Chima - Part 3

Marty

Chima interview addressing racicism. The link is posted on her Twitter

Click here

August 19, 2009 by:

Chima Simone may no longer be in the "Big Brother" house, but she still has a few things on her mind she wants to clear up with BB fans.

Since entering the "Big Brother 11" house last month, Simone has been one of the season's most outspoken houseguests, and she found herself in the center of controversy when she used derogatory terms to describe "Russell's abusive, bullying, and threatening actions."

Speaking exclusively to Hollyscoop, Chima released the following statement about her eviction from "Big Brother 11" and issues her apologies to those she may have offended on the show. She wrote:

Upon recently leaving the Big Brother show this season I have been privy to many judgments and criticisms made of every aspect of my being ranging from things as trivial as my appearance to more egregious comments referring to me as a racist.

As a woman of color, I have experienced racism first hand. I know what it is to be discriminated against so I would never want to inflict that pain onto someone else. I will, however, always stand up for myself. Many of you perceive my resolute candor objectionable, but I have always been outspoken and will remain so. I will never apologize for my looks, personality, or straightforwardness.

Nonetheless, I am particularly sorry that my words disparaged the regard and respect that should be shown to all cultures, especially the Middle Eastern community in this time of great turmoil within our nations. In describing Russell's abusive, bullying, and threatening actions towards me and other houseguests, I referred to him as a terrorist. I used a phrase that was insensitive given his Middle Eastern descent and I apologize to all who are justifiably offended with my use of that racially charged term.

My sentiments concerning his behavior, however, remain intact. I do not agree with his antagonistic rampages throughout the house. Russell constantly demoralized many of us on a consistent basis and his conduct was alarming, daunting, and terrifying.

Fortunately, for me, I do not have to be subjected to those tirades anymore. I am going on with my life in the real world. I wish the remaining BB housemates the best of luck!

Best,

Chima Simone

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh come on, Chima is only trying to cover her arse now... How much you want to bet that she had messages from people that have bought her work in the past telling her they wouldn't buy her work now??? She's playing at damage control, and I hope NOBODY buys into it...

I'm glad she acknowledges how her comments were insulting and is sorry for that.

Still, I had to unfollow her today on twitter because I couldn't handle her bitterness with Jeff winning the coup (sorry, how it was "handed" to him). It takes a lot of work being a good person... to keep your dignity, not freak out on people, or make them feel like sh*t. Jeff won America over by being the better person. Maybe it's because I'm having problems with my sister who also blames the world for her problems, but I just don't have the patience to follow Chima and read her warped "reality".

There's nothing to disagree about. Chima said he didn't win it, that it was handed to him. That's why I put "handed" in quotations. I do think he won it. He won it by fighting to remain sane and respectful. That's why America voted for him. Sorry you misunderstood.

Chima's hair is everywhere!!LMAO When Michelle and Jordan were cleaning the main wash room yesterday - Chima's hair was everwhere...

Chima is gone. I had my doubts that she would apologize for her actions and it appears that she has done, so I was wrong about that. I hope that she knows that much of the reason I did not like her had nothing to do with the problems she had with russell. In my opinion, she totally acted like an ass on her own simply because she was angry that she was no longer in power. That is just my opinion but one to which I am entitled. I felt and feel that had chima accepted some responsibility and moved on from the anger like an adult, she could have made it better for herself and everyone else and possibly done well in the game.

Anyway, like I said, chima is gone and I certainly wish her well. I have no reason not to do so. She is human and makes mistakes like I do and you do. Her apology means something to me. I am done with it.

Hi Yana, they are well for the most part, thanks for asking. A few health scares here and there but ones that turned out okay in the end.

I think they just like to keep their momma freaked out !! LOL

Hope all's well by you !! ( Been keeping an eye on your myspace all this time so I'm kinda up on ya )

^^^ Joni is bad! :lookaround::smilielol:

thats the rumor......

It is over with Chima, folks. If you want her naked and stoned in a public square for being mean on the BB Reality Show, it ain't 'gonna happen. Spillover comments are consistent on the show and though people shouldn't include families of HG's in negative comments they do and chima did not set precedence in that realm.

I suspect that we shall see more of Chima in the future. She made herself famous and we helped. Her PR agents will smooth ruffled waters and CBS will want those ruffles smoothed. CBS=$$. It is why the network exists.

i dought it.had she pushed the limit then maybe but she showed not only was she a major bitch but also she had no respect for anyone but herself. i know true stars test production but she wasnt even a true reality star. she was a huge production mistake and i think and hope she fades away quickly to whever bitches go.

No in her contract it states that if they are removed from or leave the show before they are voted out or win, they give up the right to be on any channels owned by the parent company of CBS, and VH1 and MTV are own by the same parent company...

Archived