BB 8: The House

To answer me own question, probably not!

Anyhow, what changes would you like to see made to the house this year?

I've suggested changes as part of a Rich-Poor format before, but let's be realistic - it's highly unlikely they'll go down that route.

It's even highly unlikely they'll change the basic houseplan at all, after all during the five years at the old house apart from the switching the HoH room and diary room in BB5, they did little more than redecorate the house each year. And even when they did relocate, apart from the addition of the HoH suite upstairs, the ground floor layout was little more than a mirrored version of the old house.

It be great if they gutted out the place and tried something completly different - perhaps even more open plan so less space for plotting - or the complete opposite of seperating the living area into clearly seperate rooms for the HGs to divide themselves in.

However, in reality the changes are likely to be much more basic. I would like to see the backyard made a bit more homely and bit less like a brick box - a touch of landscaping wouldn't do any harm!

I think the HoH suite should stay put, but a glass wall would be really effective up there - perhaps making it a two-way mirror so the HoH can see out, but the HGs can not see in. A jacuzzi in the HoH suite be pretty good too.

I think for one year perhaps they should ditch the idea of seperate bedrooms and just have the one large bedroom - so only the HoH has the advantage of seperating themselves from others in the group.

Not much to be done with the bathroom I suppose, but the gym is a bit on the small side.

I guess the round nominations dining table will remain whatever, but surely there is another way of setting up the lounge rather than just the two nominees chairs and a couple of sofas! I liked the round couch in BB4 - or even the one they had outside last year - just something that looks a bit different for a change.

Finally, the front of the house - and specifically the studio. Surely they could do something a bit more exciting with it rather than a couple fake windows and a plasma!

Anyhow, any more ideas about the house?

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I say they make 1 HUGE open room and then 1 bathroom area still -- for the open room have the kitchen, dining room, living room, and bed rooms all in there so nobody can plot in secret. but if they have the gym then maybe have that in another room too!! so 3 rooms total!!! that would be fun!!

I hope they add ME to the house, but it is really doubtful. I went to an open casting in NC and the producer said he really liked me - but no callback. DAMN!!!!!!!!

I still have my video and application in from before the open casting so there is a snowball's chance in hell that someone will think I'd be ok as a houseguest - but I'm not holding my breath. Instead, I think I'll go get trashed! :food-smiley-005:

Yes, having less hiding spots would be better. The past two years, with the new house, even with so many people in the house, they can still spread out and hide! With the old, smaller house, they had to be more sneaky about where to talk about the game.

How about locking up all the bedrooms and you can't use them til you find the keys to them in the house.

I like that idea. But when BB had the whole secret room idea and pumped it up to be something fabulous....it's discovery was really pretty anticlimatic.

If they plan something like this again, they need to make the clues more difficult don't you think?

I'd like it if the producers would go to their fanbase and tweak things from our insights. In the CC line, EVERY person said the CBS sponsored chatrooms were annoying when trying to get updates or even to have a discussion with all the trolls. That's how I ended up @ Morty's back during BB4.

Oftentimes, this forum is more addictive and interesting than the show itself. Wouldn't it be cool if they mined the most active boards like this for not only ideas, but HGs? I'd LOVE to see a house with blahblahblah and dumbblonde going @ it. No boring season there! :party_smilie:

• 4 weeks later...

Well, that's the point K123... They have only once really done anything to the house more than a paint job and that is when they moved it and added a second floor, and really that wasn't much of a change...

I like the way the Austrilian BB HOH room is. It is a two way mirror that the HG can't see in. However, the HOH has no control over it, sometimes the HOH can see out, sometimes the HOH can't. I like that idea. Although with 2 stories I don't guess it would work too well. Hmmmm.... I do think the bedroom should just be one big room. No Gold room, it should be a dungon or something for punishment, like what Dani had to do last year. I don't think there'd be anything wrong with plants and stuff outside.

I would like to see them do more with the outdoor area. Perhaps a great deck with a hot tub, BBQ grill and nice flowers and plants instead of just a boring patio. Maybe a volleyball court or horseshoe pit or something. Anything but the same old boring stuff. Also add a separate laundry room for the washer and dryer.

gameplay > house design

I hope they do something inventive with the Gold (BB6) room. I think they should totally deck it out and have a luxury competition for it to be opened. Hm...other than that I don't see anything too amazing happening. Put something new + entertaining in the yard.

I think they should hire a housemother. She could be there for anything the houseguests need or want and to intervene if there are any problems. She could also make sure that no rules are broken. She would live in a luxurious room with everything anyone could want--plasma tv, video games, fully stocked refrigerator, etc. And, I would be glad to volunteer for the job.

yeah Katie... may of us would love to do that.. and the house mom get to call penalties on the bad one.. lol

I do hope the take $200 from the total prize pack every time on of them sings or uses the f* word !!!

I was thinking that..but what about if it's final 2 and one KNOWS s/he can't win and just goes around singing the f word and dropping fbombs until there's no money left?

Archived