CA NOW Issued An Action Alert To Its Members To Contact Cbs About Dicks Behaviour.

cktb2793

These people know what this show is like, they have watched prior seasons and made the choice to be part of it. They are responsible for their choice.....no one twisted their arm to go on the show. End of story
\

I completely agree with you 100%

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Depeche,

I think you're on to something... The fight against the ideologies of death and destruction: Communism, Fascism, Nazism, Dick Denato...

So you find it necessary to bring up the big three when it comes to ideologies that have killed millions. Obviously, for you, unpleasant, boorish, gutter, pushy, bossy, selfish, vulgar behaviors are morally equivalent to the most inhumane of dogmas, which by the way, killed hundreds of millions in the last century and brutalized hundreds of millions more. Dear God, what's happened to our schools???

The quality of discussion and thought on this board has sunk to new lows. Women aren't strong.... DD is somehow morally equivalent to the darkest, humanity crushing concepts man has ever devised.... Sad, very sad....

Dep, in past years, I've thought of your postings as a "Must Read". I hope you think twice about posting that quote. It minimizes the suffering of millions. It's also sad that some on this board had not yet come across that very important quote. We have to do better folks.

Well, that's it for me this year. The threads of the last few days have sunk far too deeply into petty pissing contests. Reading these posts is disheartening. The quality of thought and argument is abismal. This is not fun anymore so see ya next year. Have fun in the muck. I'm outta here.

A very Sad Monk.

I certainly don't speak for Depeche, but don't see what you see in that quote FM.

That can quote can be applied to many situations, not just the one it was borne from.

Look at it in spirit rather than literally.

This situation is a slippery slope, speak up, or one day it could be you.

Monk, Im sorry you feel that way but I respect your right to disengage. However, if you chose to deprive us of the one lone voice of reason what can you expect when you return.

I for one would like to say I really wish someone in the house would confront dick on his verbal abuse. I think if he were made aware of how others in the house feel when he goes off he may try to keep himdelf in check

I have noticedhow others in the house cower when he goes off havent others seen that?

I in no way approve of Dick's sodomy comment. It was outrageous and uncalled for. But I have to say that I also find it outrageous and uncalled for that so many are in effect turning into a lynch mob and want to crucify the guy. I do not think that Dick Denato is in any way shape or form the monster that people are making him out to be. Crude and vulger, I'll give you that. But I've also seen him to be kind and compassionate. I do not see Jen as a victim, and apparently, neither does CBS. She had it in for Dick the minute they walked in the house because of the smoking. Every confrontation I've seen her in, her attitude has been provoking, self centered and all about herself. The other houseguests also dislike her, but they have better self control than Dick. I think both Dick and Jen could use some therapy. But lets not ruin the guys life and make a heroine out of a questionable person like Jen.

Now, if people are so unhappy with the turn of events on the show then,

why don't they just walk away and not watch it??....

Instead of comeing on here to degrade everyone and their personally lives.....

AND trying to bait others!!!!

I was always taught that if you didn't have anything nice to say,

then say nothing at all and walk away......

Following your logic, Dick should have walked away week 1. Or did you just mean everyone except Dick?

I wouldn't bat an eye at Dicks threats. I don't see his threats as more than words. I don't feel an intent to actually harm (the cig incident is exempted due to the fact that Jen was reaching for it).

And I wouldn't bat an eye at the iced tea incident. :omg: I can't count the things that my brother/sister/friends poured on my head over the years - including hair dye!

It was childish. Just as mean as so many children can be.

I posted a few weeks back that I smashed a very syrupy pancake in my brothers face a long time ago because he was annoying me at the breakfast table, Ice tea is nothin, and plz monk stay because I for one think your posts are sooo full of the truth, these boards have been a bit much to take lately.lol

NOW is still around???? where were they during all the Britney Spears, Paris Hilton, Lindsay Lohan nonsense????sounds like selective judgement in my opinion, maybe the above mentioned 3 aren't card carrying members?? I think NOW is just looking for some publicity and maybe, just maybe they might get some donations if they floated a press release...hmmmmm?

Yes, my brother was smackin his lips eatin and I warned him if he didn't stop I was gonna do something and I guess the pancake was the 1st thing I could think of, my girlfriend was on anovernitght at our house and she was sittin there with her mouth hangin open, my mother was sort of laughing, and my borhter ended up not smakin those lips and of course 30 years later, or maybe 40 we get along fine and laugh about it, our family called ourselves the "Fighting Whites" my maided name,lol We fought hard and loved hard.

NOW NOW NOW ( do ferrets have a NOW?)

dicks behavior has been so abusive that jen continued to sleep in the same room all this time. thats all the proof i need to know that she does not fear him and does not feel abused.

I too, have worked with women and children victims of abuse (physical and sexual) for years, and I'm well aware of the damage that's a result of the abuse...

So I don't know that you're "touched more severely". We simply all have different perceptions of the show, and its implications.

Yath, thanks for bringing this up. i think to say that a person is "touched more severely" vs. everyone else here (not even knowing anyone's background) is hogwash! i hope people realize that just because the women here dont post openly about their knowledge or first hand experience regarding abuse doesnt mean its not there.

Aren't there women being savagely raped and killed in places like Darfur? How about worrying about them instead of one lame chick on a reality show NOW?

MY feelings exactly....just because ED used what he considered to be the most vitriolic rant as gameplay to make the people vote him out instead of his daughter and suddenly there's a lynch mob in Morty's????

Sounds like priorities are pretty screwed up in here...I think I'm gonna follow someone's lead and leave the forums as well....You guys are taking things WAYYYYY to seriously as you type away...it would be better usage of your free time if you feel the need to complain about something, try your Congressman, Senator or President! There's a war going on with REAL Americans dying...that is worth an e-mail or three.

Jeeezus

Archived