Memphis - Week 7

CeCiMom

I have been in the Bar buisness 20 years and there is a difference between a Bartender and a Mixologist .I am a mixologist

A bartender serves drinks beer, wine, basic drinks

A mixologist makes specialty drinks alot of their own creations and is usually very creative

Generally works in a dinner club or a dance club

Rarely at your neighborhood bar .

Im kind of offended that this job is not considered to be worthy of a title to some of you

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lauri and I bet you are not anything like Memphis which is why he has some of the things said about him that he does. I happen to work in a very upscale restaurant, and I did say it was an interresting thing for him to do it tbl side, the slam is to Memphis from me becaue he acts like he is better than anyone, I would not slam anyone else unless they of course wanted to put on the airs he does, and I lived and worked in Hollywod for some years so it is not as though I hm some hayseed. the slam to him has nothing to do with you or your respective job, I just do not like Memphis .

I've tended bar in some dives and slung some hash in some one horse towns, the only thing I hate is when some one calls me maam, or "Oh Miss" or if another server calls me "Sweetie" especially one who is younger than me, then I will have to choke you,lololol. One Halloween I went ans a waitress in a white nylon uni with black bra and panties, and my name tag said "Oh Miss" tell ya somethin??,lolol

I'm sure the "bartender" who works in the neighborhood bar is also offended. I've been to neighborhood bars where the "bartenders" have created drinks too. Should they be looked down upon just because they don't work in a dinner club or dance club?

No one is saying being a bartender is bad ???

I chose to move up I started as a bartender All I was saying is there is a difference

Any bartender can be a Mixologist

A mixologist is a bartender !! But generally because of their knowledge of drinks they make more money!!!

Some just didnt seem to understand it is an actual term

it is all good Lauri, I had actually heard the term, but when Memphis was sooo adament about it I wanted to b slap him, he gets on my nerves. I know it is legit, but he is sooo over the top with his ego, that's all.

lololol, and sooooo true

:smilielol::smilielol: you are pourin a strong one girl,lolol

yes, can't wait to see Michelle go up, cause as we type ollie has told them they are golden, oh my ,lololol

Memphis was talking earlier and said that he wasn't there to entertain the viewers, he was there to win the money. Well, hate to tell you this, Bob, but you were cast on the show for the purpose of entertaining the viewers. Think you are on the show so people can look at your pudgy body and dead pan face and reward you just for being there? Geezzz. What an arrogant jerk.

I agree straycat. You nailed it.

If I hear him ask about luxury comp once more. eeeek

What about the trip to Hawiaii and money and car ... weren't those luxuries?

that is all Memphis talks about, it is sickening,lol

Archived