List Quick Meals for BB season

Most of us stay on the feeds as much as possible during BB so here are a few great meals that can be fixed quickly......

Little Smokes in 1 pot ... cook a few minutes... add chopped onion... cook a few minutes then 3 or 4 cans green beans... bring to hard boil and add 3 or 4 chopped up potatoes... salt them and in 20 min.. nice meal..

Also the Macaroni Grill chicken parm box meal... is very quick and tasts JUST like the real thing in the restaurant.

Baked zitti is another quick one.... boil pene noodles... drain and put into casserole dish... pour over favorite spagetti sauce.. add a small container of cottage cheese... and 3/4 bag of mozzarella cheese ... stir this us... then put the remaining cheese on the top and bake for 30 min.... yummy !!!

Please add your ideas here.

A favorite variation of baked ziti is what I call a ravioli bake.

25 oz or raviolis and 3/4 a pound of penne, or any type of noodle. Boil both, drain when done. Cook till al dente. take a 9x13 pan but some sauce in the bottom (I prefer prego!). put half of the penne and half of the raviolis, put more sauce plus half a bag of mozzerella, put the rest of the penne and raviolis on top of that, the rest of the sauce, then top with mozz and parmesan, bake till mozz is golden brown and delicious.

One of my favs and great for leftovers when your able to pull away from the feeds for a few minutes ...

Quick and easy Chili

McCormick little bag of seasoning mix (mild, med,hot)

http://www.maxdelivery.com/nkz/exec/Produc...uctId=260053217

ground beef

1 chopped onion

can of tom. sauce

can of diced tomatoes

can of red kidney beans (or light red)

Double everything for a big pot... and don't forget to brown up diced onion while you're browning off

the ground beef (throw them in when the beef is almost browned)

ohhhhh and don't forget a bag of shredded sharp cheese to sprinkle on top when ready to eat

yum.. both sound good. My family also likes sour cream and extra chopped onions on top of their chili along with the cheese.

Crazy Pizza and family fun.

Get the bread Pickets.... set out all the pizza fixins...

pizza sauce in jar

pepperonis

mushrooms (drained)

mozzarella chees

Let them stuff the pocket the way they want it and either bake or put in the microwave for 1 1/2 minutes

I'm a cereal & sandwich type of person... but when I get creative I do lasgna, sheperd's pie, and my roasted veggie dish. Anything that can be seperated into little containers and reheated. Sadly this is my life. I'm too tired after work to actually make something. If all else fails, pick up the phone and call your fav pizza place...unless you have pita bread on hand, then you can make your own in less than 2 min. It's also better for you.

the kids and i use the 'flatout' wraps and make pizza with them instead of pita bread.... so fast / easy and you can put as much sauce / toppings as you want... only takes about 7 min to bake too.... :)

Broccoli casserole bake

1 Stick of butter

1 small pack of frozen broccoli

1 small onion

Saute butter onion and broccoli in a pan till the broccoli is real tender

Then in a large bowl add the sauteed broccoli & onions

1 can of cheddar cheese soup

1Can of cream of mushroom soup

1cup of cooked rice

1cup of milk

add some cooked chicken, I usually add about 3 legs & thighs..clean the meat off the bone

mix all together put in a cake pan or casserole dish, cover with crushed up Ritz crackers and bake at 350 for 35 Mins. When the crackers are golden brown it's done..

you can use leftover chicken.. I will save left over chicken in the freezer and save it for the casserole, You can also use instant rice

My favorite recipe is :

Call for Pizza delivery.

But one fast, semi-healthy recipe is my Ginger Chicken with Cashews.

It can be woked up in minutes once the chicken marinates.

Ingredients:

• Boneless Chicken Breasts

Bottled Ginger Salad Dressing or Marinade

Canned Cashews

Toasted Sesame Seeds (optional)

Couple tablespoons of oil (for stir frying chicken)(

Marinate chicken breasts in Ginger Salad dressing

Hint: Use a ziplock bag - add diced chicken and Dressing then put in frig - scrunch bag occasionally.

You can marinate for any length of time up or add the dressing while cooking the chicken (I prefer at least an hour to marinade).

Heat up a skillet or wok

Add a couple tablespoons of Oil.

When Oil is hot add marinated chicken - stir fry chicen until done

While chicken is cooking toss some cashews into a toaster oven and toast cashews.

When chicken is cooked - Add cashews and sprinkle toasted sesame seeds.

You can serve chicen over rice, salad (use remaining bottled dressing) or just eat the chicken.

Here's a quick hamburger casserole I make when I'm short on time.

1 lb. ground beef

2 14oz cans stewed tomatoes

1/2 cup minced onions

1 teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon chili powder

pinch of pepper

pinch of sugar

1 cup uncooked elbow macaroni

Brown beef and onions; drain. Add tomatoes and seasonings & bring to a boil. Reduce heat & simmer for five minutes. Add macaroni; cover & simmer for 15 minutes. Uncover; simmer until macaroni is tender & sauce is thickened.

I also serve a side salad with this. It's quick, easy and I have all the ingredients in my pantry & meat in freezer.

:)

Edited to add final step:

Silly me. I forgot one thing which hubby pointed out to me. When I'm ready to serve this dish I'll also put some grated cheese on each serving dish and pop it under the broiler for a couple of minutes. I prefer mozzarella and hubby likes cheddar but use what you like.

Broccoli casserole bake

1 Stick of butter

1 small pack of frozen broccoli

1 small onion

Saute butter onion and broccoli in a pan till the broccoli is real tender

Then in a large bowl add the sauteed broccoli & onions

1 can of cheddar cheese soup

1Can of cream of mushroom soup

1cup of cooked rice

1cup of milk

add some cooked chicken, I usually add about 3 legs & thighs..clean the meat off the bone

mix all together put in a cake pan or casserole dish, cover with crushed up Ritz crackers and bake at 350 for 35 Mins. When the crackers are golden brown it's done..

you can use leftover chicken.. I will save left over chicken in the freezer and save it for the casserole, You can also use instant rice

I think I will try that recipe ~ minus the chicken. Sounds delicious.

Moxie, we have always made almost the exact same recipe except we use egg noodles instead of macaroni. We always topped ours with American cheese.

You guys are making me hungry!!! I think we are having one of my favorite fast meals for dinner tonight:

Sausage of your choice (Polish sausage, smoked sausage, hot links, etc...) cut up and browned in a pan with a little oil and some onions, then drain and add a can of saurkraut (I prefer Bavarian style.)

I usually make "soft fried" potatoes with this - peel & cut up potatoes, cook in a covered frying pan with onions (see a pattern here?? I like onions!!) and a little oil until soft. Yummy!!

Pizza Fondu

2 loaves french bread

1 jar pizza sauce

1 pkg pepperoni

1 lb provel cheese (this may not be available all over the country, its a mix of mozz, provelone and swiss...think Imo's Pizza)

4 oz cream cheese

In a sauce pan heat pizza sauce, add cream cheese, heat until cream cheese is melted and smooth. Add the provel cheese, heat until melted. Add pepperoni and heat for a few minutes. While heating fondu sauce, cut french bread into cubes.

Serve while hot. Dip bread into sauce....mmmmmmmm.

*I created this recipe myself and my family begs for it !!!

toast bagel cut in half

top with mayonnaise

bacon bits

a slice of tomato

a piece of cheese of what ever kind I like provalone

and melt under broil in oven on pan

cheese crisps are fast to

Archived