America's Choice Results In James Returning

uvp

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

AMEN

The way I look at it is, Alison Grodner isn't a bad person, she's just a bad producer.

I mean, it seems to me the ratings have been going down fairly steadily since she got on board.

I think Miss Grodner's problem is she thinks these wonky gimmicks are good for the show. The problem is, these gimmicks are just bandaids which serve to stem the downfall of BB for a week. Putting a bandaid on a shark bite doesn't work.

Sure, you may get the "Ooo, look at the pretty lights" crowd to watch a few times, but you end up losing some of your die-hards.

I agree with you 100% Xal. I love the last line.

Sure, you may get the "Ooo, look at the pretty lights" crowd to watch a few times, but you end up losing some of your die-hards.

I also agree Xal! I think its too late to have the HGs tone it down some......I've already have my opinion of these people and how they act now is too late. jmho

:pixiedust:

Mortys had the most visits ever on Wednesday nite..

This maybe because of the shout out Morty's got through the TV Guide blogs too and not just all because of the stuff with the wonky votes... Just sayin... :)

This maybe because of the shout out Morty's got through the TV Guide blogs too and not just all because of the stuff with the wonky votes... Just sayin...

And I would also guess the HOH competition contributed since it was endurance and people didn't know the results from the show as they usually do, so more people turned online to find out who won.

I know a lot of people say it, and maybe BB can bring me back in, but I think I am done for this season. I love Morty's-- it is really what makes viewing BB more complete, so I will probably come by to visit the site and check in on what is going on in the show, but honestly, I am sick of the HGs, lame twists, and even lamer story lines on the show (it is so watered down). And yes, I am sick of them keeping the person I don't like. It's cool if people are James' fans-- I think he is better than some HGs *cough* Josh & Chelsia *cough* but I really am let down that not only did an outside person not come back, but that James stayed another week. I think I am done for this season.

I don't feel cheated about James returning and I voted for Alex to return to the house. It would have been nice for CBS to let America know that the HG's ultimately had the final decision up front so that they managed our expectations better. But, at the end of the day, it is a TV show and I'm sure that all reality tv shows have influences from the producers, after all, it has to make good tv to get the ratings. So, if one thinks of BB as a regular tv show and that all the actors are ad-libbing then maybe it won't be so painful that our voices were heard but they didn't do anything about it.

As for Allison G. leaving. I've only became an addicted viewer last year and I honestly have to say that Dick drew me in...so I can't speak to how the other BB shows (I watched CBS the year that Dr. Will was on but only sporatically). I personally don't have a problem with her but I don't have anything to compare her to.

I love watching BB now and will continue to be an addict even when some of the HG's get on my nerves, they are squirting milk, having strip shows, cussing up a storm, reading the Bible, playing pool or whatever. I love Morty's site and without Morty's I wouldn't be a BB crackhead--I could put down the BB pipe...but then again, I DON'T want to...

LOL! BigMDGirl, I agree... I too am addicted to BB and Morty's. I am glad he is back, it definitely keeps things from being too boring... plus it gives folks something to gripe about. I tend to be an Adam and Matt griper... LOL!

I think I (and ultimately CBS) warned everyone about the America's "Choice" vote when i mentioned that they only ever said which houseguest would you like to give a chance to return to the house?

Anyone who is pissed about the way it turned out should get the f over it. They never said your voted houseguest would in fact return. You got played and that's why you're cranky about it.

The difference peppep is that we are the consumer not the contestant. I can't get "played" because I'm not playing. CBS can manipulate us though.

I always thought the customer was always right.

Ha! If you voted for someone on CBS.com, you played. You tried to have a say in what happens in the game.

If CBS had blatantly said "Who do you want to vote back in" and then did what they did, that might be considered manipulation. The fact that they broadcast the idea of only giving someone a chance, and then doing just that shows that they manipulated no one. All they did was word it so that the people who actually pay attention would understand what would happen. Sorry you didn't get that.

BBNut I don't think I am smarter than everyone who is mad and I never meant to imply that. I was just trying to open people's eyes to the fact that CBS didn't manipulate anyone. It wasn't FALSE advertising because like I said, they advertised exactly what happened. The Chance.

And if you didn't vote, I don't understand why you felt the need to reply to what I posted, let alone voice an opinion about customers always being right in a thread with the title "America's Choice Results in James returning, Do You Feel Cheated" in the title? With no vote, and no participation in this latest "twist", how valid is your reply?

P.S. Nice touch trying to insult me by saying I'm probably not smarter than everyone who is mad. You're amazingly quick to assume my level of intelligence, when you just rebuked the idea that I might have done just that.

Ok peppep, you are right. Because I didn't take the time to vote, I can't have an opinion on the topic.

I felt intentionally misled. You seem very smug that you knew all of this all along and implied that we aren't as intelligent because we didn't.

If I harbored even an ounce of smugness about it I would never have bothered to include anyone on Morty's about my intrigue in the wording of the America's Choice Vote. I never spoke about intelligence. I spoke about attention. I like you BBNut. You're a challenger. You're not some boring one line poster. I dedicated my donation to you. You still haven't told me what city you are in!

They've been manipulating the game for a long time now. I remember the first time I realized this. It was a comp with Sarah/James as partners and had something to do with pitching. James was a pitcher.

While it may not be out and out rigged, manipulating by the producers is very easy to achieve in this game, especially when you MAKE UP TWISTS as you go along.

If I tell you my city, the fashion comments will make more sense.

I'm in Seattle Washington (at least for a short time longer). I love my chacos!

Ahh peepep you have much to learn young grasshopper. Remember I'm always right, and if you disagree you are a person that tends to be wrong :-P (hee hee).

Ugh how boring would any show be without Production Staff input or as some of you say "manipulation"? There's a reason why the people who are Producers on successful shows that make it past 1 or 2 seasons are employed - because their job is to keep an audience, and a successful show. Pretty sure the producers on BB are doing just that. And I'm pretty sure that Season 1 had a minimal amount of this. Bor-ing!

Oh BBNut, how I love thee. Neither you or I can be wrong when voicing opinions.

Archived