Matt 1st HOH Letter

BBmegafan2

Do you think it was fair  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Matt

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IMO Matts letter should not have been allowed. I feel that it gave him a one up so to speak on all of the other house guests, to have his wife support his lie. Then admit to in on Live televison. What do you think?

I thought his wife said she did not know about it when the letter was sent but may be wrong.And of course that may not really have been the case.

I thought his wife said she did not know about it when the letter was sent but may be wrong.And of course that may not really have been the case.

The show that I saw that she was on showed her saying that she knew what she was doing, that she wasnt sure what he did was the best idea but that she would help him with it.

I agree it wasn't fair. Yes, she did know about his lie and said she wrote the letter to "help him."

But, nothing was done when Dick had a hidden code in a letter so, nothing will be done about this either.

The show that I saw that she was on showed her saying that she knew what she was doing, that she wasnt sure what he did was the best idea but that she would help him with it.

But it never gave any detail about her sickness though I think and if the HG are that gullible I say too bad :animated_rotfl:

I agree it wasn't fair. Yes, she did know about his lie and said she wrote the letter to "help him."

But, nothing was done when Dick had a hidden code in a letter so, nothing will be done about this either.

Well, imo a hidden code is different from an open support to a lie. But I understand that Matt's wife may not be a 'genius' like him. In fact, she looked to be pretty dumb.

This was a definite no-no in my book. The whole purpose of the game is to let the HG's deal with themselves NO OUTSIDE INFLUENCES... I understand that the production has the 'right to implement rules and changes' during the progression of the game BUT one of the rules is, as stated above, no outside influences. Prior to the blatant admittance by Matts wife, it could have been seen as here merely having the support of family and friends while Matt is away, but with her admitting that she 'played along' it seems unjust and unfair. Usually it is quite easy to see which player/team that AG is pulling for BUT in this season I can't figure out if she is pulling for Rach/Bren or Matt... That is just my two cents and you can keep the change...

I agree completely myss911.

But, AG is definitely anti-Brenchel since week 3 and anti-Ragan since week 4. She's pro-Brigade since week 4 and pro-Matt of the brigade. But, she's pro-Britney more than anyone else... IMO

This is a little off topic...

Dick had a hidden code in a letter? I don't remember hearing about that before! What was the deal on that? :animated_scratchchin:

But it never gave any detail about her sickness though I think and if the HG are that gullible I say too bad :animated_rotfl:

Yes, HG's, the next time someone you meet tells you their wife has a life threatening illness, BEWARE, if you believe them, you will be considered "gullible".......and, laughed at for being moved by the circumstances, certainly something to ROTFL about

Well, imo a hidden code is different from an open support to a lie. But I understand that Matt's wife may not be a 'genius' like him. In fact, she looked to be pretty dumb.

Whats the difference? Both are outside influences that impact the game.

To believe the lie just coming from Matt, you could say gullible.... a letter from his wife that Big Brother allowed, that practically confirms it...... different story

Great point.

I like Matt, think he could have won BB without the lie.....also think it will be his demise, hardly talks any more, it's one thing to lie to people you just met & be able to walk away......it's another to try to get close to people knowing you began with a lie......even nat the brat cracked.

I need to rethink things...

I've known a couple of unfair things have happened before like the ED code, Rachel and Kaysar back and whatnot but man the more and more I look at it I guess I am jumping on the conspiracy bus...Grodner and her team need to return to simplicity

-Kyo

ITA, her letter was very vague I thought.. it didn't say she had a illness.. just said that no need to worry she was being taken care of.. Anyone who's not sick could write that same thing also. They didn't break any rules or BB wouldn't have allowed it.. lol ok maybe they would, but still.

If I was a hamster playing for half a million dollars, you better believe I wouldn't trust anything told to me in the house. Furthermore, just because one person has a better sob story wouldn't convince me to give them half mil. I'd base it on game play.

As for the letter Matt got, or Dick's BB8 coded one, or even allowing Rachel to spell anything out for Brendon w/pretzals, I think it's wrong for BB to have allowed it to happen.

This was a definite no-no in my book. The whole purpose of the game is to let the HG's deal with themselves NO OUTSIDE INFLUENCES... I understand that the production has the 'right to implement rules and changes' during the progression of the game BUT one of the rules is, as stated above, no outside influences. Prior to the blatant admittance by Matts wife, it could have been seen as here merely having the support of family and friends while Matt is away, but with her admitting that she 'played along' it seems unjust and unfair. Usually it is quite easy to see which player/team that AG is pulling for BUT in this season I can't figure out if she is pulling for Rach/Bren or Matt... That is just my two cents and you can keep the change...

This was exactly how I saw his letter. I think the difference between ED's and this one is with in the week Allison knew about Matt's wifes outside influence. And had her admit it to everyone on Live television. Yet let him continue in the game with out any sort of consequence etc. If I remember correctly, ED never admited to anything until after the season was over. Plus I think there is a difference between a coded letter that may or may not help the HOH and a letter that influences a whole house of people neither are right IMO but I can see how one would be taking it over the top. I think Allison has been pro Matt all along and it really is kinda sickening to me. The guy makes a career out of reality TV etc. And from what I understand he has known Allison or at least part of production for over a year now. Which leads me to believe he is gonna win this game no matter what. Which given what has happened this week I feel he got got and deserves to go.

ITA, her letter was very vague I thought.. it didn't say she had a illness.. just said that no need to worry she was being taken care of.. Anyone who's not sick could write that same thing also. They didn't break any rules or BB wouldn't have allowed it.. lol ok maybe they would, but still.

ITA too . From what I remember, his wife just said something about 'Feeling ok' and 'everyone was taking good care of me' or something to that effect. I don't remember her directly saying she was sick or anything about the illness.

Yeah, could that be interpreted as supporting his 'illness story', sure it could, but it also be interpreted as 'hey, I'm doing good and all our friends are very supportive'.

If I remember her letter correctly, no way was it unfair. If she had directly mentioned the illness or even something about doctors or test results, then yes, I'd say it was unfair, but as I recall it she didn't.

Whether we like it or not, HG's have been lying about themselves, their families and finances in every season of BB and that is accepted as part of the game.

I'll sit back and be quiet now.... :lipsrsealed2:

The thing is.... there is always going to be the " Oh, what he did isn't so bad, a lie is a lie" and there will be those of us that thinks it makes him a dirty rotten cheater.... neither of us will convince the other..... so we all have to agree to disagree and sing kumbaya

The thing is.... there is always going to be the " Oh, what he did isn't so bad, a lie is a lie" and there will be those of us that thinks it makes him a dirty rotten cheater.... neither of us will convince the other..... so we all have to agree to disagree and sing kumbaya

:hurray:

I think both Matt and his wife should be ashamed of their lie. Karma's a bitch. Matt will never win this game, nobody wants to be in final 2 with him because everyone in the jury will give Matt the $$ over them because of his "so called" sick wife, that lie is actually why he will NEVER win this game. :party_smilie::party_smilie::party_smilie::animated_rotfl::animated_rotfl:

I must have been watching something different than others. IMO, no way did the letter confirm that she has an "illness." I remember hearing they lived in a house with a bunch of other people and in the letter she said she was getting help and that can mean so many things. They could be helping her get over her loneliness because he is away, they could be helping her throw out the garbage, they could be helping her do the grocery shopping because she doesn't drive. I don't agree with the lie because I believe you should win on your own and not with any outside help (HEAR THAT GRODNER)but I do not think the letter confirmed the lie.

The wife did say she knew about the lie.

Archived