America's Choice Results In James Returning

uvp

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've pretty much given up myself. And I'm sure you all know how much of a fanatic I've been for the seasons. I'll continue to come here to help update and moderate and will continue to broadcast the show but I'm not watching anymore. I've been doing other things while BB is on. Up until last year I would take the phone off the hook, lock the door and not talk to anyone until it was over. I'm over it. I can't deal with the manipulations of the producers anymore.

Bye Bye Big Brother. Time to find a new show to watch.

PS I'm hopefully optimistic about the summer season but I'm not holding my breath.

PS I'm hopefully optimistic about the summer season but I'm not holding my breath.

I'm not holding my breath either.....if CBS continues to let Allison Gronder(or how ever its spelled) run BB into the ground we'll see the same pathetic HGs. She has ruined BB....jmho

:pixiedust:

I' m going to go out on a limb here, but I feel that the houseguests were not given enough information on the mystery box. Even if they didn't want to tell the houseguests who was in it :inquisitive: they should have at least told them the that the mystery houseguest was in sequester and did not know anything that has gone on in the house. I 'm sure that must have run through the houseguests minds thinking the mystery knows too much information and could be dangeous in that regard.

And I think this season sucks , don't care who wins or loses, first time ever I have felt that way in 9 season :(

And stop with the twists Grodner!!!!

I've only got one thing more to say about this subject, it's over, yes some people are mad and they may or may not watch any more of this season, but there is nothing that can be done to change what happened now... If you stop watching, it isn't going to bring Alex back into the house, or get James out of the house, or change the producers of the show, it's only going to help bring an end to the show... I don't know, but to me if this is what we should expect from following seasons (I am talking about the season as a whole, not last night), maybe it's time it ended... It takes a lot for me to say that too, but to be honest I enjoyed High School Reunion more than BB... Maybe it's not the fact that BB is changing around us, but that we don't want change and in order for the show to continue the producers are going to have to change the show as they are now... I don't really know, because I don't know about the ratings... Just at thought...

I understand that it's over Yana. It's not that Alex isn't back in the house that has me furious. It's a combination of everything this season. The producers have got to realize with the falling ratings they are losing viewers and not getting new ones back to replace them. It's just not interesting many people anymore. We're all fed up with the twists and the people knowing each other. I would liked to have seen Alex come back over James but I would actually have preferred it if NOBODY came back at all. Give us another America's choice such as a phone call from home, a new toy for the backyard or the funnest one of all in my opinion was the wake up calls. That was hilarious to watch for a night.

I understand that it's over Yana. It's not that Alex isn't back in the house that has me furious. It's a combination of everything this season. The producers have got to realize with the falling ratings they are losing viewers and not getting new ones back to replace them. It's just not interesting many people anymore. We're all fed up with the twists and the people knowing each other. I would liked to have seen Alex come back over James but I would actually have preferred it if NOBODY came back at all. Give us another America's choice such as a phone call from home, a new toy for the backyard or the funnest one of all in my opinion was the wake up calls. That was hilarious to watch for a night.

I agree Dream... That's what I was trying to get people to understand... Yes the twist sucked, but it wasn't because one houseguest got to stay and another didn't get back in the house... It's that this whole season sucks... The whole season (in my opinion) seems rushed, not just the twist last night, none of it was well thought out in my opinion... These houseguest are well beyond what I thought we would ever see on CBS... I mean face it, who here thought that last season they would ever find houseguests to top Dick? I don't care if you loved him or hated him Dick was pretty out there, and never in a million years did I ever think they would find someone to top him... I was way off base... I think the producers are pushing to see what they can get away with and when exactly are we going to say enough... Just my opinion...

I agree with you 100% Yana.....thats what I sorta said in an earlier post.....I was soooo tired of this season before last night, but it was the final straw for me.....I loved loved loved BB for several years....now I can't take this group of HGs and I'm so afraid BB will continue to have skanky HGs. signs113.gif

:pixiedust:

I'm pretty tired and not thinking straight, but I agree with the idea of BB losing viewers over time for a few reasons...

viewers have seen it and are tired of watching it...

life has advanced over the past 9 seasons of the show, to the point that watching a house 24/7 doesn't seem as novel as it did 9 years ago...

viewers have seen the progression of HGs behavior in the house go from Jase to Howie to Dick to this seasons cast, and (I'm pleasantly surprised) they don't like the direction it's going...

