Penalty Vote

BJR

A. in the event there is a tie, they could ask the jury to vote

B. After the penalty vote, Jen didn't have a fighting chance, but they did it anyway. If fact, it was assumed they'd give her a penalty nomination. But when it was discovered that it may help her, they switched it to Penalty Vote. Until jen eating Slop, "Penalty Vote" had never been mentioned.

As far as a lose/ lose situation with BB, I don't see what BB's desires have to do with an even playing field. The rules should apply to everyone, not just a few.

They can't ask the jury to vote. They don't know what happened, and by telling them, they would learn more than they should about what is going on in the house.

Jen had a fighting chance because 5 people were voting. It's her fault she didn't even try to stay. There is 1 person voting now, and if they count a tie with a penalty vote, then that person would be Zack, and that wouldn't give Dick a fair shot at trying to stay.

BB's desires matter a lot because they are the ones putting on the show. If they kick out Dick, then their whole timeline until the end of the game changes, and the show will possibly end sooner. That means CBS loses money from sponsors.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I believe the argument is that there cannot be a tie with a penalty vote, so there is no way that the HOH could break a tie in this case.

There was a possibilty of a tie with Jens penalty vote. With six total votes (instead of five) there could have been a 3-3 tie and the HOH (Daniele) would have broken it. Just watched that part of that episode over and Julie specifically told Dani she would break a tie.

If there can be a HOH tie breaker vote in the case of that penalty vote, why couldnt there be in this case?

There was a possibilty of a tie with Jens penalty vote. With six total votes (instead of five) there could have been a 3-3 tie and the HOH (Daniele) would have broken it. Just watched that part of that episode over and Julie specifically told Dani she would break a tie.

I'm glad you cleared that up because I knew there was something funky about the vote with her, but I couldn't remember what it was. I thought it was about a tie. I think it was about how they had to have 1 more person to evict her to send her out than they thought. It was 3-2, then had to be 4-2 to send her out without going to HOH. Not that it mattered much in the end, it was 6-0.

If there can be a HOH tie breaker vote in the case of that penalty vote, why couldnt there be in this case?

Because Jen was not a Donato. Jen was the one they wanted gone. But unfortunately Jen was also entertaining and drama filled.

You cannot tell me Big Brother doesn't have enough filler to have an aditional week of shows. Hell, they can do a Danielle only show about her supposedly coming into the house not knowing her father was going to be there, then all of the comps, her magical love with Nick and the heated exchanges with various people in the house.

You could have an entire show about Eric being America*'s Player. For that matter, you could do an entire show from the jury house. Point is, they HAVE TAPE.

Agreed, Francis_3, and not only that, they've ended the show early before... soooooo...

The bottom line is unless you have a copy of the rule book, you can't say he broke a rule. I doubt there is a rule against it since BB screens everything before giving it to them. They wouldn't think that they would have to. It might be just another loophole that they will have to fix for next year.

If getting outside information isn't against the rules of Big Brother, why did they have to sneak it in with a code. Why is Vincent lying about it now?

If I'm on Big Brother next season, can someone here send me a letter in Pig Latin or a Little Orphan Annie secet decoder ring.

D-O-N-T-F-O-R-G-E-T-T-O-D-R-I-N-K-Y-O-U-R-O-V-A-L-T-I-N-E

If getting outside information isn't against the rules of Big Brother, why did they have to sneak it in with a code.

There is a difference between BB deciding what goes into a letter that they give a HG, and a rule saying that you cannot use a code to get messages in your HOH letters.

It goes against the spirit of the game, but it might not have broken any rules. It might be just another loophole that they have to fix before next year. This season has been full of them.

I'm sure this wasn't the first case of before-the-fact cheating but it needs to be the last. I think the HOH's can do without any letters or the letters must be written before the very first day in the house - like just a thinking of you pep talk sort of letter, but still written and submitted before the game ever starts.

What makes me sick are the ones of you here that wanted to applaud Jen for eating when she agreed to be on slop, and now want to hang Dick because he "cheated"... If Jen didn't cheat by eating, then Dick didn't cheat by getting a coded letter...

IMHO Both cheated and both deserve some kind of action be taken against them...

