CA NOW Issued An Action Alert To Its Members To Contact Cbs About Dicks Behaviour.

cktb2793

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am not on Dick/Dani side or Jen side I just enjoy watching BB. However, if Jen felt threatened or if Dick's antics or abuse was over the top she had a voice and should have used it to vote him out last week. So, that proves opinions change week to week of each other in the house and that they are playing a game. Mental as it seems I would never be able to be a player on BB but I do enjoy watching, and yes sometimes I cringe at things that are done and said but thats what they sign up for. Anything goes. JMHO

Thanks Yana, I knew you probaly had done something wheteher you were familiar with NOW or not! It doesnt take that much energy to do something constructive.

No it really doesn't at all... I just submitted the paper work for a grant to get us help with the funds... We also have a camp for the handicapped... It's so they can go and experience the feeling of going to summer camp once a year like a "normal" child would... They get to fish, swim, do arts and crafts, bowl, watch movies, do little skits for the families on family day, etc... We also do a program called Jaycees against youth smoking, or JAYS, We have the Citizens Corps, Get Out The Vote, and help out with things like FAMILY TALK and AMERICAN CANCER SOCIETY: RELAY FOR LIFE, amoung other local events and charities... One chapter here in Georgia alone took 5 semi trucks to LA. after Katrina, so yes I am very involved in my community...

This is why things like this touch me so much more severely than so many other people here.

Xal, I too, have worked with women and children victims of abuse (physical and sexual) for years, and I'm well aware of the damage that's a result of the abuse...

So I don't know that you're "touched more severely". We simply all have different perceptions of the show, and its implications.

NOW parted ways with traditional, "Equality based", feminist views in the 70's and took the movement into the realm of gotcha politics and selective help...

First, they disparaged housewives... Do we all remember that NOW phase?

Then, theories of power differentials using the Clarence Thomas case to highlight the workplace difference in power between Thomas and one of his senior assistants, Anita Hill. The most damning testimony came from Hill when she offered her famous little ditty on his alleged humor which she claims included the phrase, "pubic hair on a coke can". This argument makes sense to me, I'm sold...

This was followed by completely ignored requests for help by made Paula Jones through her attorney which again highlighted workplace power differences, but added attempted molestation & Gov. Clinton's exposed genitals to the mix. Unfortunately for Ms. Jones, she was complaining about one of NOW's friends. The Clinton workplace power differential issues went without an attack by NOW, the rest never again mentioned.

Just goes to show you how "FAIR" minded NOW has become. Apparently, the "workplace power difference" idea NOW sold me during Thomas/Hill hearings is based on two lists. Friends or Enemies. For your reputation's sake (as well as, your bankbook's) make sure to be on the friends list.

It's no longer about equality; for the power people at NOW, it's about the POWER and using it to whack those they don't like.

First test to get NOW to help you: Are you or have you ever been a conservative? if Yes, hit the door.

Second question to get NOW to help you: Are you making a complaint against one of our pals????, if Yes, hit the door.

They've become a partner for greedy opportunists and a haven for the terminally politically correct.

I have never seen a weak gender, I've only seen weak individuals. And Jen is no weakling. This is about money for most and will be about celebrity for Jen when she gets out the BB house. Jen stood up to Dick in the beginning and then attacked him only when she thought she was going to get tossed. Tactics, tactics, tactics...

Our great grand mothers crossed the prairies, our grandmother stood up to Hitler and Tojo. Today's women is afraid of Dick Denato.

Please, NOW, Please, please, help poor little helpless Jen be saved from that big bad man. Please NOW, instead of empowering women and showing women their power & inner strength, please be their daddy and go beat up that bad man taking trash to my poor weak little girl. And Please, Please, Please NOW, protect America's weak gender from that massive BRUTE of a man, Dick Denato.

