Dick Week 8

OmegaBetaZeta

Hi All. This is my first post ever and I've been a member for 2 yrs. now!

I just want to say that like some of you, I don't agree with all Dick's actions but I can't help but find myself rooting for him.

I would hope that should he make it to final 2 the jury would award him the money simply because of how he defied all the odds to make it there and what a great strategist he has proven himself to be. JMHO.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The emotional-filled jury would be even funnier if they had to chose between Dick and Eric, especially if Amber, Jam and Zach are picked off. They have to chose between the guy that tormented them or the alliance partner that turned on them. Jeez, how do you decide.

Hi jen adams and welcome!

I'm not convinced that Dick really has that much of a strategy, although I do give him credit for having more than Danielle.

I really think that his behavior in the house is just who he is and that he never intended to use his personality as his strategy. In other words, Dick would be exactly how he's been regardless of the strategy he might have used. I think it's just Dick being Dick. On some occasions, I think he did choose to do particular things (like the week he was trying to save Danielle, for example) and the decision to pair up with Eric and Jessica.

His bullying and outing any and all alliances, however, I do not see as strategy at all.

How could bullying and outing alliances not be strategy? He effectively destroyed every aliance that he was not a part of, and even a couple that he was the result being that they could not get him out of the house. If this is not strategy, then what is?

On another note, I just found a thread in another forum where Vincent (Dick's son and Dani's brother) posts and answers some questions. The thread is quite long, but there are some interesting things in it. Probably already been posted here but I had never seen it so please don't flame me.

http://survivorsucks.yuku.com/topic/4866/t...t--.html?page=1

He railed on Kail right before the POV competition to unnerve her & she was so rattled that the glass fell off her head in under a minute. There's one example of strategy.

I also think he is using the I am an ahole strategy so you can beat me in final 2 (without having to say it out loud).

There are more but I don't feel like typing a novel today :grin2:

p.s... welcome to Morty's jen adams :animated_wave:

I don't think he outed any alliance that everyone didn't know about. At the time of the MRA, that was the only alliance. The problem with this group of HG's is no one, besides Eric, is really sneaky.

The only reason I don't want Dick to win, is because th poor man would probably take the check and deposit it into Danielle's account.

While I have no doubt that Dani would get some of the check if Dick wins, she will not get it all. I think that Dicks son would get a bigger chunk that her since they ar ecloser and he doesn't seem to have anything bad to say about him. Although I guess Dick could try to buy her love.

While I have no doubt that Dani would get some of the check if Dick wins, she will not get it all. I think that Dicks son would get a bigger chunk that her since they ar ecloser and he doesn't seem to have anything bad to say about him. Although I guess Dick could try to buy her love.

Who knows? Dick could pull a "See ya around, Danielle" and once again become estranged. Or vice versa. Nah, I still think they are in cahoots.

Hey Dick!

On BBAD just now, you went and soought Dani out because she has been ignoring you or "snotty" to you all day. She tried to just ignore you, but again you pressed and tried to get a reaction out of her.

Here is the conversation:

Dick (walking into bedroom that Dani is in alone and folding clothes, minding her own business)

Dick: That comment was obviously not directed at you. It was going to extremes....making a joke was all.......It wasn't......you didn't have to make a comment, but you did anyway, and it's like everything else (mumble/combine words) single thing that I say and single thing that I do, you have something to say about it, or you have like a really crappy response or something, and it's just really been getting to me all day long. It's like I can't say anything without getting attitude and I can't even understand it.

(Dani keeps folding clothes and ignoring him.....most people would take this as a signal to leave, but not our good ole Dick)

Dick: (glancing up to make sure the camera is on the two of them) Am I here? Or are you just going to ignore me?

Dani: (sounding frustrated) What do you want me to say?

Dick: k, see I'm talking nice to you and the first thing you have to say to me is really crappy, with a crappy tone, and a crappy attitude. Why can't you just talk to me?

Silence from Dani, still folding clothes like a madwoman

Dick: (not able to understand that when someone ignores you they want you to go away) Why can't you just talk to me?

