Libra

Jem

I honestly don't think she would try out for another reality show, at least not for awhile. I think with BB things just fell into place for her. The "auditions" (or whatever they are called) were in Houston, you didn't have to have any amazing talents...just a strong personality. Plus, as everyone knows, she has a family and they rely on her income. I can't imagine she would do it again any time soon. Now...if she gets any OFFERS that come out of BB, you better BELIEVE she will be all over that!

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wow, so some of our instincts are correct. Welcome to Morty's Scarlet.

I don't see Libra as intimidating the other women, I just see her not taking any guff from the "alpha" males. I don't see her enabling anyone, either.

Libra had jumped on April for trusting Ollie. Libra jumped on Keesha for talking to Angie. She has jumped on Angie for talking to Brian. She tries to control everything in her little alliance and those around her. I think she knows she needs to step back a little because she has been called out a couple time on her control issues. She tries to intimidate the other woman but I see them as maybe breaking out at some time. I can see from the fight last night that they will not take any crap from each other.

Yes she is the most controlling person in the house.

Cappy Cappy Cappy

i still dont get why hg are afraid of her

it amazes me how some folks can take submissive role so easily

if i was in that house libra would be making me breakfast each morning :lol:

I believe it UPV,lolol

thats her husband problem he probably is afraid to put his foot down

me my foot would be in her azz :D

Libra & the group of 3 women including April & Keesha don't seem to know how to think things through at all...

They simply react to whatever information they discover.

Sure, Brian was being cocky & acting like he was the greatest master mind telling the girls they were safe, but the girl's reaction was really dumb... I can't blame Angie for wanting to stay as far away from them as possible.

They are on self destruct mode.

Libra & the girl's reaction to Brian's news was........KILL THE MESSENGER!...

Say there's a sinking ship & a guy runs around the ship yelling:" THE SHIP IS SINKING! "

Libra & Keesha would react by saying.." Throw him overboard...he's trying to control everything!"

Memphis played too hard in the veto comp & Brian was very right to want Memphis out. Memphis wasn't even on the line & he played harder than the whole group.

Eventually Brian's big head would have been kicked out anyway.....He is NO Dr.Will.

Not 1 person since Dr.Will has learned from Dr.Will. Dr.Will knew people come into the show with big egos, & he knew the best way to play was to sit back & let the big egos swell & blow up on their own...

Dr.Will knew is was important to be liked by being humble & being himself. Dr.Will was never overzealous in front of fellow house guests. He paid attention to each person & got to know them carefully (so he could figure out each person's weakness) while enjoying the ride. Being cool, laid back. Having fun. He knew big ego was code for getting yourself kicked out quick........unless you have a sexy daughter to win all the competitions for you....

Most passed season's HGs knew the best way to play is to lay low the first few weeks & let the noisy people self destruct.

These women know nothing of that.

Poor Danielle... She should have won... "I hate Dick, but I'll give him the money cause he played the game." DID DANIELLE NOT PLAY A BETTER GAME and she was nicer to everyone! Ugh... By far Danielle played a better Physical game...

Back on BB10... Wasn't Keesha just lying though to "fit in" like about hating Angie and the Brian thing?

I don't get the Libra/ Cappy comparison either. If anyone from that season, I would pair her with Kaysar. Loved him, but he was completely overrated as a player. Libra, IMO, is smart and knows the game, but in the end, will be unfullfilling to watch.

IMO, her reaction to Brian's "this is how it's gonna be" speech wasn't "kill the messenger". Brian said, "Memphis is going up and will be evicted because I told Jerry what to do and Jerry does what I say." He WAS trying to be DrWill and Libra knew what that meant for her. Brian WAS going to go after the strong guys that could have been in her alliance and then Brian/Dan/Steven would run the tables.

I do see Libra and April either really really getting along or really really not getting along. They're both smart, opinionated and have just tasted power.

Cappy TRIED to bully people and had a mouth. So does Libra. And she's a whiner too. She lays in that bed ranting, bitching and whining to anyone stupid enough to listen. And when she's ran out of things to gripe about for herself she red flags things for someone else.

Cappy was an annoying nit and Libra is as well. Their gameplay doesn't have to be paralleled to make them both bossy pain in the asses.

Most passed season's HGs knew the best way to play is to lay low the first few weeks & let the noisy people self destruct.

These women know nothing of that.

i agree they are noisy off the back

Obviously when I tried to make my point that Libra's leaving her children COULD BE a choice she made to HELP her children, I failed. Sarcasm doesn't translate well in print and even less so when I'm trying to be brief.

People were ripping on Libra, calling her a bad mother, etc. which is why I posted what I did on July 14.

