Friday, August 31st

Yana

Why America is stupid by Xal:

Anyone and everyone who votes for something even though they know that it would not help Eric go further into the game.

I thought we talked about this in about 500 other posts.

We don't agree on this do we????

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I

f America votes to help Eric and Jess then they are smart?

If America votes however the hell they want then they are stupid?

In that case America has been pretty good to Eric and Jess with the woobies and kisses and all..... (or was that stupid?)

Umm, do you so soon forget (selective memory and all I bet) that the only reason Eric is still here is because of the producers and fast talk in the DR? Do you so soon forget that it was America who pretty much would have gotten him evicted had it not been for that DR due to their crazy votes for a few weeks in a row?

Eric is there because of the producer's, not America. America screwed over Eric royally. It's almost as if America didn't want the AP there anymore. America should be making choices which will keep Eric in the game the longest so they can...brace yourselves...CONTINUE to have a say. If Eric's gone, guess what, America doesn't have a say any longer.

I wanted Eric to leave then and I am ready for him to leave now.

The game is what it is. Anything could have happened. People have not always listened to the swaying of the producers. They mostly play the game they want.

I don't caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaare if Eric leaves.

America should be making choices which will keep Eric in the game the longest so they can..

That's the point; there's no "should".

America's choice means CHOICE. They vote how they wish.

America should be making choices which will keep Eric in the game the longest so they can...brace yourselves...CONTINUE to have a say.

I really don't care if I have a say anylonger... i have enjoyed it so far and will enjoy it if it contunies, but I don't really care anymore... That's my opinion and I'm entitled to it without being called stupid for it...

Gee should I replace "stupid" with "selfish"? Would that make you guys feel better? It's the truth after all.

I mean, you'd THINK people's goals would be to get Eric far as possible into the game so they could continue to have a voice, but instead their selfish instincts take over and a few times have screwed Eric majorly. Again, he should be gone because of a few of America's votes, but since they wanted other people out so bad he got caught as the "odd" vote a few times. Had he been nailed red-handed I don't think even the producer's could have gotten him out of that one.

Then all of you guys who love Dick so much would have lost HIM too since Eric wouldn't have been here for Dick to be saved three weeks ago.

Naa, we don't think about that do we? Facts tend to get in the way sometimes.

Xal I don't care if I don't have a vote. To be honest the whole idea of AP is for America to decide what goes on in the house. Eric works for us not the other way around and since IF I was in the house I would align myself with D&D then I will vote the way that helps D&D. You may feel that since Eric is the AP that it is your duty to help him but not everyone sees it that way. After all we never got a chance to pick the houseguest we wanted as AP so to me I owe Eric nothing.

Well, I am not voting like you and I know I don't vote like Xal and therefore I know he is calling me stupid along with the others that think like me... It's against the rules of this forum...

OH yeah? Loophole time.

We're allowed to discuss anything we want about the GAME and say anything we want about the people playing the GAME. Since America is also playing the GAME this year, I think it's well within my rights to say some of the choices America has collectively made is STUPID. How do you like that? If you choose to be a part of the game and yes, effect the game directly and influence its outcome, then why can't you be called to task on it. After all, America is basically the 15th houseguest.

Maybe you honestly think I believe that everyone who likes Dick is stupid, but that's not the case. What I'm saying is the way America voted a few times was stupid because it should have gotten Eric evicted. Then, no more AP and no more influence. It's like some of you WANTED to not have a say anymore and were sabotaging Eric.

When you know Eric is trying to evict Nick and the votes are almost all going to be for Nick, telling Eric to vote for someone else isn't the smartest thing to do if you want Eric to stay in the game.

But Xal, how do YOU decide what is "boneheaded" for OTHERS to do??

I just don't get it.

Logic flow chart.

I want to have a voice in AP.

In order to have that voice Eric needs to stay in the game.

I am now going to make a vote which clearly puts Eric in jeopardy from leaving.