Dani: (Sounding frustrated still) What would you like me to say to you?

Dick: I would like to have a discussion. Ya know I was in such a crappy mood all day long (clears throat) twice ya did it to me that I just like went to bed and I'm just like forget it, I don't even wanna deal with her (Dani interrupts here)

Dani: Well then don't hang around with me since I put you in such a crappy mood.

Dick: Well you did today! (no response from Dani) and it's not like I'm hanging around with you there's 7 people here

Dani (annoyed): OK! Well, you're hanging around right now and I'm (Dick tries to interrupt and say no, I'm not) not trying to put anyone in a crappy mood ok?!

Dick: Ya wanna yell anymore? You wanna have any shitty....anymore shitty things to say? Any more shitty attitude you wanna throw at me? (Dani is walking away and out of the room completely fed up and saying "Oh God") Can't you speak to me like a normal person instead of like such a snot?

Dick (to himself): The answer is no.

End quote (and that is exactly how it happened)

Hmmmm, just go back and look at that conversation. Did Dick give anyone that he has targeted over the weeks the courtesy of anything he requested? Dick never gave a shit about what people thought.

Go back to the above and picture Jen, or Kail, or Dustin for the same courtesy that Dick is asking for. And then look at how HE treated them. Dani just walked away, Jen (until the last week, after taking it the longest) just smiled and laughed it off, Kail did about the same, Dustin never let it get to him.

But somehow, by choosing to walk away and not encourage him, the rest all are hated, Dani and Dick are still loved.

What am I missing?

Dep

here is what I think you are missing, yes he did follow her, but only because he is desperate for her attention whether it be negative attention or positive attention, he really wants to make up with her and have a relationship but he does not know how. Dick is emotionally stunted thru who knows what, and tonight I have to say Daniele really was a little brat to him, he is not the most conventional father, but he really is pulling for her and this is sad, she knows it and is using it, he is so desperate for her love that he is willing to buy it by getting her to final 2 if he can. He is harsh and sooo unpolished and does not know how to be patient, we do not know the whole history, and I usually defend her(Dani), but tonight I think he deserved a little sugar, not the venom she spewed his way. The man has no tact, but I do not think his remark was meant to put her or any other waitress down. It is a sad situation, anyway Daniele was upset all day because she did not get to see Nick, did not even know he was there at Power of ten, and she shed a tear over it, so she took her bad frame of mind out on her dad.

I think Dick's pent-up anger/frustration that he always has building up inside of him needs a target. Since no one else has done anything to make them his target, he is going to end up going off on Daniele, as he probably did her whole life (at least according to her descriptions of how he acted toward her and her brother). Unless someone else in the house upsets Dick, I predict that he'll end up going off the deep end and going off on Daniele. If Jessica would have backdoored Daniele this week, that would have given Dick two people to scream at, but since everything is going his way in the game, he has to find something personal to aim it at. That's my take on it, Dep, and I don't think you are missing anything.

I think it has not so much to do with being pent up, if ED is pent up it is because Daniele is treating him really bad, and it probably hurts his feelings, oh yeah and I know every one thinks the man has no feelings, but that is so off the mark. Daniele who I have not really had much problem with, does mostly ignore every one, but ED the most. And even when he just tries to have the smallest of conversation she talks to him like he is scum, I do not give a rats ass about the rift between them, they are stuck in that house and she could do her part in trying to be nice for the duration, not just to play nice with him but she is playing the game and certainly not influencing any one with the attitude she has displayed lately. I do not think ED is going to go off on her, he has already showed great patience where she is concerned, and up until last night has not said much about how she treats him, yes he is frustrated, but he will not go off on her, and if I am wrong I will come back here and eat crow.

