Amanda Fainted

Marty

uvp, I agree... one reason I wanted to watch the video was to see the reaction by BB.. would they come rushing in, would we see paramedics at her side... I've got my own personal history of passing out at strange times... in the second video link posted by Elle(thanks!), Amanda goes down 53 seconds into it... at 1:29 James is looking in the camera and trying to get in the DR... 1:37 Amanda comes to and starts gasping for air... 1:47 Alex goes thru the first DR door... at 2:00 we get trivia... 1 min 7 seconds since she went down...

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Allison was talking this morning and said while the Paramedics were treating her is when Amanda passed out so they were already there. I guess they got good treatment but the BB people behind the walls were slow to respond. NOT GOOD.

To those complaining about BB not responding quickly enough, I'm not sure how being able to view the production staff, equates to rapid treatment, but I'd venture to guess Amanda was received care faster than 99% of all citizens who haven't actually passed out in, or in front of, a Police Station, Fire House, or Hospital.

That said, after viewing the video, I'm not entirely convinced that she wasn't embellishing her condition a bit...not that she wasn't hypoglycemic, but that she made it out to be worse than it was. I'm just thinking that the HG had to fill out some sort of medical history form, and one would think that Amanda would indicate that proper nutrition was vital...so, to me, it doesn't seem likely that they would risk litigation (or worse...bad PR!) by intentionally putting a HG in danger. The HG signing a waiver/hold harmless agreement may not be enough to protect the production company and network.

She didn't have to have a past condition, people can become hypoglycemic at any time. It may be the onset of something new she didn't know she had.

Gingersnaps, I hope your joking about someone all of a sudden being allergic to something. I LOVE peanuts and I LOVE shrimp. I would hate to wake up one day and all of a sudden not be able to eat one of them.

Unfortunately, not. I am not joking. People can develop allergies to food and other things any time in their lives. The body thinks the food is a foreign object and then releases histamine. I'm sure you've heard of people who take anti-histamines.

Don't be afraid, you can't go through your life thinking that next time you eat something you will get a reaction. It's something to be aware of and the first time it happens you should not ignore it. :)

No better way to bring up the ole glucose level! ha ha ha.

From the live feeds today:

Chelsea says she didn't think Amanda's fainting thing was real and then Allison says it is weird because she went to the hospital before Amanda and got out after.

So I think it's pretty much confirmed that Chelsia is calling Amanda a liar. And this is what I thought last night and that is why I thought it was very hypocritical for Chelsia to sit around making a get well card and acting concerned.

:marie: I used to eat kiwi...I love kiwi....one day I ate some and my tongue got blisters all over it and my throat got very sore, I didn't have a breathing problem. I told the Dr about it on a visit, and he told me never to eat kiwi again.

I think BB knew about Amanda having hypoglycemia, she just didn't eat like she was supposed to. I think Chelsia is a B!t*H, its pathetic that she's saying Amanda was faking! I can't wait for Chelsia to GO!

:pixiedust:

I think Chelsia, although catty, has every right to believe Amanda was faking it. These two have never liked eachother so picking eachother apart is really on par for the course when it comes to this show.

Amanda is having rules bent to her favor, and it pisses Chelsia off.

I agree Francis, she and Alli were in the bathroom this evening getting ready and Chels said that when she first hear she had fainted she did say "I guarantee that she is doing it for the drama, I guarantee it!", and she said that when she got in the house she knew that something was up, she knew something was wrong. Then Alli brought up the fact that she thought it was interesting "IF her hypoglycemia was so serious then why would she leave the hospital before me?" Chels asks if she did leave before her and Alli says "Yeah, isn't that weird... if it was like so serious and all" Chels said 'yeah'.

Funny, no one thought/verbalized that Natalie was faking. And by her behavior (disppointed Matt wouldn't sleep with her) I would say she was the biggest fake. She saw the attention on Allison and Amanda and wanted some too.

Chelsia if at the time was against Allison, she would have said she was faking too, even after seeing eyes bulding and huge tongue.

Can't wait until Chelsia is on the block...

I agree Francis, she and Alli were in the bathroom this evening getting ready and Chels said that when she first hear she had fainted she did say "I guarantee that she is doing it for the drama, I guarantee it!", and she said that when she got in the house she knew that something was up, she knew something was wrong. Then Alli brought up the fact that she thought it was interesting "IF her hypoglycemia was so serious then why would she leave the hospital before me?" Chels asks if she did leave before her and Alli says "Yeah, isn't that weird... if it was like so serious and all" Chels said 'yeah'.

Hypoglycemia (if no damage to other organs) can be treated with glucose tabs, take a fingerstick get a within normal range and goodbye. They raise the glucose levels and that is what she needed. On the other hand, after Allisons airway opened with the epi she probably still had inflammation/hives and needed steroids/benadryl. She would have to be observed for no adverse reactions from the other meds.

Both could have had more testing in the hospital, but they didn't. Allison could have had her allergy testing there but they chose to send them both back to the house.

It's not a matter of who is less/more ill, but how they were medically treated.

They should have had some glucagon on hand for just such occasions. I am a medic and have seen many hypoglycemic episodes. Hers looked genuine.

idk if oral glucagon would have been answer

you need something iv like d50

It was Allison's intention to make it seem like Amanda was faking it...that's what Chelsia already believed anyway so it didn't take much for Allison, with her extensive knowledge of drugs :rolleyes:, to reinforce the doubt. I believe Allison knows that Amanda wasn't faking it though...she just doesn't care if anyone suspects otherwise. She's very cunning.

Archived