Jerry

Jem

Has someone posted the whole scenario that led up to Jerry making the Psycho comment .. and exactly what did he say to make

her upset ?

I only read bits and pieces - but, can't seem to fit the whole story together.

Guess I'm having one of those Senior Moments... AGAIN

As far as Jerry goes... sorry to say he hasn't shown me much... but, it's early.

Him being dumped into HOH right off the bat was a bit 'much' for him to tackle in my opinion.

I'm not jumping ship just yet - but want to know where the life jackets are (just in case)

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They were all playing a game of charades that was Girls VS Boys so Jerry would give one of them a name of a movie, show, etc. and also keep time so he could tell them when the time was up. When it was Angie's turn to give the clue, Jerry whispers the name of a movie in her ear to give and before she even gives the clue, he says OH THIS ONE FITS ANGIE PERFECTLY. After he said that, Angie kept saying "no it doesn't" and laughed a little but he kept saying it did. So all she does is act out the scene in Psycho from the shower and people get it right away. After they call out the movie, she sits for a minute or 2 and goes inside upset. Basically he said the word Psycho fit her and she felt that everyone viewed her that way.

They were playing charades...jerry was the one that was telling everyone what movie title to act out. He gave Angie 'Psycho' and said something like it's perfect for her. She acted it out...then soon disappeared without a scene...then was discovered crying in her bed.

I don't think people understand that people who grew up in the 30s and 40s saw world wars and the Great Depression. Times were MUCH tougher back then, especially considering how many technological advances we hadn't discovered yet. I doubt you're going to get much sympathy from an older man in the Angie case.

When you put a complete different generation in a house full of young people you're going to have instances like this and plenty of miscommunication as well as Jerry putting his foot in his mouth since he doesn't really know what to say to the "young" crowd.

Oh, and as far as saying my father is from a racist generation, watch what you say about my father. While it wasn't a direct insult it came close and I am VERY protective of my family to the point of being rabid.

yes that was a pretty silly statement about the racist generation, rasism is still living and breathing among us, so it is not held to just one generation.

Jerry simply does not know how to fit in with these kids, they are not going to find humor in his statements, he is tryin too hard to be cool, yet he has not spent enough time around kids this age to know their lingo or their humor. I am 62 and I work with a group or 20 somethings to 30 somethings, and I am the oldest person at my job, I love the kids I work with, they keep me so in tune with what is happening, Jerry has to learn to go with the flow, and learn their lingo. He meant nothing by his comment and when he apologized I did not think he said he was pissed that she would think he was saying that to hurt her, he said his feelings were hurt, that she would think that. Funny how everyone hears things different.

I do not know why everyone wants to dog on Jerry all of a sudden, the whole thing last night was childish and high school, and Angie needs to get a grip.

I think my caring for Jerry is that I love old people and want him to be a good HG so bad. I know that a lot of his actions are misunderstood. I hope he is more careful now because I would like to see him go far.

I really don't think he hurt Angie on purpose. I wish they had cast the old person a little younger. I think 75 years old is pretty hard for him to try to fit in. I know he is trying and it is sometimes misunderstood.

I hope Jerry quits trying to hard to fit in and just act more his age. I think he will still get the respect from a lot of the other HG. (hope)

Does anyone know if Jerry had some kind of throat operation that makes him talk in the high pitched kind of squeak? It's hard to understand. My dad is 75 and doesn't sound like that so I don't think it's just old age.

I'm not complaining about the ages this season king! complaining about the players...but I'm happy they cast a more varied age range. This is not a complaint...but I do wish they'd ahve thrown in a 40 something year old too...just to get a bit more of an equal age range.

His voice is so raspy like he has had throat problems or vocal cord problems.

I do think 75 is a little old and it would have been nice to have a 40 year old and a 60 year old to kind of mesh together.

(but I am happy they went with the age diversity)

I have to add this but am I the only one that chuckled a little when Jerry told Brian on the first episode to make the Xs with his arms to get his attention secretly? I see where he is going with it, meaning that he is looking for a little signal that won't be obvious to get ahold of one another, but wouldn't that draw people's eye to you when you're using your arms to make an X on your chest?

it must be a military sign he never gave up

sad but true, I had hopes for him, but he just does not have the finesse to meld in with the young uns,lolol

Endure... (just got back from doing some stuff)...

Thanks for explaining what happened. It was driving me nuts.

Not to make excuses... but, the poor guy was probably just throwing out some kind of remark...

coulda been 'Here's a good one for Angie' ... knowing acting out the scream scene was a great one

for one of the gals to do.

Oh well... lets wait and see how Jerry does after his HOH is over.

He might fool us all.

That is a great point Elizabeth, no kidding, and his comment really was not meant in any malious way, she just freaked out for no reason. And then Michelle really stirred it up,lol

I know, I've been called a crazy person before and all types of things, and you don't see me crying, and oh well if she did it wouldnt have been a big deal if everyone just left her alone. and like someone mentioned before, jerrys generation is a hell of a lot tougher than this one. and I think that if he knew it would make her cry, he wouldn't have said it.

agreed, plus he really prolly thought he was sayin something sassy to be in with them, lol his humor is lost on them. Angie really went off the deep end over it which made me think she has issues and maybe does not have a thick skin that you need to play this game, ya know?? I have been called cazy among other things right here on this board,lolol and I did not cry, I laughed,lol :giggle:

Archived