Penalty Vote

BJR

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it is funny that people are saying the coded letter isn't cheating, and they wish more houseguests thought of it. I'd love to know if those who feel that way would also feel that way if someone else had cheated with a coded letter, and it got their favorite houseguest out? I mean, if you honestly feel that it is brilliant strategy to cheat with a coded letter, then it would be brilliant no matter which houseguest did it. It would be brilliant if Dustin did it, or Jess, or Zach or Jameka, right?

I also think that it's funny that I was told a week ago that it was impossible to get a code in, and that it would be too complicated, and someone even wrote up a sarcastic dialogue of how it would be worked out (making it sound impossible).

I think the only solution is that if letters are going to come in from home, they would have to be turned in to CBS before any BB information is given out to the public (about twists) and before the show airs. So, BB would have letters that say "I love you," or, "If I know you, you're playing a great game," but no current news.

Or maybe they could have a reward where a contestant is allowed to decide on three questions that their family member could answer, and have the answer taped, but no phone calls.

No visits from hamsters who have been evicted that season--no outsiders like former houseguests being allowed to sit down and have a ciggie and tell the houseguests how they love them, etc.

And it would also be great if we could view the DR sessions, as they are allowed to do in the UK on BB. I think the handlers should be gone, too.

I'd really love to see the show get back to its roots of no outside influences, no outside communication, and BB calling the shots, instead of the houseguests.

WOW this thread is still going. I can't wait to go back and read what new conspiracies have been cooked up since I logged on last night. This is totally serious stuff, I mean, I think, someone wrote "I am canceling my feeds if Dick doesn't get a penalty vote". I might not remembering it exactly, but I pretty sure I read "I am canceling my feeds...".

Maybe we all should cancel our feeds and cancel our subscription to Showtime After Dark. We know Julie Shen loves Dick and we know Julie runs the whole show. I bet she even decides who wins BB this year.

I don't think I read that someone said they were cancelling their feeds because of penalty votes, but I did read that many have cancelled their feeds due to disgust feelings of the dispicable duo.

Anyways, you really can't call it a "conspiracy theory" since Dick has admiited it was preplanned to receive a coded letter from his son Vincent...don't cancel your internet connection because you can see Dick admit this on youtube...the post has been linked many times.

i bet at least half of the contestants that have ever been on BB have either thought of doing something like this or have tried it. dick is just the idiot who admits it to daniele on the live feeds.

a couple seasons ago my sister and i even talked about this very thing. we said it would probably be very easy to come up with some sort of code to communicate on whether you could trust your alliance or not if you won a phone call or if you won HOH and got a letter.

i would agree that once a houseguest is evicted, he/she should not be allowed to have contact with any remaining HG. it happened with BB6 when Janie got a phone call from Mike. and then with daniele and nick. i think once a HG is evicted, they should stay out of the game..

No need to bait, and you can use your same line of reasoning to favor the other HG. There's plenty of people here that hung Jen for eating a turkey burger but are giving Dick a free pass for his coded letter. If Jen cheated by eating, then Dick cheated with his letter.

There was no bait... I didn't say any names... The way I see it is if the shoe fits... I stated it was my opinion that both had cheated and both needed to be punished... There are those that are pitching a fit because of Dick saying the letter was coded, but applauded Jen for eating... Both of it was cheating period... Jen cheated because she had won the veto and took herself off the block, because she said she wouldn't eat anything other than slop for 30 days, she then went on to eat... CHEATING...

Nothing has come from it, nothing will.... it's done with now. Too little too late.

If nothing is done about it, I see Jen having a HUGE sexual descrimination law suit. And i think she could win it.

Wow Im surprised this is still such an issue, wasnt it already decided that the "leaked inof" was to not trust Jen and Eric, and those two had already been evicted so whats the big deal? It certainly didnt help anyone. They figured out not to trust them before getting the letter. My guess would be thats why he didnt get a penalty vote.

Wow Im surprised this is still such an issue, wasnt it already decided that the "leaked inof" was to not trust Jen and Eric, and those two had already been evicted so whats the big deal? It certainly didnt help anyone. They figured out not to trust them before getting the letter. My guess would be thats why he didnt get a penalty vote.

It's the priniciple of the whole thing. BB was so concerned with the integrity of the game when Jen broke the rules, but when Dick does it's no big deal. My guess is that they figure the game has lost all intergrity anyways so what's the point now?

Cheating is cheating no matter what the outcome and it needs to be dealt with, if for no other reason than for the integrity of the game.

We don't know if he got a penalty vote yet because Thursday will be the first time he'll be up for a vote - and then only if he doesn't get the veto. The other option BB has is the penalty nom - but he was already on the block when he read it.

While the outcome of THIS game is not affected by the code in THIS letter, what's to say there wasn't code back when he was first HOH? Jenn went up then. For sure it will affect future years in that letters will probably no longer be allowed.

CBS probably isn't in trouble with the FCC because like has been said, Dick did not receive an unfair advantage over another contestant.

SPOILER INFO:

You heard it here 1st folk...

Jameka has been getting messages sent to her by God via the Ants.

They have been spelling out various solutions to her and she has been washing the evidence down the sink or drowing them in Raid.

Now, I think that deserves a penalty nom.

ohh phewwwy

i guess jameka should also get a penalty for usuing bathroom products to write out math problems on the bathroom counter... BB told her to "knock it off" but they waited until she had done most of the math first. :glare:

maybe she should have stuck to counting things like candies or something that was not against the rules!

i think at one time or another, they have all broke a rule or two.

WOW this thread is still going. I can't wait to go back and read what new conspiracies have been cooked up since I logged on last night.

Again there is no conspiricy when the facts are layed out. I take it you are the type who puts their fingers in their ears and goes "LA LA LA LA LA I'm not listening"

The message the BBUK player got wasnt to advance her in the game, yet they did the right thing and booted her ass.

Hey Blackie!!! According to Dick's son Vincent (a post made and then deleted), Dick didn't get the code right... He thought it was about Jen and Eric, but it wasn't... Vincent didn't say what the code really was though...

Unfortunately, I dont think Dick will be getting a penalty vote because if he were I'm sure we would have heard the HGs talking about it. When Jen got her penalty nom, we knew about it right away, and then when they changed it to a penalty vote less than 24 hrs later, we knew about it right away.

Although, knowing how Dick would probably react in that situation they may be waiting to tell him on live TV, so he wont have as much time to throw a hissy fit.

Who knows? We'll find out tonight.

:animated_scratchchin: hmmmmm if/when I go in the BB house... I'll have my family pay to fly banner planes over the house, but they will look to be completely innocent to BB... but we'll have a code... assign each letter of the alphabet a number, convert the banner message to numbers and add them, divide by the number of houseguests, take the remainder, and that number will match with the key order of the HG I should allign with each week... that will work, if I can just get my family to understand it! :animated_shocking: oh, and we'll have to make sure I can recognize their banner message as opposed to another one that may be flying by... and I'll have to do all the calculations quielty in my head, or BB may get wise to me... It'll work, long as I'm not selected for some AP twist! :animated_shocking:

Archived