Tuesday, July 24th

CeCiMom

Dick and Daniele having the long awaited talk about their relationship. Lots of tears.

Wow he must have told Dani he loved her about 30 times. Every word that came out of his mouth was that of a loving father begging for his daugher to let him in her life. She quit talking to him 2 years ago because he called her too much and left too many messages on her answering machine. She was rude and yelled a bunch of crap at him that made no sense.

Wow .... his bad for trying to be a father and be a part of her life.

I don't have the live feeds so am just going by what others say. But does anybody think that Dick is just trying to make himself look good because of the cameras and that Danielle really does have a legitimate reason to distance herself? Or, is Dick coming across as being truly sincere?

I don't think she is. I've had personal problems in the past with close family members and ousted them from my life, only to take them back and have them hurt me again. I can relate to how Dani must feel. It's hard when you don't trust someone and they keep saying "sorry" for something they will probably do again.

Look at yesterday for example when Dick went off. He was really rude and mean to her. That's probably how he was back home and why she stopped talking to him.

I totally agree that Daniele should have been MUCH more accepting of Dick's OBVIOUSLY sincere apology (you really can't fake emotion like that, and the one thing Dick is is honest with his emotions) and she should have agreed way earlier in his apology to start over from here and let the past stay in the past, and to both agree to try hard to start a new beginning.

It is also true that they are both emotionally volatile, and are trying hard to show the other how terrible THEY were made to feel by the first, and they do get sucked right in to this kind of oneupmanship- (You weren't like a father to me you were like a mean friend...Well I think that the meanest thing a person can do to another is to cut off communication and to not speak to them at all for 2 years- you have no idea how much that hurt me...Well you would keep telling me that I only thought about myself and I am not that person! you don't even know me!...Well, I think we said a lot of nasty things to each other...Well, you were the adult and you should have known better!)

But on the whole, when it really counted, in the second half of the conversation, Dick was able to really hold back on those types of comments with only 1 or 2 slips, and really poured his heart out, and Daniele kept her barriers up solid and did not allow even the slightest chink in her armor when he made obvious moves toward a hug, and then was forced to verbally beg for it, and she did not move a single muscle, not even to push her hair aside from her eyes so she could even exchange a glance. That is mean.

I am sure he made plenty of mistakes in raising her, especially since he said so in his talk with her, and he apologized for specific mistakes he thought of, and for those he did not know about, and for the ones she complained about.he did get defensive about some. I did not hear any apologies from her, and it sounds like and looks like, from the way she is now, that she probably was not the easiest teenager to raise. But the talking was all Dick. Scratch that -- all of the apology was Dick. There were certainly complaints about what he did wrong coming from Daniele. Certainly neither perfect in the past, but the score was clear for tonight.

In my (ok, I'm going to actually put some real psychological weight behind this) professional opinion, I think her childish behavior goes well beyond the hurt he caused her all her life--especially considering the conditions under which they stopped speaking 2 - 3 years ago after 2 years of enjoying a very close relationship (which definitely had more to do with her having a boyfriend than anything else).

I think she really can not see things from another's perspective, or at least not her Dad's, and she certainly has anger issues that she releases on all the other HG's as well in the form of what they all call "sarcasm" but is really plain old meanness. She is immature, stubborn, spoiled, feels privileged and an overinflated sense of power and "adulthood" that she got by controlling the lack of flow of information to her father for the past years, takes out her anger wherever she feels like it, and no, she is most definitely NOT selfless.

I don't think she is.

That could be the case with Evil D{ not my opinion though) but doesn't explain why she is like that with other family members... Not talking to her bro for 6 months because he wouldn't lend her a game console is a tad selfish...

Swoons with Nick when she has a live in BF outside the house, yet whines how it"s NOT FAIR TO HER...

I think I called it pretty good!!!

I think Jameka gave Dick some good advice on how to approach Daniele. Yes she is acting childish because she is still an adolescent with adolescent issues. I don't think their relationship will be resolved and repaired until they have the chance to go through private family counseling. I felt very sorry for both of them this evening and sometimes I just wish Dick would just shut up even when he's trying to be comforting. I hope he can learn to be a better listener, he doesn't have to fill every silence.

omg kail is still up :flags_unitedstates::flags_unitedstates::flags_unitedstates:

And she said "Evel DICK" That's the first I've heard her say it.

Again, from personal experience, I think she just might not feel like she belongs in her family. For the longest time, I thought I was the problem until I became an adult and moved out.

Then I realized that me and my family just didn't get along. I was too different from them. It's probably the same way with Dani. She's too different and wants things from them that they aren't willing to give her. It's only the third week, so I can't tell you what those things are, but Dick isn't as innocent in this whole thing as alot of people want to believe. A daughter doesn't just hate her father (and brother, I guess) for no reason at all.

She probably just feels like people in her family hurt her too much so she just removed herself from the family entirely. Now think about how she must feel being put in a house with her father, a man whom she probably would have went ten more years without talk to him if it weren't for this game. It can't be easy on her. You can't get over your personal hate for someone that you've had for many years within the span of a Big Brother game. It's impossible.

I think it's safe to say that both Dick and Daniele have equal responsibility in the destruction of their relationship, but at least Dick is trying. Daniele has proved how much of a brat, and how selfish she is over and over. Look at what she is doing to her boyfriend!! He's the only one that's been there for her for the past 2 years and she's giving affection to another guy on national tv. Not only that but she's messing with Nicks head.

Edit: We had to have 4 cameras on Dani and Nicks crap instead of seeing what was going on outside with EVERYONE else... when the cams switched outside we got Eric and Jen doing a two person roll together... And Kail doing roundoffs... wth? I am thoroughly annoyed that they keep all 4 cams on the same two people when there are other things going on...FUN THINGS! It's 2 am and Kail is still awake!!!

nick needs to dump that sicko danielle :flags_unitedstates::flags_unitedstates::flags_unitedstates:

ok again... we were fixing to watch the outside people do a 3 legged race and all feeds switch to Dani pouting with Dustin!!! UUUUUGH!!! it's so frustrating... Finally the feeds went back to the backyard and Kail is doing back flips on Erics arm, it's very cool seeing her be so outgoing! Maybe she's just trying to get votes, but she should be like this more often.

edit: And right on cue as I was getting into the outside group all feeds switch to Nick and Amber with this Dani drama. Give me a break! I'm so over this!! There are 10 other people in the house having fun and we have to watch this high school sh1t!!!!

too much whispering for my taste :flags_unitedstates::flags_unitedstates::flags_unitedstates:

We need to keep an eye out for the first person at the kitchen sink today. Dick has somehow rigged the hose/faucet combo. It appears that no water will come out at first but will spray everywhere as soon as the 'restraint' is removed. Whatever he used, he got it from the bathroom - hanging on the wall.

[And she said "Evel DICK" That's the first I've heard her say it. ]

No. She said it before sitting at the table after he ripped on her. Quote " It sounds like you're worried Evel Dick."

I hope Dick rigging the kitchen sink won't backfire on him...after the vandalism of Jen's stuff, I think the HG's would be well-advised to stay away from practical jokes for a while, or they could be blamed for Erik's stunt.

Archived