Now I no longer have a voice in the game.

In other words, logic dictates you don't make crazy moves, ala when Eric couldn't vote to evict Nick, because if you continue to, you will no longer have a vote.

I never said it wasn't your right, I'm just saying it's counter-productive. If I want my girlfriend to stay with me I'm not going to start giving her dutch ovens every night. That's a boneheaded move.

But Xal you are missing the point most of us are saying we don't care if we have a vote at this point. Truth is the task are lame and once Eric decided not to do what we wanted then I guess the whole AP concept lost it's meaning. When we voted to get Kail out and Eric didn't try to get her out the what's the point of even having the AP if Eric does what he wants and will put effort into a task only if he feels he wants to. Eric betrayed us not the other way around.

Ya know....... the AP concept has not really been all that fun. Voting on woobies and kisses. At this point in the game Eric is just mucking up stuff and getting in the way in the way BB should be played.

Ever notice the ONLY PEOPLE, and I mean ONLY people I ever argue with on these entire forums, or any other forum I am on quite frankly, are about five or six of the same people?

I just think it's funny how well I get along with everyone her but those few people who, for whatever reason, seem diametrically opposed to each other in every way, shape or form. If I am such a trouble maker and a jerk I wouldn't get along with anyone here. It's just a few people. I don't get it.

edit - don't worry there will never be another AP, for many reasons, not the least of which is people already know about it now.

Ever notice the ONLY PEOPLE, and I mean ONLY people I ever argue with on these entire forums, or any other forum I am on quite frankly, are about five or six of the same people?

I just think it's funny how well I get along with everyone her but those few people who, for whatever reason, seem diametrically opposed to each other in every way, shape or form. If I am such a trouble maker and a jerk I wouldn't get along with anyone here. It's just a few people. I don't get it.

I think some people don't like condescending talk and feel the need to express their differing opinions. That is what forum posting is about. Expressing our opinion.

Well you did call America stupid for not agreeing with you or having the same opinion on the AP as you which really bothered some people. I tend to think we can use the AP votes for whatever we want. You feel a need to help Eric while other feel that the AP votes are there vote and voice in the house and they can vote anyway they want even if it mean Eric gets screwed and we lose the voice. I agree with Marty when he said at this point in the game the AP stuff is just getting in the way of the game and is no longer needed.

I wanted to see more stuff like the mustard on Jen's shirt. I think they would have driven themselves crazy trying to figure out who was doing things to them. Maybe Eric could have been told to start a rumor about someone, or throw someones clothes in the pool in the middle of the night. Those would have been entertaining.

I

think some people don't like condescending talk and feel the need to express their opinions. That is what forum posting is about. Expressing our opinion.

Therein lays the irony since I feel I have been treated in the same way by some of you.

Maybe it's time we just ignored each other and peace could break out all over.

Everything I say is analyzed to the point of absurdity in my opinion. I didn't mean you guys were stupid in life. I meant it not as a descriptive term but as a flabbergasted term in much the same way as if I had said "freakin' America, damn America" or any other number of expletives which I hadn't thought of at the time. In other words, I firmly believe it is AP that has ruined the game this year. America is part of AP, America IS AP, thus they have gone a long way to making the game what it is, and I hope I never see it again.

I'm sure you are all very intelligent people with degrees and everything else under the sun. I just don't trust America to vote on a game show because it's too much of a popularity contest when it shouldn't be.

That's my opinion and you are free to disagree.

If a majority of voters don't want eric in the game, then BB should stop the America*'s Player twist. As eric isn't that popular on the polls, it's a no-brainer.

They should bring eric into the DR, tell him he can vote how he wants to and america* will not interfere. He can keep his winnings, as long as he doesn't tell anyone about the A*P twist. Then BB can bring all of the HG's together on Thursday (during double eviction) and say that america* now will have a vote, as well. Or some other BS. OR they could just go back to simple America* Choice items.

Archived