Amber Week 4

CeCiMom

go ahead and make excuses for her crying, i dont care to diagnose her, just hate her

her crying is done selfishly, she steals away someone else's rightly earned unhappiness and cries louder/longer/with more tear volume than the person that should be crying and they end up feeling it necessary to console HER

puke

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

right.. very true. something is very off about her.

while she was "calming down" last night in the big bedroom with jameka, she heard everyone else out in the kitchen having a good time... and it was killing her. she finally asked jameka what they were doing. so even when she is not wanting to be with the group, she still has to know what they are doing. and it seemed to bother her that they were having fun while she was "suffering"

i dont feel sorry for her, i think a lot of it is brought onto herself. and not for nothing, but she DID apply to be on the show, knowing that she has issues.

No excuses, just a discussion. We observe them (because they sign a contract) and talk about what we see.

I have no room for hate...she is most certainly dislikeable due to her behaviors, but I do not know her personally so I have to reserve strong emotional feelings for people I know.

right.. very true. something is very off about her.

while she was "calming down" last night in the big bedroom with jameka, she heard everyone else out in the kitchen having a good time... and it was killing her. she finally asked jameka what they were doing. so even when she is not wanting to be with the group, she still has to know what they are doing. and it seemed to bother her that they were having fun while she was "suffering"

i dont feel sorry for her, i think a lot of it is brought onto herself. and not for nothing, but she DID apply to be on the show, knowing that she has issues.

Okay, let's throw paranoid into her diagnosis too. lol

I definately thin she has depression, and I think her drug addiction has a lot to do with it, you don't just quit drugs and say ok, I'm cured now, it is an ongoing process. Most people have some sort of 12 step program, or a shrink, she is in the crazy BB house, this is not good for her recovering status, there are underlying issues that make people want to medicate themselves with alcohol and drugs. Amber is a bonafied MESS and I hope some one addresses this with her when she gets out, hopefully she will watch the episodes and see how over the top she is, crying all day over a pov comp??? not stable

that's the part i woke up to see when i turned on showtoo last night fizzle, amber cried some more when she heard all the laughing outside :animated_bouncy:

and yes, someone always points out how evil the word 'hate' is, and how that is reserved for something higher and mightier than BB :rolleyes:

a week lolEGYPT.flag.GIFEGYPT.flag.GIFEGYPT.flag.GIF

Yes, Nursie that someone was me and I have to have someone do something so terrible to me for me to hate them. I am not above and beyond hate..I've hated, but I find her annoying, silly and wackadoo not reasons IMO to hate.

Damn, I must remember to put IMO at the end of my sentences.

Quote BBaddict8

I, too, take anxiety medication. I'm in the process of finding out which one works best for me (I used to take Zoloft, worked great, but then just stopped working). So, until that happens, I do cry at the drop of a hat. I do worry about stupid things I shouldn't. I've never taken drugs, so you cannot use that excuse in my case. It runs in my family. I love that Amber is bringing this issue to the forefront. So many people look at those with anxiety as crazy, when really it is all about body chemistry. Do you call people with diabetes or high cholestrol crazy? I haven't yet heard that. Please, people, understand that what she has is real. She is not crazy. Also, I've only had 2 anxiety attacks in the 10 years I've known about my disease (i.e. going to the hospital thinking I'm dying). Having an attack does not have to be the determinant that someone has anxiety. Sometimes, my anxiety just makes me cry or not sleep. I only hope that Amber can help the world understand anxiety. She is not crazy.

There is so so much more to Amber's condition then just anxiety and panic disorder. I started with my panic attacks at age 16 and they snowballed and got worse and worse. I finally found a good support group for panic and anxiety and later hosted the group. With that help and the right medication I very rarely have any outbreaks of panic. I think along with the disorder you can get depression. That needs to be treated also and sometimes it takes a while to get the right medication. I wish you luck because with the right treatment you can live a happy normal life.

As far as Amber goes I think she has so many problems and they are NOT anxiety even if she is on meds and saying that is the reason.

Someone said abouve that Ambe said she came off drugs a week before she entered the house, I thought it was longer than that. At any rate, I think her personality right now in the house has a lot to do with her drug addiction, and while I am typing this there is a movie on about Medical Marijuana,lol.

I think Amber is a case right now. I remember when in my 20's and 30's I had anxiety attacks, up till I was 40 maybe, then all of a sudden they stopped. I look back on my past and realize those attracks were a symptom, and I have really worked thru all my issues over the years, and that is prolly why the attacks stopped. I always was given valium or librium, but never really took them, I just dealt, but I sure was a high strung one, that is for sure, of course we are talkin about back in the 60's when I first had anxiety attacks, I had no idea what it was, and the dr's were pretty clueless then too. Well, if Amber did just come off drugs a week before she went into the house, then she will have a good bunch of sobriety inder her belt when she leaves, and then she needs to get in a 12 step program, for sure.

