Jodi Rollins, Pre-Season

morty

post-2-0-24282400-1341426937_thumb.jpg

Name: Jodi Rollins

Hometown: Englewood, Colo. (living in Calipatria, Calif.)

Three adjectives that describe you: Funny, outdoorsy and opinionated.

Favorite Activities: Hiking, talking, writing, singing and laughing!

Most difficult part about living inside the Big Brother house: The lack of privacy, missing my family, getting no sleep and eating slop would all be hard for me.

Strategy for winning “Big Brother:” I will let people underestimate me.

Which past Big Brother cast member did you like most or least: I loved Brittney from Season 2. She was sweet and funny with an edge!

What are you afraid of: Snakes and roller coasters.

What is the accomplishment you are most proud of: Running the LA marathon twice and marrying my hubby.

Finish this sentence: My life’s motto is…Live in the moment!!

What would you take into the house and why: A picture of my hubby, my iPod, a pen and a notepad.

What would you do if “Big Brother” made you famous: I would try to stay grounded.

i think she is token black girl ;)

she looks black to me :animated_bouncy:

Guest 6Borders

uvp...I think you mean "token African American"...lol!!

Hopefully she can cook and serve slop since Grodner says its again on the menu!

I get good vibes. She has a normal smile and seems like she might be fun. Dang where are those interviews? Hard to judge by just a picture.

Guest 6Borders

I'm liking her from the bio. She ran 2 marathons so she's no athletic slouch and I like the "stay grounded" objective if she wins the $$.

My first impression was pretty positive. She's a big fan of BB and seems to know the show very well. She appeared rather laid back but nervous at the same time. Even though she's the oldest female I don't think that will have a negative affect.

She has 5 stepchildren so I'm sure she's used to being a good referee in arguments, lol That could come in handy in the BB house!

strengths: occupation of server should have decent memory(thou in her interviews she say she will suck with before and after), should adjust faster to the game since she is so familiar with the game , may be underestimated due to her physique, wont make silly game blunders

weakness: possible overplaying due to being a super fan, may get involved in a bit of drama, maybe home sick, may annoyed fans with the good people routine , not being drinker may make her a bit of an outcast when the group gets alcohol, maybe a bit of a gossip, smokers of house may get on her nerves, mayn't mesh good with ditzy or overactive females , may be over aware of cameras due to being a feed watcher :animated_bouncy:

I have such high hopes for Jodi too... there is something genuine and sweet about her smile. I liked that she liked Britney, is athletic and knows the game.

You all say grounded... I say crazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzy. Least I am hoping. Am hoping she might remind me of Karen BB4 or maybe 5... where she is funny in the diaryroom but kinda nuts like Renny/Karen were.

What can I say, I like me some crazy house guests.

I feel like im going to like her alot..

also, i take pride in remembering just about every HG ever to be on the show..

her favorite player is britney from season 2? Since there wasn't a britt on season 2, im guessing she means from season 12.... and i can respect that answer.

Hopefully she will last and no one compares her to the other token black females from past seasons

Not sure how to take this .. people compare blonde ditzy blondes to one another, and that's not offensive, but if people compare chubby black women to previous chubby black women that is?

I also disliked the usage of the word "token" in your phrasing, mostly because all of the house guests are token on the show. They cast for type a lot on big brother, the dumb jock, the dumb ditzy blonde whose secretly smart, the evil master-mind/puppet master guy ..

All the house guests each season are "token" they are chosen to represent different slices of America .. and for some reason every season there seems to be a racial issue made out of it, when it comes to a person of color on the show, and I don't get that. I think Big Brother has done a lot over the years to try to cast for type, with people whom defy the stereotype. They expect people to go in there and prejudge people based on what they look like, only for real colors to come out as the season goes on, as people get to know each other, and the differences get stripped away.

Not sure how to take this .. people compare blonde ditzy blondes to one another, and that's not offensive, but if people compare chubby black women to previous chubby black women that is?

I also disliked the usage of the word "token" in your phrasing, mostly because all of the house guests are token on the show. They cast for type a lot on big brother, the dumb jock, the dumb ditzy blonde whose secretly smart, the evil master-mind/puppet master guy ..

All the house guests each season are "token" they are chosen to represent different slices of America .. and for some reason every season there seems to be a racial issue made out of it, when it comes to a person of color on the show, and I don't get that. I think Big Brother has done a lot over the years to try to cast for type, with people whom defy the stereotype. They expect people to go in there and prejudge people based on what they look like, only for real colors to come out as the season goes on, as people get to know each other, and the differences get stripped away.

Ok here we go and the season hasnt even started yet. First of all I have been watdhing BB since season 1 so I know they cast "token" folks all of the time ie token gay, black, jock....etc.........Im not NEVER state being compared to other black females was offensive, In my opinion of this HG I stated that I hope she is not compared to HG of the past. Token is used on other HG also so I dont think that is offensive....On this board we are all entitled to our opinions, that makes the work go around. Please dont preach to reprimand me on giving my opinion. If you dont agree with what I typed, fine lets leave it at that.

1 -- wasn't attacking you, if you saw what I said that way, know that wasn't the intention at all.

2 -- just took a cultural diversity class so issues of race etc is something I am more hard-wired/tuned into at the moment, and I see references to racism, and the token black girl kind of stuff all over the internet at present about her, and your post just sparked a cord with a similar tone, even though you were not expressing the exact sentiments. So I took your post a chance to talk about / get my own opinion out there and see what others might have to say on the subject. Wasn't meant to get your hackles up.

3 -- I wasn't specifically stating you thought it was offensive, more just.. seen posts similar to yours where the person was offended and wondering out loud/via text about why this is?

4-- Token is a buzz word used in minority talks more than it's not, so I guess am just sensitive to it. I took exception to your use of it, within this context.

5-- I wasn't preaching or reprimanding anyone .. nor do I have to ignore your opinion. This is a discussion forum, people state their opinions, others respond with their own opinions. This is the semblance of conversation. I was trying to make conversation .. not attack you.

6-- you are absolutely right we are entitled to our own opinions, myself included, and I wasn't in any way saying you shouldn't have one of your own.

1 -- wasn't attacking you, if you saw what I said that way, know that wasn't the intention at all.

2 -- just took a cultural diversity class so issues of race etc is something I am more hard-wired/tuned into at the moment, and I see references to racism, and the token black girl kind of stuff all over the internet at present about her, and your post just sparked a cord with a similar tone, even though you were not expressing the exact sentiments. So I took your post a chance to talk about / get my own opinion out there and see what others might have to say on the subject. Wasn't meant to get your hackles up.

3 -- I wasn't specifically stating you thought it was offensive, more just.. seen posts similar to yours where the person was offended and wondering out loud/via text about why this is?

4-- Token is a buzz word used in minority talks more than it's not, so I guess am just sensitive to it. I took exception to your use of it, within this context.

5-- I wasn't preaching or reprimanding anyone .. nor do I have to ignore your opinion. This is a discussion forum, people state their opinions, others respond with their own opinions. This is the semblance of conversation. I was trying to make conversation .. not attack you.

6-- you are absolutely right we are entitled to our own opinions, myself included, and I wasn't in any way saying you shouldn't have one of your own.

Ok I get it....Welcome to Morty's and I hope to have more conversations with you when the show starts.

I feel like im going to like her alot..

also, i take pride in remembering just about every HG ever to be on the show..

her favorite player is britney from season 2? Since there wasn't a britt on season 2, im guessing she means from season 12.... and i can respect that answer.

I think she meant season 1 Brittany but, who knows...

i think she will make jury at least

probably bigger targets in the house then her :animated_bouncy: