Houseguests General Discussion

squirrel

Salty, I hate to break this to you, but there are far more of us older types out here who don't use or need BenGay, are not on medications, love the outdoors, heat and all, have never had an operation, dont eat dinner til closer to 8pm, have lead incredibly full and diverse lives, stay up far later than 9:30 and could run cirlces around this crowd in intellect, the ability to plot and scheme and sexual experience than you could ever imagine. With any luck you will be able to say that too when you are middle aged. I have three late teen/young adult children who have never been able to pull anything over on me because I have been there done that and stay at least one step ahead of them. For that matter, I've given them tips along the way.

The reason older HG's don't do well is the stereotypical, predjudiced, uninformed attitudes like those you posted. Its doubtful that an older person will ever do well on BB becuase they simply arent what CBS is looking for in a HG.

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...realises exposure & whips kilt back down.....ACCIDENTAL KILT FLASH!  :roll:

Is it true what they don't wear beneath the kilt? :shock:

As true as the day is long... We know a guy that wore his to a formal dinner and a friend of mine was gonna be funny cause she didn't believe it either... Well was she a bit :oops: when she whipped that kilt up and saw for herself...

Sybbie, you made me think of something! Isn't it the production company that comes up with the cast?

I'm asking because Mark Burnett is the producer for The Apprentice (NBC) and Survivor - their casts, while still heavy on the eye-candy, at least have casts we can tell apart. Even though The Apprentice has all young people, they still are more way more diverse than this one with a housewife and a shoe shiner going against a dorky DA with a bow tie and an Ivy leaguer. CBS and the Jerry Bruckheimer production company makes Amazing Race and it is more diverse as well. I can't find a producer listed anywhere for BB in the USA so it must just be a bunch of CBS staffers. Maybe if a production company like Bunim-Murray (Real World, Starting Over) or Mark Burnett would work with them or take it over, the cast would be better.

Interesting to think about. Any ideas?

I think what we alll want to see is just a more diverse cast. A more interesting cast. What I am missing is a person with a great sense of humor. Someone who has a sharp wit, not someone just acting like a moron to get laughs. Would any of you want to spend any amount of time with these people? :?

Would any of you want to spend any amount of time with these people?   :?

Well, yeah, but not more than a minute or two :wink:

we waited till tuesday and got to see the secret room which to me was uneventful. aint no special perks in the secret room. the cast in my opinion was poorly picked hint need more older folks and sad to say maybe one or two wanna be actors. hopely this season gets better

The cast is so so but the game format this year is awesome. But I need to give them more of chance to connect. Its only week 1

Janelle just told Kayser and Howie and that Beau comes to the club she works at and dances? Do they know each other as well?

Also, Kayser just said he would rather be alone than have a gay guy interested in him....sigh. I hate to find the bigots attractive.:(

Dep

eric and ivette my least fave....and i thought i would like both of them from the first show. ivette lives in that glass house-ok to throw stones to janelle and ashlea about how selfcentered they are, but im sure ivette's hair didnt get blown straight by itself -we are all self centered :lol:

I think that they should have had at least 2 people with a little more life experience, a little out of shape. Nothing but 20 somethings and  30 somethings on the show. I am a little disappointed. We old codgers can be funny as hell when we want to be :) I am only 45 but still....
Eric's age is listed as 36.

I am beginning not to like Eric more for his strong arming the rest of the HG's. I haven't read/heard much of his strategy now that he's HOH, but I have read that he is very strong minded and trying to force issues. Unless I read wrong. Or was I asleep?

Guest somepeople

1. Ivette she mights say the lords prayer for herself and not worry how others pray. 2. Eric not sure what producer died and left him Boss.

I haven't attached myself to any HG so far. I have been wondering if I am being too critical and judgemental. Usually by now I have at least developed a fondness for a couple of them but this year, all I can say is Beau gets on my nerves the least and Maggie seems the smartest, but if either of them go..oh well..adious.

Eric's trash mouth and "BMOC" attitude make me want to slap him. Ivette is a bigot. I hate the way she is constantly putting down Kaysars religion. Janelle seems to have no backbone. Sarah is more concerned with James than she is the game. James is a lieing snake. Oh well.. whats the use of going on..I will sound like Micheal on his soap box.

You are not a bigot just because you don't want someone whose of the same sex to find you attractive.

oh come on if Ivette would have said the same about Muslims people would have been all over her. And rightly so. It is one thing to have preferences, but why feel the need to say something like that? If he wasn't bigoted towards homosexuals why say "I would rather be alone than have a guy guy interested in him"? That is pretty exctreme? Really alone?

Well I hope he gets his wish and live a lonely miserable life along with the rest of the bigots in the house!