra I would have been embarrased to say that because 1) it puts my business out there and 2) shows how racist her mom is.

These are two totally different situations. Libra said her experience was like a flashback. That leads me to believe that she's experienced some type of racism. "White guy" isn't derogatory. If she had called him a white devil, that might be different. The same goes for Libra's mother. I took it as her mother being surprised that her grandchild had a fair skin tone. I don't think Libra's mother was being hateful toward her own grandchild. I don't think either of those comments were racist because neither were derogatory. Calling Libra a black devil is definitely derogatory. He wouldn't have said it to her face. Anyways, Memphis may not be a racist, but his comments were racist. If he continues to make race an issue, then I will think he's racist.

"White guy" isn't derogatory.

His name is Jerry. And of course, for her to say that she must have some story attached to it. I was once on subway and had a black male say some nasty things to me and gee what a surprise I don't go around calling every black male "that black guy."

It doesn't stand up because then I guess the "black devil" isn't derogatory either. Would "black lady" have been better suited? Bettcha not!!!!

If you are going to define someone by color it means you see in color.

I took it as her mother being surprised that her grandchild had a fair skin tone.

Now why would her mother be so surprised, her daughter is married to a caucasian male, isn't she?

Black lady would have been much better... so much better. I think someone would rather be called a lady than a devil.

Now why would her mother be so surprised, her daughter is married to a caucasian male, isn't she?

The genes for skin color are co-dominant. Libra has brown skin. You would expect her to pass the gene for brown skin to all of her children. It doesn't matter if the father is white, the genes from each parent should be expressed in the child's skin color. Apparently Libra is a carrier for the fair skin gene and she wasn't aware of it. The father could have had dark brown skin, if Libra passed the gene for fair skin, the child could have skin that would be significantly lighter in color than either parent. There is nothing wrong with Libra's mother being surprised that her grandchild had fair skin.

Ummm....msn had a story about twins such as Libra's. It appears it's not as rare as first reported.

I think black people are aware of "light skin" genes that may be carried or different tones of black people...all the more reason her mother shouldn't have been all that surprised.

There is nothing wrong with Libra's mother being surprised that her grandchild had fair skin.

Well then maybe it was the way it was presented and since it's all about the wording it wasn't said "one twin has fairer skin than the other" no, it was said "Hey look at that white baby!!!!"

All about the wording, right?

Thank you ~ got the tubes. :animated_wave:

you're welcome! :animated_wave:

eh, the 2nd puppet show wasn't as good as the first; has some good moments, but not quite the original. Memphis sounded a little deranged at times

Memphis on the whole, I don't dislike him right now, but I guess I hope he sticks around for the Ollie-April-Libra-Keesha alliance to turn in on iteself as it inevitably will. Jessie and Michelle annoy me more than Memphis does, so I wouldn't mind seeing him roll with some other people

I hope he sticks around for the Ollie-April-Libra-Keesha alliance to turn in on iteself as it inevitably will

That is so true. Memphis not an idiot, that is why he said whoever goes goes. Even though he wants Jessie with him, Jessie is a threat to him. He could make it, just distance himself from Jessie and Michelle. He did make sense to get rid of Jerry before sequester. He is not looking at Libra, I think he thinks that he can use her. No one wants to give the money to her. He even thought about splitting Ollie and April, and they need to be split. He even told Ollie he is coming after her. Literally what has she done. Except lying around and complaining.

memphis is an idiot

him and guys could have been running bb

along with angie

i understood brian target weak one made sense

but to not strike first against loka when it was clear that they have to eventually do it is rookie bb 101

bb 101 strike the enemy first

but to not strike first against loka when it was clear that they have to eventually do it is rookie bb 101

That wasn't Memphis' mistake, that was michele's mistake not using the POV to take down steven and put up libra. sure memphis could have pushed but ultimately it was michele's choice or michele and jessie's since he was the HOH and they are friendly. Jessie screwed himself, the dummy.

Just when I think Memphis is ready to get Keesha to flip on Jessie, he goes and gives her reasons to NOT shift. It's almost like he wants to be able to say, "Don't blame me, I told you this..." for every situation.

For game play, I have to give him props.

yep...I've never seen Memphis do anything to disrespect his girlfriend or warrant being called a womanizer by that boob grabbin whore buyin dirty old man river.

Jerry was wearing his marine bbcap too when he bold face lied too...total dishonor and disrespect to the marines! ;)

Archived