Houseguests General Discussion

squirrel

Real life is who you are. Yes middle age people hang out and associate with middle age people. But people in their 20's hang out and associate with people in their 20's. As long as the target advertising age is 18-34 those will probably be the ages the producers will aim for.

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest DRSMitch

Please, BB is becoming just like Survivor. It doesn't matter how many middle aged, out of shape people apply CBS (FOX, NBC, ABC) is only going to cast "eye candy." They think that "beauty" = ratings. There have been published reports that for Survivor they ask talent scouts to find them models who want to be on the show. I'm sure BB does the same. This is why there is no one over 35. Long gone are the days of Jack & Jerry. I feel that this will ultimately be the death of this show. At least get inteligent eye candy!

Maybe they just don't have many older people applying for the show. The older people barely ever make it to the end and I'm sure other people see that, including those over 35, and figure there isn't much point in even trying. The oldest person to ever win on Big Brother was only 28.

Guest DRSMitch

True for Survivor, although they always seem to cast at least one or two old people. However, BB is much less demanding physically. There is no way you can tell me that there is not at least one person over 35 who auditioned and had a great personality. My favorite contestant all time was Jack. I loved it that he was former CIA. His training was awsome for the show.

Guest DRSMitch

Please nebartist,

There is a cookie cutter format for reality shows weither it be BB, Survivor, Amazing Race, or Who wants to be a Holton.

One Gay Person

One African American (two if the network is generious)

And tons of eye candy.

There was at least one... Eric... 36... There are a total of 4 over the age of 29 this year... Eric, April 30, Howie 34, and Rachel 33...

Two words: Sex sells.

More people are likely to tune in if they see Janelle on an advertisement than they are to tune in if they see Bunky...that is why we are going to see more Janelle/Holly types on reality shows.

No one really wants to see so called "normal" people just sitting around a house all day. I could just imagine the days events: wake upat 5:30 AM, put on Ben Gay, take a half dozen medications, sit inside all day and complain about the heat, compare various operation they've had, eat dinner, and be in bed by 9:30 PM.

I'm sure millions of people would tune in 3 nights a week and order live feeds with action like that.

I think Rachel is playing smart. She didn't share the secret room because she doesn't want the others to find out who her partner is. Look at how many already have figured many of the out already and what it has been a week in the house.

so far ivette annoys me.....she is channeling dana from whatever season that was, a girl who immediately wants the other girls out......but i'm sure in a few more weeks the annoying list will be much longer than the likable list. :twisted:

SaltyDog, Have you been spying on me?? How do you know my schedule?!! Dagnab it, you must be a young whippersnapper, just like all those barely legal hg's!!

I don't know-- I still think it's overkill on the young hotties. It seems that anyone under 30 has a really distorted view of what people are like in their 40's , 50's and beyond. Was it Rachel, when she said she was 30-something-- so many gushed --"oh you don't look it !!" For crying out loud, what do they think is going to happen to them after they pass 30? I am 41 -- take no medication, have never used ben-gay, and enjoy and can talk about sex as much as anyone in their 20's. But I can talk about other things too. As can most people my age, and beyond. We can also party and be sexy too. I have nothing against the young hot eye candy. But I really don't think everyone needs to be that way.

Reads saltydogs msg...........whips kilt up over face and snarks intae it... :rofl

...realises exposure & whips kilt back down.....ACCIDENTAL KILT FLASH! :roll:

Guest Anchorless

What do you think is inside the safes? And is the big key going to unlock something? why didn't she take that key??? I think it looks like one of the house keys that are used in the nomination ceremony!

If I had been the lucky one who found the room, I would have taken the big key, kept it and used it for whomever was nominated next... the HoH would be ready to announce their names and I'd say "WAIT!!!! I have the missing key!!!" and I'm sure I'd be disqualified for that...

I also would like to comment on the assortment of houseguests this year..I think that it's a little less interesting because they aren't all complete strangers like usual. Even if they try to act like it, they aren't, and it's less dynamic. I feel as though the older than average contingency of past Big Brother has been kind of like a token, to satisfy viewers, lame isn't it. I wanted to see a parent and child pair this year actually.

Little by little April is getting more and more annoying especially after Hussein comment to Kaysar.

Guest Sybbie

I'm 23 and I think it's boring this year. Having old people on the show just spices things up and makes it easier to tell them apart at the start of the game. There may be a reality formula on CBS, but at least on Amazing Race and Survivor they have more than just studmuffins. Those annoying old people almost won the last Amazing Race and the Kuror tribe was all the old people that the hotties on OOlong didn't want.

