Amanda Fainted

Marty

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SLOP: It's 290 calories per serving, loaded with 27g protein, 40 grams of carbs. However, one has to EAT the slop to get the carbs (which would convert into sugar).

It's very scary that she passed out but she will have to eat the slop if she wants to stay in the house healthy.

Where did you get this information about slop? Josh and Alex were talking about the nutritional contents of slop yesterday or today and they both said that it had 0 grams of sugar and 0 grams of carbs. They were both saying they weren't sure if that is correct.

However, if it is ... that would be the source of Amanda's problem. I have seen her eat the slop at least yesterday and earlier today.

I do know it is different from being diabetic though. Diabetes has to do with the amount of insulin your body produces and such.

Here is a definition of hypoglycemia:

Hypoglycemia (hypoglycaemia in British English) is the medical term for a pathologic state produced by a lower than normal level of glucose (sugar) in the blood. The term hypoglycemia literally means "under-sweet blood" (Gr. hypo-, glykys, haima). Hypoglycemia can produce a variety of symptoms and effects but the principal problems arise from an inadequate supply of glucose as fuel to the brain, resulting in impairment of function (neuroglycopenia). Derangements of function can range from vaguely "feeling bad" to coma and (rarely) permanent brain damage or death. Hypoglycemia can arise from many causes and can occur at any age.

AMJ--

I received the SLOP nutritional information for Morty's archives from BB7. I did however, make the assumption that it was the same slop in BB9 as in BB7.

I do understand that being hypoglycemic is different from being a diabetic BUT a diabetic can go into a hypoglycemic coma from not having enough sugar.

All I was trying to say is that Amanda needs to eat and if Slop is her only choice (besides the condiments) then she needs to eat it. Based on the ingredients, etc., it appears to me, IMO, that it has enough nutrients, etc. I'm no medical doctor BUT I do understand that if one has low blood sugar, then one must eat.

Of course. If she isn't eating the slop she can become hypoglycemic. Someone listed protein and carb amount. You're right eating slop won't hurt you, but not eating will.

Side note: The other hg seem unphased by it all. Ryan could care less where Allison is and Matt is worried about basketball. At least we know they might actually be there to win the money.

When is being callous a good thing? (except when you're me sitting in the bb viewer chair). But seriously, they're a bunch of airheads. I threw the money thing out there, whatever I say should never be taken too seriously. You would think that they might be talking about the episode, but they are talking about shaq o'neil. Go figure.

PS - I think it was Alex who mentioned that they should send a get well card to the hospital...all is not lost.

Lots of talk about the difference between diabetes and hypoglycemia. I'm a nursing student so I thought I would add my knowledge to the convo lol. Diabetes is when the sugar is too high because the pancreas doesn't produce enough insulin. Insulin is what lowers the sugar, which is why some people with diabetes have to take insulin. Hypoglycemia is when your body's wires are somewhat crossed and your sugar is always low even after eating. It usually doesn't become episodic as long as the person is eating every few hours to keep something in there bodies and it doesnt necessarily have to be sugar or say it has so many grams of sugar in the product. BB may have not been worried b/c although everyones case is different most people with hypoglycemia do not have episodes regularly. My husband is hypoglycemic and he doesnt have to monitor his glucose. As long as he is eating he's fine. We've been together for 5 years and he's only had one episode. They're probably not going to make any special considerations for Amanda because if she eats, she most likely shouldn't have any problems.

:marie: Thanks Sara for that post. I think Amanda could come back into house and be fine if she eats. My hubby is so bad he has to use a monitor, he's had it for over 30 years and he's been down a few times, he'll get busy and forget to eat. He has to carry glucose tablets. So I hope Amanda gets to come back in.....I sure don't want to see one of the other booted HGs come back.

:pixiedust:

Nah, I didn't mean it was a good thing. There was just so much talk about how the hg were there to become celebrities and for free booze and sex parties, so I thought hey maybe they really are there for the money and couldn't care less how the other guest leave.....ambulance or door!

Ditto........good info and also good to know that "maybe" Amanda is just like some other people with this chronic problem who may think that since they are OK for a period of time, after learning to live with it, they get comfortable with thinking they'll be OK.

Great info Sarah. I'm sorry that I muddied up the water by bringing up anything about being a diabetic and understanding low blood sugar. I hope that Amanda will be all right and now understands the seriousness of taking care of herself and her hypoglycemia. Clearly, it is something that one cannot take lightly.

There are two bouquet of flowers that were brought out of the storeroom. One for each of them. I guess they are expected back soon. Allison probably got some benadryl and my guess is Amanda told them at the hospital what happened. If they are coming back so soon, I don't think there were any special testing done.

Well..........as I can't say as much about the hgs................I am really impressed by the way that most of the posters reacted..........it just goes to show that empathy and compassion is not lost in our society............maybe in the BB house, but NOT in our world!

:party_smilie:

It amazes me how these two girls are back in the house after two simultaneous accidents and Sheila shows concern for about 5 minutes before bitching about Adam again for an hour. She needs to either leave the game or STFU. Like the girls don't have enough on their minds already without having to listen to Sheila's rampant ego.

:marie: I'm glad to see A&A back....maybe I don't care for them much....but glad that they can stay in the game.....to bad so sad Chelsia! I'm sure she was hoping Amanda was gone for good. I bet if they'd have announced that Amanda wasn't coming back because she was too ill....Chelsia would dance for joy! She's just that bad! jmho

:pixiedust:

Archived