Matt - Week 3 (HoH)

CeCiMom

umm... not sure if i see this a completely different way then you guys (maybe we should rewatch the tape) but my interpretation was that his wife was heartbroken over him being gone and lonely... so that's why she was saying people are taking care of her and cooking for her NOT because she was in on the lie. And that's why Matt said something to the effect of, oh wow isn't it great that her letter made sense with my lie even though it wasn't intended to? IDK that's how i see it. anyone else?

But Matt is stupid for making that lie up in the first place. gonna bite him in the butt later, whether in the game or out of it, he's going to lose any friendships he makes (including Ragan).

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

umm... not sure if i see this a completely different way then you guys (maybe we should rewatch the tape) but my interpretation was that his wife was heartbroken over him being gone and lonely... so that's why she was saying people are taking care of her and cooking for her NOT because she was in on the lie. And that's why Matt said something to the effect of, oh wow isn't it great that her letter made sense with my lie even though it wasn't intended to? IDK that's how i see it. anyone else?

But Matt is stupid for making that lie up in the first place. gonna bite him in the butt later, whether in the game or out of it, he's going to lose any friendships he makes (including Ragan).

He's already lied to his HG like that so what's going to stop him from lying to America? I think it too was a preconceived plan.

Yes, that was my interpretation as well.

What is really bizarre is that a 32-year old man - not classed as a dwarf though he can't be much over the required 50 or so inches tall - can even WEAR footed p.j.'s. Not to mention that he would; even if he could. I knew (and mentioned the relevant p.j.s early-on) that he is a sad freak and he's done nothing to change my mind. It isn't even so much the lie for me as it is that the lie didn't surprise me. I detested Jessie; indeed I did, but this little person is ongoing bad news; IMO. He is not going to be regaled with, "we understand why you did what you did," if he wins BB12.

I'll rewatch tonight. It's good to hear other people's opinions. :)

So no one else a fan of him? I don't know why but I'm rooting for this guy.

I don't watch the feeds but from what I see on tv, I think he has a lot of players where he wants them.

I'm rooting for him too...now anyway. I think he's got strategy going on that most don't see and he's good at manipulations...especially in that he wants people to think he's not so smart...doesn't want that target on him. He's got a lot of people on the boards convinced he's made stupid decisions...;)

I do think he's the most truthful when he says he's playing for himself...he'll betray any of them when/if necessary (most hgs do this anyway)...but for now he's pretty loyal to Brigade and Ragan.

Also...I kind of like his cocky DR's...he's entertaining and I like that in a BB player.

That's the way I understood it too. The hgs just assumed she was being taken care of because of the lie.

I also think it was a stupid lie in the 1st place and very well could bite him like you said...but it doesn't bother me that he made it up. If he lied to us, the viewers, then I'd feel differently...but lies take place all the time in the house and I don't think he should be held to a different standard than anyone else. A lie is a lie.

I am middle of the road with Matt. I liked him more in the beginning. I don't mind lies or cocky. It gets on my nerves when he sits (slumps)in his "jammies" and puts his hands in his pants like Ed Bundy. I really don't understand so much extreme hate going on. I think he is a good player and gives us some entertainment. He is not sitting around staring out into space like most of them. He is playing the game.

That's the way I understood it too. The hgs just assumed she was being taken care of because of the lie.

I also think it was a stupid lie in the 1st place and very well could bite him like you said...but it doesn't bother me that he made it up. If he lied to us, the viewers, then I'd feel differently...but lies take place all the time in the house and I don't think he should be held to a different standard than anyone else. A lie is a lie.

I completely agree. A lie is a lie and it doesn't seem right saying one lie is better than another. Lying is a HUGE part of this game. Kudos to Matt for coming up with an original one.

Matt's a little weasle but then what's a reality show without one. The lie, though lame, was his tactic to garner sympathy if he made it to the end. Just like Kathy using her sickness to explain her worthlessness.

Matt probably joining with the big obvious guys, The Brigade, was doing two things. Protect him from being an obvious target from the others, and protect him from being an obvious target from the Brgade. I think its hasn't worked because he became the biggest target out of the Brigade simply because he's playing the game harder than the Brigade.

I thinks he senses that and the last two nights has really started forging relationship with Britney, Brendon and Rachel to save his butt. He also wants Andrew to stay because he believes Andrew isn't coming after him though he's wrong on that one. When Brendon told him that he would put up Kristin and Hayden if he got HOH, Matt really didn't disagree.

Even though his alliance and others wanted Brendon and Rachel gone, he was smart to follow Ragan's advice and do the safe way out of the HOH. Personally I think he would benefit from Andrew leaving more than Kathy. Overall I think he's safe next week whomever gets HOH.

I think he played a smart HOH week. I don't really like him, but at least he's playing.

Can someone please tell me why Matt got the HOH remote taken away?

I thought I read somewhere that he got into the programming of it and was putting text on his TV screen with it.

I thought Hayden hid it on him, the other day Hayden made a comment in the HoH room that he was going to leave it on a channel and hide it.

Andrew came into the house and told everyone that he is a shoe salesman when in reality he is a foot doctor. He felt that if everyone knew he was a doctor they would think he is wealthy (he probably is) and lessen his chances at winning. The shoe salesman LIE suggests he is struggling to make ends meet and therefor would be worthy of some potential "pity" votes if he makes it to the end.

Matt has pretty much done the same thing with his "my wife is sick" LIE. If he makes it to the end he too is hoping to get some "pity" votes.

I think it would be priceless if these two guys made it to the final 2. If would be fun to see the reaction of the jury when they find out both of them were lying their butts off.

I for one am not offended at all about the tales they are telling. It's part of the game, at some point EVERYBODY in that house is going to lie to someone. To me the more outrageous the lie the better the entertainment value it has. And this year there has not been a whole lot of entertaining going on.

One thing I would love to see is someone (other than Andrew) hurt their foot somehow. I can imagine Andrew coming to the rescue! Explain that one Mr. Shoe Salesman!

One thing I would love to see is someone (other than Andrew) hurt their foot somehow. I can imagine Andrew coming to the rescue! Explain that one Mr. Shoe Salesman!

That kind of happened week one, but not with a foot. Annie(I think) was saying she had some kind of growth or mark on her back and Andrew said let me take a look at it, and looked pretty closely at it. Annie took that as him being creepy. If she only knew then that he was a doctor, and was looking out for her well being I bet she would feel like a dummy.

Here's the clip from The View this morning, where the ladies talk about Matt's lie about his wife:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=t_RSTpfaRTM

I find it funny that they think his lie is awful, but then they make fun of someone's lack of talent and her medical condition.

How do people listen to these ladies? They keep talking over each other, at some points you have no idea whats going on.

I'm with you TML... I can't stand The View...

What is the deal with Matt and his continual placement of his hand in his pants? Who does he think he is? Al Bundy

It's more fun to watch the View with the volume turned off. They are so animated it's funny.

I'm of the opinion that no one should tell the kind of lie that Matt did. Game or no game, making out that a family member is sick with something like he said is a no no in my books.

I wonder how she feels and perhaps people who know her. Not nice imo. He's kind of gone down in my limited list of one I like.

Sure hope it doesn't come back to haunt him.

Archived