It doesn't matter the age or shape - it only matters if they are interesting. Even if they aren't, if most people on the show are it gives you someone to root against. Like that old man wilbur or whatever his name was - he was lazy and I was glad when he got kicked off Survivor. But I liked Rudy in the first one and he's older than my grandpa.

I saw an audition tape for Big Brother of a lady whose in her fifties. It was funny. She was funnier than some of the people in the house right now.

Guest Sybbie

Who cares what's in the safe or what isn't? I don't watch the show to look at the decorations, and what's in the safe is probably nothing big deal - like maybe a key to unlock the crunchy peanut butter. I agree - this year's show is boring.

i agree!! if i was in that house i would be looking at ever nook and cranny looking for something hidden!!

last year was a lot more entertaining, they kept us guessing on who is the twin etc. this year we've already guessed whos with who. its boring!!

Guest sunshine

for me.... lots of the house guest have little annoying qualities... but the ones that get to me the most...

ivette... shes just so damn loud, and thinks she pretty much runs the house...

the same with eric, he thinks he runs the house and can tell everyone what to do..

april... she just needs to shutup... and i have a feeling underneath her sweet little act she's very judgemental... just from a few things she had said about kaysar..

jenny... flirts too much with the guys, specially michael... then goes on to say how she doesnt like when he touches her and stuff.. WELL THE DONT FLIRT WITH HIM AND BE ALL OVER HIM ALL THE TIME!!!

james is just plain geeky...

beau can be overly gay at times, but i like him.

howie i find absolutely hilarious, but such a perv!

i like rachel and sarah so far... and maggie seems ok... and i dont have a problem with kaysar... janelle is alright too, shes really smart i think... im glad (hope) ashlea does leave this week though, i have a feeling she will get REALLY annoying!

and i am now done!! hahha

Guest Shockalot
we waited till tuesday and got to see the secret room which to me was uneventful. aint no special perks in the secret room. the cast in my opinion was poorly picked hint need more older folks and sad to say maybe one or two wanna be actors. hopely this season gets better

UVPnolimits.

Let me just say this right upfront - I agree with you that there needs to be more older folks and less wannabe actors.

I totally agree and that is exactly why I found BB5 one of the worst BBs I have seen yet.

Having said that and keep in mind I was very cynical and posted here my extreme 'initial' reaction to the cast of 'Abs' and 'Bikini model' types = This Big Brother might be shaping up to one of the very best yet!

These people ARE very different types.

Once you get to know them you will realise they are not a bunch of clones at all and in fact, this year have very distinct personalities.

The other diff - This group is by far much more intelligent than most Seasons.

Eric is a hothead bodybuilder and a paranoid fanatic - but he is also very very determined to win this. He is thinking things through and working it.

Janelle may look like this years 'Holly' but she is very much working a strategy and is using her wits.

Even this years 'Scott Long' who appears to be a big stupid fartmachine cocktalker (Howie of course) is working this on a level far higher than most previous guests.

Nope. Sorry but I would be the first person to critisise BB but this time I think they got it right.

Even though - I agree with you about having more varied ages. I would be enjoying this even more if I saw a couple in their 50's or a couple who were actual poor people.

Poor meaning they scrape up enough for gas money and not boob implants and chest-shaving razors.

Who cares what's in the safe or what isn't?

Guest Shockalot
Little by little April is getting more and more annoying especially after Hussein comment to Kaysar.

Oh man.. that was so nasty. Did you notice how she really tried to put that on him and had no intention of stopping until Kaysar spoke up.

Ive seen nasty chicks do that to guys.. start with something like that 'as if they are joking' and then try and make it stick.

Character assasination all the way.

April really really turned me right off with her disgusting analsex talk at the same time.

Even piggish Michael was embarrassed for her husband and uncomfortably joked about having to apologise for knowing 'a LOT' about him should they meet after the show.

I mean seriously. She really 'tried' to humiliate and shame Beau by asking him detailed questions about his anus and how guys do it in his anus and how is anus must be 'this wide' and makes 2 foot wide circle with her arms.

Really humiliating stuff.. trying to shame and humiliate Kaysar and Beau.

Weirdly enough.. Howie coming into the scene silences April. I think she knows Howie would trump her and turn it onto humiliating her.

Good.

For once Im cheering for Howie to be the biggest revolting pig lol!