CA NOW Issued An Action Alert To Its Members To Contact Cbs About Dicks Behaviour.

cktb2793

If you have never heard about NOW and all the work it has done, I strongly suggest you Google it. Samething about organizations like NAACP, Amnesty International, and SCLC...they all have their problems, but they do raise awareness.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's such a joke, nothing is going to come out from this.

same thing don imus thought. dont kid yourself this is serious business :flags_unitedstates::flags_unitedstates::flags_unitedstates:

The adgena for NOW has changed so much over the years.

The president and the exective board of NOW is filled with a bunch of man hating woman most of them lesbians.

don imus is terrible and wasn't playing a game when he said what he said.

grasping for straws. so if i murder someone in the game its ok cause i was plAYING THE GAME smh :flags_unitedstates::flags_unitedstates::flags_unitedstates:

I have no desire to google NOW. It's obvious they do important things like sit around & watch reality TV so they can lobby against contestants so that's enough info for me.

Oh snap!! Jenfan sHa_thumb3.gif I agree there is no point in sitting around to argue with someone who takes a TV show so seriously.

Don't get me wrong, nothing will ever be "fixed" in my opinion because America is too messed up right now. It's too ingrained in our culture to hate other people and enjoy watching people say hateful things about each other. In many ways we're a society of sadists. I do think, however, that if just a few people change their thinking on incidents like this it was worth it.

I have no desire to google NOW. It's obvious they do important things like sit around & watch reality TV so they can lobby against contestants so that's enough info for me.Oh snap!! Jenfan

I have never heard of NOW either... All the others I know about though... Maybe it's because I was raised old school... I don't know...

murder? lol ....who's grasping? dick isn't violent...he's verbally abusive...and i've said i DO NOT agree with the things he's done...but it's all for show and game

Imus is a shock jock just like Howard Stern. His vitriol was all for the show as well...it was a game to him. It wasn't his true feelings...yet he got fired.

These people get PAID to be on this show. They get a stipend. They are EMPLOYEES of CBS.

It's actually VERY similar. There is only ONE difference. A bunch of people didn't make a stink about it like they did with Imus.

I guarantee you...I'd bet ANY amount of money if Dick had started calling Jameka the "N" word and other racially insensitive things he'd have been gone by now. I GUARANTEE IT because everyone from Al Sharpton to the NAACP would have been all over CBS like flies on a picnic.

Well the jewish comment Amber made was directed towards Eric plus it was a one time thing said about out of anger. I am not saying she is innocent but she isn't in the league of Evel Dick's tactics.

But I am sure Whamber will face the music once she gets out of the house.

I just wonder how ED would feel if say...ANYONE were to talk about Dani the way he talks to Jen and everyone else in the house. Somehow I think he would finally lose his temper and we would see what he is really capable of...JMO

then why isn't the jewish community up in arms about what amber said?

Are you serious? They did raise a minor fuss but do you not comprehend how much larger the African American community is than the Jewish community? As of 2001 there are only 2.8 million Jews in the entirety of the United States. (http://www.adherents.com/rel_USA.html

Largest Religious Groups in the USA)

As of 2005 there are 39.7 african americans.

The simple fact is Jews in America are a tiny minority and they do not have these large organizations like the NAACP to back them up. They don't have outspoken leaders like Sharpton and Jackson.

As a matter of fact, in public there are many races you can insult and while people will get unsettled often, if you do the same joke about an african american, it's a major no no.

So please, lets not compare the two. They cannot be compared.

There has always been something of a double standard where race and sex is concerned in the United States and there always will be.

All this over a TV show? Seriously. I'm sure CBS has their "ass"etts covered front to back on what goes down in the house. If Jen felt threatened by Dick SHE could go to the producers at anytime and complain. Has she COMPLAINED? No. She had a meltdown and screwed herself in the process (that or she's got a darn good plan in mind). Not our problem. We're merely observers. Quit whining and either enjoy the show or turn it off.

:cheers:

All this over a TV show? Seriously. I'm sure CBS has their "ass"etts covered front to back on what goes down in the house. If Jen felt threatened by dick SHE could go to the producers at anytime and complain. Has she COMPLAINED? No. She had a meltdown and screwed herself in the process (or she's got a plan in mind). Not our problem. We're merely observers. Quit whining and either enjoy the show or turn it off.

It's attitudes like yours, and I believe yours is the attitude of the majority in the United States, that keeps us in this stagnant puddle of perpetual hate speech.

I'm with Shelly and DB, this is total BS and nothing will come of it.... and in DB's defense... I too had never heard of NOW when I lived in her city, it wasn't until i moved that i heard of them, albeit through a calender on a coworker's desk, not a fundraiser, or new article or anything for an actual cause.... It's not like NOW has a public face in Alabama, let alone Birmingham...

BTW, what about Dustin's rant (on several occasions) of Dick having sex with Danielle and her being pregnant with his inbred child? should someone start a letter writing campaign there too???.

-A

Yana I really bet you are familiar with NOW -- National Organization for Women -- just in recent years they just use the letters. They really are a wonderful organization that has a huge membership (and no it is not a bunch of man hating lesbians) and have supported many many valuable causes to help women gain equality in the work force, in politics, with our own bodies etc.

Just info that might help someone know more about the group -- I have only touched on a very small amount. No I am not a member so I'm not spouting propaganda, I am just a woman who has seen the good of the organization from the outside.

no one wants to give dick credit for being nice and pleasant lately either. he didn't provoke this attack from jen. she did it without provocation and she was the one slapping dick around. i mean i would like to slap him around sometimes too, but jen isn't innocent in all this.

Archived