What makes me sick are the ones of you here that wanted to applaud Jen for eating when she agreed to be on slop, and now want to hang Dick because he "cheated"... If Jen didn't cheat by eating, then Dick didn't cheat by getting a coded letter...

No need to bait, and you can use your same line of reasoning to favor the other HG. There's plenty of people here that hung Jen for eating a turkey burger but are giving Dick a free pass for his coded letter. If Jen cheated by eating, then Dick cheated with his letter.

I agreed with her with the last line of my post. The point wasnt whats good for one is good for all...she made an attack on anti-Dick members and I was indicating the same line of reasoning could be made with the anti-Jen posters as well..it leads to the same result :animated_wave:

Something was mentioned that Jen eating was not cheating. I had to add this in because I saw a comment that being on slop weakens you and clouds your judgment. (good point) However, I don't think anyone mentioned that Jen eating was in fact cheating, because wasn't being on slop until the end of the show one of the reasons why she even won the veto? I mean, without it, she knew she was gone so she had to go balls out to get it. Jameka couldn't play in an HOH for 5 games and if she did (even though she couldn't) that would have been cheating without a doubt. I thought it was the same veto comp where they had to give up/do the most ridiculous things.

Just had to clarify. Jen eating on slop = cheating.

Sorry. Had to.

IMHO Both cheated and both deserve some kind of action be taken against them...

I for one applauded Jen for eating because it was a big FU to CBS, which was needed. HOWEVER I never said she shouldnt have been punished. She knew she would be punished and didnt cry when she was.

I am not biased here. They both cheated. No excuses. I will say that at least Jen did it in a moment of weakness and let her emotions get the best of her. Dick planned and schemed to cheat prior to even walking through the doors of the house.

Anyone thought of that perspective??

I still think both should have the same punishment. Giving Dick a penalty vote this week would keep the timing exactly the same. There wouldnt be a need to end the season early. Right? It would also keep fans from both "sides" interested in the game. People would still watch to cheer on Dani and people would still watch to see one of the others beat Dani. In reality it would keep the ratings up higher than if the Donatos take over everything. That's just plain boring. No drama or excitement there.

I must say it would def bump those ratings to watch Dani fight for it herself w/out the dynamic duo sinking their teeth in.

I personally think Dick and Dani are a force and have kicked ass, but it would really be something to see her rock the rest solo. I don't really think Dick could win the final comps. I think she could if she stayed strong enough without Dad there.

I guess we will see.

When it comes to the finals, I can totally see Dick hanging in there and sticking it out. He's stubborn and would keep going even if he were tired. Don't count him out yet. Besides..while I don't like Dick, I dislike Dani even more. I'd much prefer to see her go before him, though I know that's not going to happen now..blah!

Back to the Jen thing... I really don't see her eating food opposed to slop as cheating. It was more of a rebellion and a FU to BB than cheating. She broke the rules and suffered the consequence. She knew the moment she did it that she would be reprimanded for so doing. She did it plainly, she didn't sneak it. She didn't try to cover it up, or get away with it. It was right there, out in the open, totally as a sign of defiance, knowing full well that it wouldn't be in her favour. Again, she knew from the rule book that she'd have a penalty nom (but since she was already on the block probably anticipated further action being taken). There are loads of ways for rules to be broken and not have it be labelled as cheating.

If Dick did put in a ball or get some sort of code ( to which I support btw ), he did it in hopes to sneak it by BB to further himself, hoping not to get caught.

That right there marks the difference. That which is done out in the open with the expectation of being seen and getting in trouble, and that which is done in secret, hoping no one sees or notices in order to get away with it and further yourself. Doing that which you know will hinder your game (like Jen), or that which you hope will help your game (like Dick..allegedly).

It would be funny as hell if Dick's boisterous claims of sending code caused him to get evicted tomorrow night via a penalty vote.

Would certainly jazz up the anti-climactic ending we have rolling towards us.

But I don't think there's a snowball's chance in hell of that happening.

But I don't think there's a snowball's chance in hell of that happening.

you are correct

but it is fun to imagine

Don't know if this has been posted but i was reading another board where James posted that this was indeed against the rules and Dick should be removed

Archived