Matt - Week 3 (HoH)

CeCiMom

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still think the lie Matt told is horrible. It reminds me of a story my sister told me about a guy being invited to a party one time by this girl he had the hots for. Then she mixed something in his drink, and the next morning he woke up in a bathtub covered with ice and a signed note from her that read, "You have 24 hours to live. Both of your kidneys have been removed for the benefit of science and $10,000 each. CALL 911 IMMEDIATELY." My sister didn't know if THIS story was true, but she had heard that one kidney was being removed from some people at parties like this and it was resulting in almost deadly consequences for some people. In the name of money they removed these people's kidneys. And while Matt's lie certainly didn't kill anyone, there's just should be I guess I would call a "lying plateau" that you don't cross. If it reminds me of horrible things like that, and if it has the potential to make people angry and/or make your spouse leave - don't do it imo. It will backfire. I also wonder if his boss is watching the show going, "Are you kidding? How can I trust this guy? He's so greedy. What would he NOT do for a half million dollars?" I have a feeling he's going to have to be explaining this to a lot of people when he comes home who will be less than thrilled.

As far as the UK talent show, I think Whoopi was just addressing the ridiculousness of suing. Some people really will sue at the drop of a hat, and singing is not for everyone. We all have different talents. I mean I would have been a terrible nurse. (I did horribly in the labs in nursing school but well academically.) If you don't want someone telling you that you do not have a talent in a certain area, and you don't want others critizing you - don't do it. Or at least not on national television. If you are confident enough to stand in front of millions of people, basically asking thier opinion - don't throw a fit if they tell you something you already know to be true. Those judges don't get paid to tell you what you want to hear, but they are paid to give you constructive feedback. She decided to stand in front of millions of people. SC didn't hold her at gunpoint to do it. Sheesh! Again, just my opinion. Not trying to give offense or anything.

I hope this guy goes down hard.

And I hope Julie rubs his nose in it. I loved her "By a vote of 7-1, Matt...you are safe." revenge for that dumbass calling her Chenbot.

As a mini-twist, they should do a special midnight eviction so that idiot has to leave the house in his ugly pajamas.

I really hope everyone who dislikes Matt for his lie felt the same about Johnny Fairplay for his BS

Just curious but how do we know his wife didn't agree to this?

-Kyo

Best thing I ever saw concernig Johnny Fairplay - at some celebrity event, Danny Bonaduce threw Fairplay over his shoulder, a little to hard - Fairplay fell to the ground and busted his front teeth out. He was helped out with his hand over his mouth, and blood streaming down his face. Yup, Fairplay is and was garbage. By the way, I laughed MAO.

Best thing I ever saw concernig Johnny Fairplay - at some celebrity event, Danny Bonaduce threw Fairplay over his shoulder, a little to hard - Fairplay fell to the ground and busted his front teeth out. He was helped out with his hand over his mouth, and blood streaming down his face. Yup, Fairplay is and was garbage. By the way, I laughed MAO.

That was during the Realitini Awards hosted by Kennedy! That flip was awesome! Fairplay tried to dryhump Danny and drunk Danny who hated Fairplay anyway flipped him over his shoulder. Bam! Evil Dick, Jen and several others from that season were shown on the show at the time of the incident and Evil Dick won a martini glass. Great show! I miss it. I wish it would come back but since there is no more reality tv network, the awards show is definitely history now.

I really hope everyone who dislikes Matt for his lie felt the same about Johnny Fairplay for his BS

Just curious but how do we know his wife didn't agree to this?

-Kyo

Are you kidding me, I was appalled when Fairplay went to that extent to say his grandma had died, I thought he was disgusting before he did that and after I thought he was dispicable, still do , and I also saw that night that Bonaduce threw him over his shoulder and he ended up with broken teeth and a busted lip, served him right. Cannot stand the guy.

Good to know

I mean personally I am a bit disturbed about Matt but not to the extent that other fans are (don't get me wrong I am not saying you guys are wrong for being disturbed)

I have met a couple folks in a chat room who disdain Matt and call Fairplay clever and smart

kudos to you guys for being Fair and Balanced

uh oh...that makes you Fox News! :-p

-Kyo

That was during the Realitini Awards hosted by Kennedy! That flip was awesome! Fairplay tried to dryhump Danny and drunk Danny who hated Fairplay anyway flipped him over his shoulder. Bam! Evil Dick, Jen and several others from that season were shown on the show at the time of the incident and Evil Dick won a martini glass. Great show! I miss it. I wish it would come back but since there is no more reality tv network, the awards show is definitely history now.

THUD - it was a laugh out loud, wet your pants moment. I hope Fairplay's "dead" grandma wasn't to busy watching Jerry Springer to take care of her Johnny puke boy, during his extensive dental work. :animated_rotfl: Can't stand him.

I like that fact that he is playing the game... lies or no lies... they all lie, they all are deceptive, backdooring etc... it's all part of the game.

Honestly I am a bit in your camp. Now I don't like MAtt because I think he made a ridiculous decision and B/R are gonna run this game...but the lying about a disease, while tacky just doesn't bug me as much.

Who knows...maybe I am just cold hearted or maybe I just don't take things things as serious

-Kyo

I don't agree at all....... Fairplay lying about his grandmother, Russel Hantz lying that he almost died in Katrina and Matt lying that his wife is sick and they need the money is not part of the game and just makes them slimy weasels

ILoveDaniele you are far from cold-hearted... as much as I think he could have come up with a better lie, one positive thing came out of it... it got several million viewers to google Melorheostosis. Millions of people are now aware that it is a disease... I believe awareness is part of the cure.

I don't agree at all....... Fairplay lying about his grandmother, Russel Hantz lying that he almost died in Katrina and Matt lying that his wife is sick and they need the money is not part of the game and just makes them slimy weasels

Ya know you got me thinking. Russell was the biggest liar and slimeball of all time but he has fans out the kazoo. He was voted the viewers choice. He said he dog died in Katrina and he almost died but it was just brushed over by his fans. I was not a Russell fan but it had nothing to do with his sympathy lies. I just don't understand the extreme hate on this one issue. I liked Matt a lot at first but now I am just lukewarm. I do think he is playing the game and a pretty good one.

You would think that all the lives lost in Katrina there would have been more of an outcry but there was hardly a whimper that Russell capitalized on the deaths of so many.

I am a Katrina survivor. I didn't lose as much as many people did down here but lived right smack in the middle of it and spent years helping others rebuild their lives. A lot of people (including myself) made large sums of money from that storm. I am a appliance salesman and sold well over 2000 refrigerators within a year. Yeah, Russel's lie really pissed me off in the beginning but later on I realized it happened on a game show where lying is permissible. Same with Johnny Fairplay and now with Matt.

If these three would have lied outside the realm of the show they were on the world would hunt them down and tar and feather them, but they have not. Why? They told tall tales on a show that encourages lying in a quest to win money. Most people (not all) forgive them for it knowing that telling lies is part of the game. The sad part is ALL of us who watch these shows enjoy watching them lie!

If Fairplay had not told his dead grandma lie he would be nothing more than a past contestant on Survivor. Instead, he has been on more than a dozen shows and makes a good living. His 15 minuets of fame have been extended to several hours thanks to that lie. Same with Russel and more than likely the same with Matt.

Again, just my 2 cents worth.

Archived