I posted this in another thread, and Marty was really kind and said it should be here, too. So, here is my view on Amber:

Amber's got some big problems. I kind of worry about her daughter, if she acts anything like she does in the house, at home.

If it's all game, that's fine.

If it's not, here are the lessons she is teaching her child (by example) so far, in real life (assuming she acts this way at home):

1. If things go wrong for others, try to make it into a tragedy for YOURSELF. For example, let's say your best friend's father passes away. Go around crying hysterically at the funeral, while your best friend comforts YOU. Then, tell your best friend, "OMG, you don't know how horrible this is for ME! I just loved him SO MUCH!"

2. If you fear that people might treat you as an adult and possibly not do as you want them to do, cry. They will be afraid to treat you as an adult, as you might fall apart completely. After all, you don't need respect--you just need to get your way, right?

3. Tell everyone at every opportunity how great YOU are. Tell them you are the most unselfish person you know. Tell them that everyone falls in love with you.

4. Remember, you deserve everything more than everyone else does, no matter what. Use any reason you want, as long as it is an example from your life. Are you a Mom? Then you deserve everything because you are a Mom, and everyone else should think so, too! Are you a waitress? Then you deserve everything because you are a waitress! Are you religious? Then you deserve everything because of that!

5. Remember, you are the "GOOD" one in every situation, and everyone else is evil, or bad. Unless you are speaking to them directly, and then you must tell that that you love them SO MUCH!

6. Say this to everyone you meet: OMG--I love you so much, you don't even know! Nobody else is like that in my life!!

fatcat... its been a while since she has done meth. i think they were just saying that she acts like she just came off drugs a week before going into the house! lmao

i would LOVE to see her medical records. but then again, i am just a nosy person.... hahahahaha

Great insight catniptoy, she does do ALL of those things, I like the one about being treated as an adult, she cries like a baby and she definately wants the attention whether it is negitive or positive, as you know children will act out in the same way for attention whether it is good or bad attention,Amber needs some TOUGH LOVE,lol

How can you love so many so soon, and the way she runs between Nick and Dustin, I think she wants to keep Nick in cause Nick said he wanted her to win the money some time back, and she believes him, hence, keep him in.

Thanks, Fatcat.

I'd like to think that Amber is doing some of this for strategy. She has gone to both Dustin and Jameka and cried hysterically with them and told them she needs them to give her "looks" to make her behave in a certain way. (Didn't most of us have Moms that gave us looks to keep us in line? I think I grew out of that at age 5). Then, she told each of them that NOBODY else does that for them. So, I thought at the time maybe that was strategy. But I think I'm giving her too much credit. I really think she is two-faced, and that's it. She is trying to make alliances with people in the only way she knows, probably from her own real life. That is, she cries and makes herself into a tragedy, gets comforted by others, tells them they need to mother her, tells them she would be lost without them and she loves them, and then she feels she had cemented the relationship. That's not strategy--that's just sad. I think she will end up crying herself off the show, and good riddance.

So, from what I've read............................................................................

relapse+depression+personality disorder+anxiety=Amber

Now, in all seriousness, IMO the problems with Amber sound like drug addiction/relapse issues. People with addictions to drugs frequently have other diagnoses. IMO the first thing she needs to do is either sober up or attend a relapse prevention program.

I think we can probably all agree on one thing: That house is not the best place for Amber right now, for whatever reason. Unless I see some dazzling DR entries where she laughs her butt off and says her strategy is working. Then, I would probably throw up in my mouth a little bit as she will have set women back 20 years with her behavior, but I will have to applaud her for coming up with a new idea, however distasteful it is. I don't see that happening, though.

You just don't do Meth for a year or so, then one day your Doc says something about it when you come clean and wham you stop, and that is it, BS, there is more to recovery than just saying no, you can not drink and go on a dry drunk, so she aint druggin but she is acting out. I do not believe anyone just stops drugs and lives happily ever after with out some kind of help be it NA or AA. I have some experience in this field as I lost my second husband to drugs, and he had no 12 step program, I believe if he had he would be alive today. I see the signs in her, she has big insecurities. That cryin binge she was on yesterday was soooo off the hook, and then Jameka and her mmmmm mmmm, that was enough to make me want to pull her weave out!!!!

I can not stand Amber. She makes me sick. Her throwing stones at everyone will all come back to hit her in the end. PLEASE SOMEONE WAKE UP and see how she is stabbing everyone in the back!!!!!!!!!!

Wynnigrrr it can't happpen soon enough for me. I just want dani and nick to be up in HOH one day before this vote takes place and catch her and jameka bad mouthing them and talking about putting them up, just for a little more drama, it would be cool if dustin was there too, and caught amber talking about how she can't trust his game anymore...........................

I will say that at least when Amber cries, it's something to watch. It makes me want to stick a fork in my eye sometimes, but it is at least a little entertaining, as compared to them basking in the sun like sea lions.

Archived