Somehow, somewhere, the feminist message of equality and inner strength was lost. Now, we get is this weak gender message. Not what I want for the daughters of the women that crossed oceans, crossed prairies, crossed mountains, and did so much more than most are willing to admit when it came to fighting in WWII. This is 2007 folks, do we really think a women is too weak to be yelled at? Do we really think that a women is too weak to be in a confrontation? If you do, then without doubt your grandmothers are embarrassed by their weak wussie granddaughters.

F. Monk

Aren't there women being savagely raped and killed in places like Darfur? How about worrying about them instead of one lame chick on a reality show NOW?

That sort of thinking is seriously disturbing. To think that just because people are being severely hurt in a sexual way or killed, those who suffer from lesser acts of abuse should be ignored? No wonder so many women stay quiet about being verbally or physically abused.

Wow -- I'm sorry, but I really like Dick and Dani. However, I did NOT hear Dick say that specific thing to Jen, which is absolutely wrong in every way, shape and form. I think it's despicable. Is this on tape somewhere? Did someone actually hear him say this? I'm asking because the BB8 forum I belong to and the people I talk with, who virtually stay up all night watching the live feeds, say it didn't happen, nor that the burning of the cig happened (or Dick admitting it). Can anyone enlighten me?

Obviously, when you go on a show like that, or any reality show for that matter, the producers tell you that everything and anything can be said and happen. Obviously, there are rules which should have consequences for breaking them. Jen broke many rules -- why are they letting her get away with it? Dick has crossed the line, but perhaps he hasn't broken any rules yet? I don't know, but I do feel (until I have proof that Dick did say that horrible thing to Jen), Dick shouldn't leave. Jen went after him first; Dick turned his cig towards her in defense; Then, when they switch the screen to a "technical difficulty" screen, you can see Jen slapping Dick -- Dick didn't do anything back to her. Now, Jen is not following more rules and the only punishment for her is to get a nomination vote? Wrong! She should be getting a nomination vote for each day she eats, along with no HOH for the rest of the game. It's ridiculous. Again, please don't bash me because I am not defending Dick (yet), I only would like proof and to hear from people who heard and/or saw it.

Bottom-line: People who go on these shows need to understand that the producers are going to place very different personalities in the house -- you have to have thick skin, you have to be prepared for the worse and you have to follow the rules.

Jen to me, for what she's shown the world, is an empty shell walking around, shifting her eyes to see if the camera is watching her while she acts nonchalant; showing her "sponge-BUTT square pants" off to whoever will look, being as shallow as one can be and assuming always that this show is going to be about "her." She brought a lot of this on herself. She is the epitome of "self-centered."

Again, just my two cents...and that's the way I see it!!

PS -- GO DICK AND DANI!!

Well if Dick's actions are justified, then I think so should be the actions of Amber and Dustin.

Agreed Jenfan...and I think the antipathy towards Dustin from a lot of us here, had a lot to do with disliking him on a personal level, as well as any of his actions.

I just want to say THIS IS DUMB.

Truth be known, Fact is, Jen came into the house with a grudge against smokers. In the first comp she was telling Kail not to let "that old man" or Dick touch her because he was a smoker. THen later on when Dick came near her she was all "DON"T TOUCH ME! EEEW YOU SMOKE"

Maybe if she wouldn't have acted this way with him, he wouldn't have been so nasty to her. She is the one who made it very clear that she HATES smokers regardless.

And for whoever posted about about him having a record. HAHAHAHA so maybe Amber shouldn't have been allowed on the show because she has an addiction to meth. I just don't see what that has to do with anything. I mean, you can have a record for having too many tickets. Doesn't mean you are a bad person.

How come Dick is getting along with everyone else right now? I don't think that he is always this way outside of the house. If he were, he wouldn't be able to hold any jobs that is for sure! Who would want him around unless he worked in a prison?

How come Dick is getting along with everyone else right now? I don't think that he is always this way outside of the house. If he were, he wouldn't be able to hold any jobs that is for sure! Who would want him around unless he worked in a prison?

cause he has hoh power. fun how when he has hoh he is change man but when he loses it all hell breaks lose

As far as working in Darfur, don't worry, NOW, Amnesty International and other groups are doing a lot.

