So The Blacks Only Get One Person

uvp

ok.. Vj... you WIN, YOU WIN!

that should really put an end to this thread.. really it should. makes sense to me. well.. numbers and all.

common sense too. some people get too into it, take things too personal. if i was an eskimo.. i guess i would be saying.. "hey! they never have an eskimo!" but then again, there arent that many eskimos out there.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply
First, there were two African-Americans on BB1, Will Mega and Cassandra. Just wanted to set the record straight.

OK I just want to say that I did say IF I remember correctly... That meant that I really wasn't sure...

I'm surprise you aren't bitchin' you want more ferrets...

well comeon crappy, i have been doing that for the last few years. i want the house to have a pet ferret.. but its illegal in california. booooooo! hisssss! and just like uvp, there is NOTHING i can do about it!

P.S. i am up to 3 ferrets now crappy.

:stop: How the heck am I suppose to know that the slop will continue....have your little fun with me go ahead, but I bet slop is gone anyway. Someone should have listened to my last years suggestions of bread and water. This lot hg don't deserve any more than that except Nick - he should have any thing he damn pleases. :ciao

:Quote: "I'm surprise you aren't bitchin' you want more ferrets..."

Leave Fizzle out of this!

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<,

Carol could be of another ethnicity that has a natural tan and so what?

UVP does not represent "The Blacks" and cannot speak for all of us. The title of the thread is intentionally controversial, which I have come to believe was his intent.

I for one love reality TV even with its lack of diversity. I tend to start out hoping the minority players do well until they piss me off (Will Mega, Autumn, Ivette and Beau to name a few).

Fizzle, you mentioned Eskimos.

Yes, why DON'T they have any Eskimos?

Actually I'm thinkin' that if they combine stuff, it would be a lot easier to represent more minorities--f'rinstance, a black person who is also gay.

I dont think the colour of your skin is going to determine winning and loosing. Its odd but most of us Canadian when we talk about people we never say *the black woman down the street or man. We always just say* that woman down the street*..My grand doesnt even know there is races, she just thinks we look different. So perhaps we can all act like five year olds and enjoy the season!

Peace Out folks.

Carol could be of another ethnicity that has a natural tan and so what?

UVP does not represent "The Blacks" and cannot speak for all of us. The title of the thread is intentionally controversial, which I have come to believe was his intent.

I for one love reality TV even with its lack of diversity. I tend to start out hoping the minority players do well until they piss me off (Will Mega, Autumn, Ivette and Beau to name a few).

What!?! UVP is not your official spokesperson? Damn, I was using him as my guide to all things African-American...

guess that is the difference between up there and down here.... :animated_scratchchin:

some people were raised with blinders on and some were not. i myself am color blind... but that doesnt stop me from describing someone as "you know, the black girl in my office?" or " you know, the old lady down the street" or "the stinky guy down the hall"

how else are we to tell each other apart if we cant describe someone? there are a lot of people that live down the street, but maybe only one stinky guy, one black lady, and one old lady. ya know?

Evel, not sure what part of Canada you're from, but I see people described by their skin color all the time.

You're talking about someone, and you're asked: "Who's she?". So you describe her--and NOT just by color. You could say she's got long brown hair, or she's plump, or very tall, or walks with a limp, or talks in a loud voice, or wears cool clothes, or is very funny, or is shy and quiet, or is very pretty, etc.

Mentioning someone's color is only one of many ways to describe them--but it absolutely IS one identifying factor. Not racist, just descriprtive.

And being Canadian doesn't change that.

Color me color blind.

My sweetie is Native American. It is funny I never think about people as a race or color. I just think about them as people. I was thinking about that yesterday when Jack and I were at the book store. They had all these really neet books on Native Americans and their history. I thought ... Oh ya Jack might like that book.

My point is I think many many people don't focus on color.

Anyway............ I'm hoooooooooooooooome.

Welcome home Marty... I am sure you had a wonderful time though... I agree with you.dv.. I never think about color... I also agree though that I will describe someone using it though... The black lady in sales, or the Asian guy in shipping... It's just a natural thing I guess... I am sure that someone that isn't white would describe a white person as that white lady down the road too...Although I am 50% Native American myself I still describe myself as white...

Archived