Some people took offense to that "I do not have to give the girl a break, I may later after I see who she really is, but I can have my opinionated opinion about her leavin the babies,lol,", "I don't understand how she can leave 2 babies and toddler. She has zero contact with them and does not know what is going on in their lives for the duration of her time on BB", "I may think she is nice and beautiful and have some good qualities but motherhood is not one of them. I do have a right to my opinion on that" "being deployed to war is differnet thatn being deployed to the BB house. I agree, it is important to be with the kids, she most definately is missing a lot of what will happen with them and how much they will change," "there is nothing wrong with a dad being a care giver, I just do not get leaving your babies to go on a reality tv show, chances she will bring home the bacon are not that good." "I would not leave my family (sm children) to come on this show. I am tired of defending my opinion so I am moving on with it.", "Even tho I do not agree with her leavin the babies, she is not stupid, and I think she has some common sense which will help her out. "

The tone of those responses made it seem like the posters were proud of standing in judgement of people who leave their children behind in the hopes of making money for their future. All I could think of was some poor soldier in Iraq or Afghanistan grabbing some time on the Net might cruise onto this board to read comments like that. At least Libra won't have to read the venom spewed about mothers leaving their babies until she's out of the house. A soldier very easily could read things like that while still deployed (Big Brother fans aren't exempt from military service) so I wrote a brief sarcastic comeback to the comments TRYING to say the following:

1. Holding the opinion that you'd never leave your child is valid. Judging Libra or anyone else for doing so is NOT an opinion - it is JUDGEMENTAL! "I could never leave my child" is an opinion, "She is a bad mother for leaving her child" is a JUDGEMENT!!!!
  2. Times are hard right now and money is tight. Is it so out of the realm of possibility that Libra chose to go on the show to earn money for her children's future when THOUSANDS of young men and women are joining the Reserves to make ends meet???? Reserves are also called "Weekend Warriors" because ideally they give up one weekend a month for training in return for a little extra cash. VERY FEW enlist in the Reserves hoping to be deployed to a war zone, yet EVERY Reserve knows full well they can be deployed at any time. When a Reserve is deployed, they lose their pay from their main job and oftentimes are paid FAR LESS than they would earn had they been home. In other words, a DECISION they made in the hopes of HELPING their family's financial picture, could in fact HURT their family's finances.

btw:Some families of deployed soldiers are on foodstamps, for crying out loud and that's on us as taxpayers, NOT on them. Those deployed in warzones should be given MORE pay, not less.

3. Judging a mother for how long she leaves her children with their father makes about as much sense as judging a father for how long he leaves his children with their mother. The Army doesn't care if the soldier is a mom or dad when they send them away to a war zone for a year or two. When a soldier is deployed, they are deployed A LOT longer than three months - and some never return home. It makes me wonder if people would have their shorts in such a knot if Libra's husband had gone into the house instead of her. What if both of them had gone in and the babies had been left with a grandparent? That happens a lot in the military when both parents are active duty.

In other words, my point (though poorly made) was that while everyone makes economic choices for their families, it isn't our place to be judgemental about those who sacrifice to do so, especially when thousands of our fellow citizens are faced with a far more agonizing and dangerous choice. Opinions are one thing, but standing in judgement of another person's choice is quite another thing altogether, ESPECIALLY when you DON'T KNOW THEM or why they made the choice they did.

Yana and WickedOne, NO offense was meant. In my attempt to defend Libra from those judging her for exercising her right to make choices for her family, I wasn't clear. I hope my purpose is clear now. Maybe I should have just said "Until you walk a mile in their moccasins, :shutup: !"

Oh, and WickedOne, I'm retiree and female.

She is NOT on the show for the $$$....she is an attention stalker and would love to get FAMOUS from this. She is flat-out lying when she talks about wanting to win the money! She wants to "make it big".

Tell us something we don't know. :)

Welcome to Morty's

Listen Surfgranny, that was my post you decided to rip apart, which I really do not care, but you certainly did not get what I said, I question her choices, am not judging her, it has not a darn thing to do with the military, nothing, or other instances that might take man or woman away from their children, My opinion is that I do not know HOW Libra could leave her children to go on a reality based game show. Where does iraq and afghanistan come into any of this??? I also question her choices saying it is a chance to better things for her kids, she is an entertainer who is hoping for a singing career, which has been confirmed by someone who seemingly knows her in this very form last night.

fighting in a war?? Going on a reality game show????? the 2 instances do not even come close to being the same. I was a single mother who raised 4 children on my own, which meant huge sacrfices, but it would not have included a game show as a way to possibly bring home the bacon, not my style, it may be hers, to each his own, but I believe in my opinion I question who could or would do that, evidently Libra.

lolol, hey I started waiting tbls when my kids were young because it affored me more time with them and more flexability, I left nursing school to do so, it worked out great and some 28 yrs later I am still doing that , but recently I have decided I may go back and finish my nursing, just to say I can and I did, it is never too late.

Somehow I would never picture Libra doing any such a thing or working so hard, today is my younngest daughters birthday, she is the baby and 31 , time so flies, and I am happy for every age that I had with her, just sayin.

Archived