I agree george. Jase was tame, Howie pushed the limit and Dick completely obliterated it. They've finally gone too far. I think it's time to put some new rules in place and actually give them a REAL punishment for breaking them. None of this penalty votes... Throw them out or in the very least give them a penalty NOMINATION. And that last one is a last resort but even that I'm afraid may not fix what's wrong with Big Brother now. It's just too far gone.

You can tell us too bad so sad...that's fine but the problem I have is what the heck was the point of us voting? They made it sound like our vote mattered and that we would be sending someone back to the house. Granted my guy (Parker) wasn't going in period but at least it would have mattered

-Kyo

Whaaaaa Whaaaaaaa Whaaaaaaa!! :bigcry::fish:

Yeah. Remember people, This is a winter edition of BB. We're lucky to have it.

I for one am sick of reading all the cry babying. Sure, I too have done my share of whining. But for crying out loud! Some people seem to have come down with a raging case of She-hag itis, in that they are repeating themselves over and over again.

Change the flippin channel if it bothers you so much.

And to those who keep on suffering with their raging case of she-hagitis, I have to say "Yeah, those grapes aren't sour." -eyeroll-

Well sorry but if I don't like something I have a right to say something. I think my opinion and others can sometimes make a difference and things can change.

I would never think of not voting in an election because I think opinions matters.

If my name was Natalie I would just shut my mouth and say thank you Big Brother for this wonderful cast and wonderful show.

I think you're right about the skanky houseguests. Where are people who have a little smarts and are fun and funny like good ole Dr. Will? I'm tired of hearing people talk about crotch rot and running around naked just for the sake of the camera....I want some good ole Chicken George game play!

I don't think it is the same fizzle. Did you notice this year their is no outcry and 30 page thread about james and josh dumping pickle juice on nat. No outcry at all compared to last year. I think this year people just don't care, and I feel the show , the houseguests and the BB et al have just pushed it too far. The game was good when their was drama that had everything to do about gameplay. This year it's just about drama period.

America voted for someone to have a "CHANCE" to get back into the house...... it was then left up to the idiot HG to decide.... apparently the majority didint trust America to make the right choice. :partytime:

You never know what you're going to get when you lock people in a confined space together for a long period of time with nothing to do but socialize.

Add in a bit of stress with weekly eliminations and you know there will be drama.

In my opinion, no matter WHO they cast, and what psychological testing and evaluating they do beforehand, it is just impossible to predict how any individual will react and change, given the group dynamic. (And it's exponentially harder to predict that group dynamic!) Ask anyone and they will likely tell you that they will just be "myself", but over time the people around you will affect your behaviour and opinions through the intricacies of the inter-relationships and repeated conversations. The sensory deprivation of outside stimulation will only speed the changes up.

For example, if Neil had stayed, it would have made a difference. Maybe not a big difference, but we'll never know. Perhaps his presence would have affected the way Josh plays and behaves in there. And that may have affected the group opinion about Amanda and Allison. Possibly even to the point that different people would have been targeted in past weeks. And that is just one person. If Adam and Sheila had been booted instead of Jacob and Sharon, the whole group dynamic would have changed further. It's impossible to guess how the situation would have been different.

So it's not just who they cast, but in what order they are put out the door which affects how the houseguests, as a group, behave. Big Brother IS a game, but it is also (like "Beauty & The Geek" likes to stress) a social experiment. Sure, casting such a young bunch did raise the chances of seeing some raunchy behaviour, but with the ratings demographic of the show, and the whole "couples" theme, it doesn't look like they had much choice.

I for one thought it was great! CBS did what they said they were going to do... we, America, voted and the majority chose Alex... Alex had the opportunity to get back into the HG's and the HG's instead voted to NOT have Americas choice go back into the house...

Archived