Every one is so fast to just write ol Dick off like he is sooo bad, so abusive, like he has no heart. I think all of that is defense on his part and I do see a flip side to him, a much softer side. If one of my kids talked to me the way she(Dani) has been speaking to him, I would have said much more, and sooner than he has. I have 4 grown children, and there have been times when we have been on the outs, but that never gave them a free disrespectful ride and a free ticket to treat me like crap. The really upsetting fact is that Daniel knows that ED has her back, that he is supporting her in this game, and she is taking full advantage and using him to get to the final 2, she thinks she would win over him, not sure about that. It is not nice to take and take, and not give at least a kind word and some conversation with him that is not dripping in sarcasim and disgust. I do not think ED is a heartless bastard, I do think Daniele is a spoiled brat. I think some of ED's habits are disgusting and would want to change those things about him, but I do believe in trying to see the good in people along with the bad, then you either accept them warts and all or go your own way.

Dani has been so nasty to Dick since she went out of the house for the Power of 10...like it's Dick's fault she didn't get to see her precious Nick. Listening to Dick cry over their fight recently really made me feel bad for him. He's far from perfect, and I guess he was never easy to grow up with, but I think he genuinely wants to have a good relationship with Dani, or at least a better one. As much as she fights him, he continues to play this game for her benefit, he protects her, and would give up the money without any hesitation if it meant she could win it. I think winning a better relationship with his daughter means more to Dick than winning anything on BB.

Again, he's far from perfect, but I see him trying so hard to make progress with her, but she pulls back over every little thing she can. She's obviously punishing him for all the wrong he may have done to her in her life, but I think at 21 years old, she should have a little bit of maturity to give him a chance to make things better between them. JMO

For his abusive behavior towards Jen, Kail and Dustin, I think Dick deserves a little pain. But Danielle doesn't know when to quit. When I think he's had enough, i will start feeling bad for him. Until then, him taking Danielle off the block is costing him more than he realizes.

Fatcat, I am so in agreement with everything you said concerning Dick and Daniele. Dick does not know how to handle the situation in the right way. Quite frankly, I don't think there is anything he can do to please Daniele. She is a complete brat and needs to grow up and only therapy will help this situation which she doesn't seem interested in. I have serious doubts that Dick did anything so bad that she can't talk about it. I really think, for Daniele, it's all about her, and she enjoys the attention and sympathy she receives over the situation. Dick is/was a very unconventional Dad and admits to not always having done the right thing. But the important part is, he wants to. Should he have to change who he is to please her? I think Dani needs to accept him for who he is, and that he will always love her. Her grandmother isn't going to live forever. Her friend will get married and have her own life as a priority. Dani has totally cut her self off from everyone else, and is going to regret it if she doesn't learn to forgive.

I grew up in a family with a alcoholic father, who was mentally abusive. He got the alcoholism under control and although I can't forget, I have forgiven. My parents, like all parents, do the best they can. We all make mistakes. Dani, in my opinion is the abusive one now. Two wrongs don't make it right.

And I do not agree that Dick will go off on her. I too will eat crow if I'm wrong.

I've said in other threads on this board, more than once, that Daniele should make an effort to be nicer to her father and accept him as he is, because he won't be around forever. I feel she is a spoiled brat, too, who needs to learn how to get along with people when things aren't going all her own way.

My feelings about Dick losing it down the road are my feelings about him, and his behavior. He is a grown man and can control his own behavior, just as Daniele can control her behavior. So, they are two separate things, even though they feed off each other. My point in all of this is that Dick, especially with the added stress of Daniele's spoiled behavior, has pent-up frustration and anger that he needs to release. In the past, he has had scapegoats in the house for this. At this time, he has no scapegoat, as things are going his way gamewise. Unless someone comes to him with some story of someone backstabbing him or something, I think he'll go off on Daniele as a release valve for his anger management problem. Of course, he backstabs just like the rest of them, if not more, but he will get angry if he finds out anyone backstabbed him, so he'll go off on that person. If that doesn't happen, then Daniele will probably be the one who is the recipient of his stress-induced meltdown, eventually.

Dick may go off on Daniele out of frustration. But I do not think he will be abusive in the way he was to the others. This IS his daughter after all. He has shown, to me anyway, a lot of restraint with her. If she was my daughter and talked to me that way, I would have gone off on her by now, no matter how old she was.

I do think that for the remainder of the time, he should just let it go and stick to the game. Give her time to think without being in her face about it all the time.

Archived