Dick Week 9

CeCiMom

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm apologize to those here reading, I wasn't trying to "beat a dead horse" or throw around my "credentials", I was honestly interested in your feedback (which, interestingly enough, while I received a great deal of criticism for my post, I received very little real feedback). After finding out about the Big Brother franchise and what has gone on over the years, I'm seriously considering doing my dissertation on the show when I go back to school next year. I had never heard of it until one of my clients told me about it. (I haven't had a lot of time for TV the past few years). I'm now in the process of trying to purchase or borrow some of the back seasons.

I had forgotten how harsh people on message boards could be.

I'm apologize to those here reading, I wasn't trying to "beat a dead horse" or throw around my "credentials", I was honestly interested in your feedback (which, interestingly enough, while I received a great deal of criticism for my post, I received very little real feedback). After finding out about the Big Brother franchise and what has gone on over the years, I'm seriously considering doing my dissertation on the show when I go back to school next year. I had never heard of it until one of my clients told me about it. (I haven't had a lot of time for TV the past few years). I'm now in the process of trying to purchase or borrow some of the back seasons.

I had forgotten how harsh people on message boards could be.

I don't think you needed to apologize for having an opinion and asking for feedback on that opinion. The problem with message boards in general, is that they contain people (not singling anyone out here) that try and pass opinions on things that are completely subjective as fact. Then when people have a different opinion, they take it out on them.

Some people don't articulate their opinions very well either and just repeat the same thing over and over and come off mean spirited. Whether they are like that in the real world, who knows.

I prefer to joke around and have discussions while trying to respect other peoples opinions, but on the Internet that doesn't always work out with everyone that is around. You just have to ignore those people and with those that take it too far, report them to a moderator of the board.

ellen I don't think anyone was being harsh to you at all. If you had been here earlier you would see that this has been a very heated season of BB for Morty's posters & the majority of the problems have started with a question very similar to yours sSic_fever4.gif Sorry but the subject has been beat to death a bit :grin2:

If you want a plethora of knowledge on all the infighting that has gone on among us check out the archives for BB8. I bet you could get a whole dissertation (or 3) out of those pages & pages & pages indifferent21.gif

If you need an expert opinion on everything that has gone on I am always happy to help as I consider myself to be quite the expert even though nobody else does :animated_rotfl:

I'd like to welcome Ellenelena1. I'm sorry that you were attacked over and over in this thread. Unfortunately, there is a group of people here who feel you are not entitled to express your opinion, and spend their time going from thread to thread telling you to be quiet, not this again, beating a dead horse, etc. Instead of just letting you have your say, and leave you alone, as you are entitled to say what you want to say about the characters on the show. Unlike bashing members, which is not supposed to be allowed here.

So, again, welcome, Ellenelena1.

Ellenelena1 I am sorry if you thought you were being attacked over and over. I am sorry if anyone told you to be quiet. You are certainly allowed to express your opinion. I think people just didn't want to get in the same arguments so we kept it light and funny. Sorry if you are upset. My apologies.

Thanks Jem.

Closing the other Dick thread permanently. (I'll merge both of these tomorrow, after BB airs.)

Posters,

Please keep in mind that there's only a couple dozen of us that live on these boards and everyone else comes and goes periodically. Just because some of us have discussed an issue thoroughly doesn't mean new posters and those that are hesitant to make their first posts don't want to talk about their views/opinions.

If a thread is discussing something you've already said all you can say, then move onto a different topic/thread. You know how it goes around here... 1 thread can change subjects umpteen times in a day. Come back later when you have some thing to contribute to the discussion.

Remember if you want to banter and have a little fun. Please use the OT (off-topic) threads. All are welcome there and many of Morty's "old-timers" use it regularly to be silly and or get to know each other better.

Thank you.

So, let's get back to talking about Dick. The floor is yours...

I for one haven't said as much this season as I normally do been very very busy this summer lol and have barely had enough time just to read stuff but simply put I love Dick!!!!

Does anyone else think that BB is giving Dick an unfair advantage by allowing him into the BY to smoke, while everyone else has to stay in? Oh, pardon me...DANIELE was also allowed out to do laundry. They have everything set up for tonight. Dick's already seen that one thing probably has to do with the POV...so now it's obvious it's a double eviction.

I'm in the camp that thinks that D&D have had an advantage in this game from the start.

From what I read on the live feeds, Dick is allowed outside to smoke, and Daniele was allowed outside to do laundry, but BB yelled at Jameka when she attempted to peek out of the darkened windows. She would have seen (blurred from the windows of course) exactly what Dick is ALLOWED to see every time he goes outside.

BB has been giving Dick and Danielle an unfair advantage from the very beginning, why is this time so shocking??

Well I don't think the other HG are handing the game to Dick or Daniele. I think they are all trying to win the game. If they think aligning with D&D then they do. I think from here on out we are going to see a lot of hustle to win. We might even see a Donato leave tonight.

I recall a lot of LD's when Dick was not allowed outside to smoke. Unless someone heard BB tell the HG's that ONLY Dick & Dani could go outside, I'm going to assume that BB didn't give anyone special treatment. I do know they were reprimanded for discussing whatever they saw in the backyard.

I think this season of BB has been tweaked in various ways due to the AP factor. It helped the Donatos, it helped Eric, and it saved Zach on more than one occasion. Jameka might have been gone sooner as well. I have hated some seasons of BB, this wasn't one of them.

Just from reading the awesome live feeders, Jam was told to stop looking outside, but Dick has been given full access to go "smoke".

WTF! if this is true... (i dont know, i didnt have my feeds up) that certainly is NOT right. dick has never been allowed to go outside when their was an indoor lockdown.. so why now?

So he can figure out it's a double eviction week.

If they really wanted to give Dick some smoking time, why not stretch a tarp over the porch or give him a tent? Why let him look, even if it is for "two minutes".

Besides, BB should just give him a couple of patches and tell him to suck it up.

Most of the HG's got a look at what was set up, and then BB told them to stop discussing it. They were kept from the backyard after their initial look at it. Then there were a few calls to the DR. Presumeably when the DR told them all they had to stay inside, but Dick & Dani could go out. :animated_scratchchin:

A quick smoke takes about 5 to 7 minutes for me. Thats more than enough time to take in everything you see and figure it out later. I saw Dani go outside to do her laundry and thought the LD was over. Interesting that she and Dick are given special consideration. Things that make you go hmmm.

Archived