I'm concerned that people are saying that if Jen felt abused why didn't she leave. Well, Kail asked to leave because she didn't want to take the abuse anymore. If youhaven't heard the DR session, take a listen. The guy behind the camera is guilting her into staying. Jen and even Eric have claimed that they went to the DR to request some sort of action be taken to stop Dick's behavior. But did they do anything? Nope. So by some people's rationale, everyone who felt threatened by Dick should just leave the show. Isn't that what Jen is doing?

fox news?? people, really? come on, what does it say about a 'news' organization that they are the ones you pick to send complaints about a reality show. what do you expect them to do. . . . . just another reason to laugh at Greta, Bill and the rest of them over at Fox Noise.

Why not CNN, or MSNBC or ABC . . . . . Fox?? Honestly?

She isnt a prisoner, if she felt that threatened, no amount of DR coersion could make her stay. Especially if $750/wk isn't up to her standards or she can easily toss aside a quarter of a million bucks. She isn't married to Dick with children, trapped in a marriage where she feels there is no escape, the BBhouse has several doors.

As far as working in Darfur, don't worry, NOW, Amnesty International and other groups are doing a lot.

I'm concerned that people are saying that if Jen felt abused why didn't she leave. Well, Kail asked to leave because she didn't want to take the abuse anymore. If youhaven't heard the DR session, take a listen. The guy behind the camera is guilting her into staying. Jen and even Eric have claimed that they went to the DR to request some sort of action be taken to stop Dick's behavior. But did they do anything? Nope. So by some people's rationale, everyone who felt threatened by Dick should just leave the show. Isn't that what Jen is doing?

I just want to say THIS IS DUMB.

Truth be known, Fact is, Jen came into the house with a grudge against smokers. In the first comp she was telling Kail not to let "that old man" or Dick touch her because he was a smoker. THen later on when Dick came near her she was all "DON"T TOUCH ME! EEEW YOU SMOKE"

Maybe if she wouldn't have acted this way with him, he wouldn't have been so nasty to her. She is the one who made it very clear that she HATES smokers regardless.

And for whoever posted about about him having a record. HAHAHAHA so maybe Amber shouldn't have been allowed on the show because she has an addiction to meth. I just don't see what that has to do with anything. I mean, you can have a record for having too many tickets. Doesn't mean you are a bad person.

Let's see where to start....

1. Jen's words of hate/disgust towards smokers or even that she didn't want that old man touching her would not start this sort of war on BB boards or ANY reality show. She is just looked at as self-absorbed/conceited. Her actions are NOT comparable to Dicks actions from the start of the show to now.

2. As already mentioned, Dick is getting along with people because Dani told him he needed votes. His main victims were already booted. He's also so fearful of losing Dani again that he holds his TRUE self back for her. He knows it upsets her as she has stated she's lived with "this" (his behavior) her entire life.

3. As far as holding a job: He's a bartender not CEO of a company. His bartending isn't at some classy yuppy bar or where there's a sign outside that says "must wear shoes and t-shirt to enter." His attitude is more acceptable. Your reasoning would hold more weight if he worked as practically anything else. I don't think he could work somewhere where he didn't have leeway to be his own boss as you do when you're a bartender.

Dick arguement/fight scorecard time

Dani-Wrong

Kail-Wrong

Jen- Wrong

Nick-Wrong

Eric-Wrong

Amber-Wrong

Jameka-Wrong

NOW-Wrong

Dick-Always in the right

happens every bb :food-smiley-005:

No one has said that Dick is always right, thats juvenile. That's the way Dick is playing the game, the other side is wrong when not playing by his rules. The flip side of that argument would be that everyone else is always right and Dick is always wrong. Makes no sense unless its a fantasy world. Wait, it is!

Archived