So The Blacks Only Get One Person

uvp

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think they probably have more white than black because that's the demographic they're trying to reel in. Mostly white people watch BB (and I'm talking a lot of racist ppl probably, in the midwest and South it's still rampant, not to mention everywhere) so why would they wanna watch a bunch of black ppl? Hard answer is they wouldn't. A few is fine, but if it's a majority of minorities, it's automatically a show for minorities. At least, in terms of reality tv. Anyway, if you think about it, other minorities don't really have their own culture as much anymore. Think about survivor. Everyone on that show was there to show that if they were asian they weren't automatically good at math, and if they were black they didn't eat fried chicken for every meal, etc. Everyone wants to be accepted by the US society and unfortunately that's all about the blonde white ppl.

But let's not let this ruin our enjoyment of BB. They are bound by the same cultural rules as we are. They know what they're doing, and what they're doing trying to get good ratings. So if you hate what they're doing (racially) I suggest you vote with your feet and not watch it. Be proactive. Don't just complain about it, do something about it if you feel that strongly. If you get a majority of their viewers to agree with you - you can move mountains. It's all about money, so try to hit them where it hurts.

Mostly white people watch BB (and I'm talking a lot of racist ppl probably,

:faint:

now.. i know you did not just say that mostly a lot of white racist people watch BB! omg... now THAT will start another 10 pages of conflicts.

:::::::backs outta thread:::::::::::::::

:giggle: i just noticed that CeCi is from Bubbasville ... i am thinking that might be a joke.. but maybe not. ?
Well, that's how I refer to where I live... as you can imagine it's tough being an open-minded liberal in the heart of Bubbasville, Tx. :animated_rotfl:

But, I digress... back on topic. Who's Marty visiting... enquiring minds want to know!!! :) J/K

marty is visiting Jack.. jack is her boyfriend. he has a beautiful backyard and he also has dogs as does marty. they take lots of pics of the dogs.

he is a cop. so dont go messing around in california..

he loves marty and marty loves him. they like to spend the weekends together (they dont live that close) and now that bb is coming, they wont see much of each other cause marty is hooked

have i gossiped too much?

Actually, I disagree with Cajun (one of the rare times). I don't think this thread should be locked--it's now become a thread where everything and nothing is talked about--cool.

And Fizzle, good, concise but comprehensive, report on Marty's love life.

Grade: A-

I'm #12 (I'm about to overtake Crappy)

It's quality, not quantity boys and girls, and crappy always delivers the goods.

Hey UVP, no offense, but other than you do black people even watch Big Brother? Maybe that's why only one got cast.

Ya know what I'm sayin'...aight! :lol:

This whole frigging thread is ridiculous. JMO

This whole friggin' thread is what internet message boards were invented for...ya know what I'M sayin'?

Forgive me for being obsessive-compulsive, I can't help myself. As I browsed this thread there were a couple of things I wanted to correct. First, there were two African-Americans on BB1, Will Mega and Cassandra. Just wanted to set the record straight.

Second, someone said that 1 in 14 was not a fair representation of the African-American population. Technically that is true, but if we split hairs two would be too many. According to the last census, Black or African American makes up 12.3% of the population. That would be 1.722 out of 14. We would also need 0.126 of an American Indian or Alaska Native, 0.504 of an Asian, and 0.014 of a Hawaiian or Pacific Islander. They would have to find 0.336 of a person who is two or more races and 0.77 of a person who considers himself to be "Other". For those doing the math, that leaves 10.514 White people. None of these figures takes into account people of Hispanic or Latino origin because that is not considered a race under Census rules. 1.75 of the people would have to be of Latino or Hispanic origin among the various races listed. I could give the the Hispanic breakdown by race, but I will spare you those details.

Do I have a point with this? Not really. Is more diversity needed? Of course. Should there be quotas? Probably not.

Archived